Golems and Ballista week

0 cost to buy blueprint/0 supply to build golems would be a hoot for a weekend. Maybe not a whole week. Either way, Lobster would probably die from happiness. :grin:

IDK, changing things up every so often is welcome to me. Maybe some stuff turns out good, some bad. At least it's not the same old same old.

@Optimator.3589 said:would be a hoot for a weekend. Maybe not a whole week.

Many of us have weekend obligations that don't allow us time to play at that time. A lot of people go away on weekends, many work weekends, some have family obligations -- just to name a few. That's why a lot of people were irritated by that double wxp weekend event a few weeks back with only three days notice, and glad that last week's event ran the whole week.Run events for a week, so everyone can participate.

@Straegen.9534 said:Remember deployable cannons? I like the change of pace weeks even if they aren't my favorite game modes.

Pretty much this. I'm always in favor of small temporary changes to help keep things fresh. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with next.

~ Kovu

@Vavume.8065 said:We have had a golem week before, very few people liked it, myself included, so it's a NO from me.Not true at all, it was tons of fun...

... right up until the point where people discovered the duping and damage modifier bugs that broke the game and we begged Anet to end the event.

It's like if you imagined that the no-downedstate week had people coming back to life with the hitpoints they would have had when dying, and every time they died they got the same percentage back. So after dying 10 times you would have had like a million hitpoints.

Damn that would have been so much fun.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:Not true at all, it was tons of fun...

Then you were one of the few that liked it.

Golem week was a blast. Had commanders throwing siege golems left and right. Entire map blobs of golems it was epic fun. I myself went through tons of golems that week.

lol I missed the event. Really want golem week or PvD week(No siege).

How many years ago was golem week? We had 24 servers and 3 ABLs at the time, so it's been awhile, doesn't it stand to reason that the kinks have been worked out since?

There only so many special events available they could try, and continuing to complain about that one, when it likely wouldn't be as bad in today's climate limits the special events we could have even further. I say let's try it again.

Archived