Leaderboard should be removed from soloranked and only applied to TA

Arheundel.6451

A controversial request no doubts, many will disagree ...but a request based on sound reasoning nevertheless . The current system is mostly luck based , you have no control over other individuals and a couple of mistakes from one can easily negatively influence the rest even when they clearly do not deserve it.

This random factor alone cast doubts on the validity of a leaderboard that supposedly show the personal skill level of individuals, the idea that a team based system can be used to verify the merits of individuals while using random elements in the equation....it's extremely flawed , this is a decision that should have never been made and for obvious reasons:

1- It brings unrealistic levels of competitiviness2- it frustrate the playerbase with all the unsavoury behaviour3- Unnecessary strain on balance4- No real measurement of personal skill level

The devs should just remove this solo ranked leaderboard and apply it to Team arena somehow, then just leave titles based on wins for solo players : in a single move you get rid of win traders and toxicity and all the issues it brings as luggage.

Either way I'd love to read about the supposed benefits of a soloranked leaderboard and how it effectively display the skill level of players

I've been saying it for months. Couldn't agree more.

I wish Ranked and Unranked were just merged (let people play / farm with friends) and a bigger effort was made to make team-play tourneys a bigger deal, giving people a reason to actually form teams and practice and compete in a legit way ... instead of win-trading and match-manipulating and playing only at peak hours, etc.

That's phase one. Phase two would be start adding more game modes to the new "random queue battleground" (unranked and ranked merged solo- or -team-queue mode).

Once solo-q is made more "casual, "you can start making that as fun as possible (new game modes, brawls with new rules, etc).

It's a team-based mode that has been shoved into a solo-q random experience. Gross.

@Arheundel.6451 said:A controversial request no doubts, many will disagree ...but a request based on sound reasoning nevertheless . The current system is mostly luck based , you have no control over other individuals and a couple of mistakes from one can easily negatively influence the rest even when they clearly do not deserve it.

This random factor alone cast doubts on the validity of a leaderboard that supposedly show the personal skill level of individuals, the idea that a team based system can be used to verify the merits of individuals while using random elements in the equation....it's extremely flawed , this is a decision that should have never been made and for obvious reasons:

1- It brings unrealistic levels of competitiviness2- it frustrate the playerbase with all the unsavoury behaviour3- Unnecessary strain on balance4- No real measurement of personal skill level

The devs should just remove this solo ranked leaderboard and apply it to Team arena somehow, then just leave titles based on wins for solo players : in a single move you get rid of win traders and toxicity and all the issues it brings as luggage.

Either way I'd love to read about the supposed benefits of a soloranked leaderboard and how it effectively display the skill level of players

Law of Averages. The more games you play, the more it evens out. If your build and skill level truly make you better than the competition at your current rating level, you will tend to move up in rating. If not, you will tend to move down. In any given match you may be at the mercy of the matchmaking system, but over many matches you will make the difference in enough of them to move either up or down in rating. All players are playing under the same system here (except cheaters, I guess?).

@"pah.4931" said:I've been saying it for months. Couldn't agree more.

I wish Ranked and Unranked were just merged (let people play / farm with friends) and a bigger effort was made to make team-play tourneys a bigger deal, giving people a reason to actually form teams and practice and compete in a legit way ... instead of win-trading and match-manipulating and playing only at peak hours, etc.

That's phase one. Phase two would be start adding more game modes to the new "random queue battleground" (unranked and ranked merged solo- or -team-queue mode).

Once solo-q is made more "casual, "you can start making that as fun as possible (new game modes, brawls with new rules, etc).

It's a team-based mode that has been shoved into a solo-q random experience. Gross.

Yeah, I think WoW has GW2 beat on this one. Casual PvPers love the battleground games like conquest, capture the flag, etc. More serious PvPers would likely prefer an arena format, with 1v1 and teams where the objective is simply to defeat the enemy team. And who wouldn't like more variety? Especially if it separates (somewhat) the casuals from the hardcore and reduces toxicity in the process!

@AliamRationem.5172 said:Yeah, I think WoW has GW2 beat on this one. Casual PvPers love the battleground games like conquest, capture the flag, etc. More serious PvPers would likely prefer an arena format, with 1v1 and teams where the objective is simply to defeat the enemy team. And who wouldn't like more variety? Especially if it separates (somewhat) the casuals from the hardcore and reduces toxicity in the process!It's not really true that players in WoW think arena is a better gameplay format. Rated Battlegrounds in WoW had high interest, but the logistics of having a team of 10 with a strong class composition made it difficult to play consistently.

@"pah.4931" said:I've been saying it for months. Couldn't agree more.

I'm with this guy!~

I just wanna farm some PIPS with guildies and friends.....

I also don't want to feel bad for my platinum or gold allies either because they care about rank and I don't... I don't need their abuse nor do they need me on their team, it's unhealthy and breeds toxicity from both ends.

Must be frustrating to enter a motocross event in partners but your friend is riding the push bike for laughs.

@Exedore.6320 said:

@AliamRationem.5172 said:Yeah, I think WoW has GW2 beat on this one. Casual PvPers love the battleground games like conquest, capture the flag, etc. More serious PvPers would likely prefer an arena format, with 1v1 and teams where the objective is simply to defeat the enemy team. And who wouldn't like more variety? Especially if it separates (somewhat) the casuals from the hardcore and reduces toxicity in the process!It's not really true that players in WoW think arena is a better gameplay format. Rated Battlegrounds in WoW had high interest, but the logistics of having a team of 10 with a strong class composition made it difficult to play consistently.

You're (maybe) missing the point here.

The point is that pre-made teams should ALWAYS be the highest form of competition. What do Rated Battlegrounds and Arena have in common in WoW (or at the least they did when i was banging)?? You create a team before queuing ... and you're against other teams. And it's actually ... you know ... competitive. Imagine Rated Battlegrounds that formed teams randomly and your individual rank was just based on whether or not you win or lose, regardless of how you or your teammates performed. Sounds terrible, right? Well, that's ranked sPvP in gw2 right now.

Anet is forcing competitive players into Random Solo-q Ranked mode (or forcing them to leave the game)... instead of supporting a true team-based mode and then letting solo-q be all about wonky fun!

Anet is forcing competitive players into Random Solo-q Ranked mode (or forcing them to leave the game)... instead of supporting a true team-based mode and then letting solo-q be all about wonky fun!

Why don't you just play ATs then?

Today people have the choice to soloQ or ATs. The only people who are forcing someone is You (and op), by forcing everyone to go ATs (which even if you remove SoloQ or Give 50k gold reward, you will only see SoloQ people leaving, they will not go ATs more than before for most of them.), not anet.

Either way I'd love to read about the supposed benefits of a soloranked leaderboard and how it effectively display the skill level of playersI'm sure you do 0 mistake in SoloQ.

@"viquing.8254" said:

Today people have the choice to soloQ or ATs. The only people who are forcing someone is
You
(and op), by forcing everyone to go ATs (which even if you remove SoloQ or Give 50k gold reward, you will only see SoloQ people leaving, they will not go ATs more than before for most of them.), not anet.

Either way I'd love to read about the supposed benefits of a soloranked leaderboard and how it effectively display the skill level of playersI'm sure you do 0 mistake in SoloQ.

Not sure why'd you prefer a toxic system that encourages match manipulation, when it could be easily fixed. You either 1) don't understand how terrible the solo-q ranked system is for actually determine your skill (most likely) ... or 2) you are one of the ones who enjoys map manipulation to inflate your meaningless rating (no one with a brain would take a solo-q ranking based on wins/losses as actually meaningful).

I think solo-q "casual mode" has its place. It should be for fun and for farming gold and and playing with friends and for laughs and stuff. If you want to actually be competitive, you should join a team and play the game for real... test how good you actually are (instead of how good you are at googling a meta build and playing only during peak hours lulz). And then be rewarded for it, with stuff and with glory.

The "primary" leaderboard should NOT be solo-q. Just like the highest level of professional sports aren't solo-based randomly generated teams.

Do any major e-sport tournaments create random teams? No. because that's stupid. The highest form of competition should be team-based premades. That is all the OP is saying.

@viquing.8254 said:

Today people have the choice to soloQ or ATs. The only people who are forcing someone is
You
(and op), by forcing everyone to go ATs (which even if you remove SoloQ or Give 50k gold reward, you will only see SoloQ people leaving, they will not go ATs more than before for most of them.), not anet.

Did you actually read the OP? removing leaderboard won't remove any soloq, simply suggested to remove this grind/luck based leaderboard that foster nothing but exploitation and toxicity, also I proposed to add another type of titles is that all you're after.What I suggested is far from being unreasonable, the glicko 2.0 used by anet is useless because it only apply really to team effort and you can'y measure that if your team is random

Not sure why'd you prefer a toxic system that encourages match manipulation, when it could be easily fixed. You either 1) don't understand how terrible the solo-q ranked system is for actually determine your skill (most likely) ... or 2) you are one of the ones who enjoys map manipulation to inflate your meaningless rating (no one with a brain would take a solo-q ranking based on wins/losses as actually meaningful).1) match manipulation decrease with bans season after season.2) solo skill is little in a game in soloQ, it's all about positionning, rotation and teamplay.3) if this is actually meaningless, why did you even care about ?3) If you succed better in AT's, go in it, what's the problem ?

you should join a team and play the game for real... test how good you actually are (instead of how good you are at googling a meta build and playing only during peak hours lulz). And then be rewarded for it, with stuff and with glory.Ok then you are anet, why did you try to lose let say 50% of soloQers (probably more) who will never go in ATs for whatever reason ?Even if the most competitive PvP is in ATs (actually it is.), why did you want to remove something that worth "nothing" in your words but propably make some people stop playing if it wasn't present ?

The highest form of competition should be team-based premades.It is actually, where is the problem ?

Did you actually read the OP? removing leaderboard won't remove any soloq, simply suggested to remove this grind/luck based leaderboard that foster nothing but exploitation and toxicity, also I proposed to add another type of titles is that all you're after.SoThe current system is mostly luck basedNo.show the personal skill level of individuals,What is skill level of individual ?Dancing in front of his PC after wining a duel ?Actually, unranked ans ranked soloQ aren't the same at all. And no I don't want to have soloQ ranked be the same as soloQ unranked.

What I suggested is far from being unreasonable, the glicko 2.0 used by anet is useless because it only apply really to team effort and you can'y measure that if your team is randomY there is a part of luck and bad luck but the more game you play, the less random your rating is.

Law of Averages. The more games you play, the more it evens out. If your build and skill level truly make you better than the competition at your current rating level, you will tend to move up in rating. If not, you will tend to move down. In any given match you may be at the mercy of the matchmaking system, but over many matches you will make the difference in enough of them to move either up or down in rating. All players are playing under the same system here (except cheaters, I guess?).

^ this 100%...your average player complains about MM and yet the better players consitently end up at the top every season.Honestly, the only people who should be complaining are those top 50 or so who are consistently at the top because they (myself included) are always the ones carrying games. I’m not saying those top 50 players are playing perfectly 100% of the time, if they are saying that they are pompous and wrong, (I’m CERTAINLY not a perfect player lol), but what I am saying is that players would rather complain about MM then identify the inherent flaws in their own gameplay that are probably keeping them at a low MMR.

Players that understand this, understand that solo Q really doesn’t mean much in terms of skill. I still solo Q a shit ton because 1). I find this game fun and enjoyable and 2). Because I still get practice and try to get better for team games that actually matter like ATs and AG tournaments.

The only thing I would like to see anet do is reward players for actually playing well, and not with gold or ascended gear because that just makes PvErs complain and who fucking cares about gear and gold in PvP? We need EXCLUSIVE PvP titles, gear, weapons, auras, and even mounts. They gave us this cool HoTm to afk in to show off our gear, but don’t give us a wide variety of anything exclusive to choose from. The only exclusive and cool reward is from winning AT and those 5 players are .0001% of the community.

@"Interpretor.3091" said:

^ this 100%...your average player complains about MM and yet the better players consitently end up at the top every season.Honestly, the only people who should be complaining are those top 50 or so who are consistently at the top because they (myself included) are always the ones carrying games. I’m not saying those top 50 players are playing perfectly 100% of the time, if they are saying that they are pompous and wrong, (I’m CERTAINLY not a perfect player lol), but what I am saying is that players would rather complain about MM then identify the inherent flaws in their own gameplay that are probably keeping them at a low MMR.

Players that understand this, understand that solo Q really doesn’t mean much in terms of skill. I still solo Q a kitten ton because 1). I find this game fun and enjoyable and 2). Because I still get practice and try to get better for team games that actually matter like ATs and AG tournaments.

The only thing I would like to see anet do is reward players for actually playing well, and not with gold or ascended gear because that just makes PvErs complain and who kitten cares about gear and gold in PvP? We need EXCLUSIVE PvP titles, gear, weapons, auras, and even mounts. They gave us this cool HoTm to afk in to show off our gear, but don’t give us a wide variety of anything exclusive to choose from. The only exclusive and cool reward is from winning AT and those 5 players are .0001% of the community.

To this day nobody has yet been able to explain how exactly "their" gameplay influence a game to the point where they decide when to lose and win:

1) Do you consistently win 1vs32) Win every teamfight by merely showing up?

-So if you get 3 players who manage to lose to a single necro...it's my fault for being bad?

• You get players who act like a bot , dieing/respawn and rush only to lose again without ever changing tactics
  • -You get wintraders, people who simply don't care....

I'd really love to put you on the other side of the spectrum and show us how your gameplay brings you higher

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@"Interpretor.3091" said:

Players that understand this, understand that solo Q really doesn’t mean much in terms of skill. I still solo Q a kitten ton because 1). I find this game fun and enjoyable and 2). Because I still get practice and try to get better for team games that actually matter like ATs and AG tournaments.

The only thing I would like to see anet do is reward players for actually playing well, and not with gold or ascended gear because that just makes PvErs complain and who kitten cares about gear and gold in PvP? We need EXCLUSIVE PvP titles, gear, weapons, auras, and even mounts. They gave us this cool HoTm to afk in to show off our gear, but don’t give us a wide variety of anything exclusive to choose from. The only exclusive and cool reward is from winning AT and those 5 players are .0001% of the community.

To this day nobody has yet been able to explain how exactly "their" gameplay influence a game to the point where they decide when to lose and win:

-So if you get 3 players who manage to lose to a single necro...it's my fault for being bad?
  • You get players who act like a bot , dieing/respawn and rush only to lose again without ever changing tactics

I'd really love to put you on the other side of the spectrum and show us how your gameplay brings you higher

I put myself in a position to be the most effective. I do consistenly hold and sometimes even win 1v2s to give my team an advantage. I do heavily impact a teamfight by marking/focusing targets and peeling for my teammates. I play multiple classes to fill in for specific roles that would make the most impact for the team comp I am given.

All of these things I have learned over time and taken the time, my personal time, to improve on.

Everyone who solo queues gets the bots, the bads, the ignorant, and the Wintraders. Everyone. Not just you.Everyone is on the same playing field because we all queue into the same MM system with the same variables.

@Interpretor.3091 said:

I put myself in a position to be the most effective. I do consistenly hold and sometimes even win 1v2s to give my team an advantage. I do heavily impact a teamfight by marking/focusing targets and peeling for my teammates. I play multiple classes to fill in for specific roles that would make the most impact for the team comp I am given.

All of these things I have learned over time and taken the time, my personal time, to improve on.

Everyone who solo queues gets the bots, the bads, the ignorant, and the Wintraders. Everyone. Not just you.Everyone is on the same playing field because we all queue into the same MM system with the same variables.

You don't do more than the people who complain...do you realise that while you can hold even 1v3..your entire team can get farmed by 2 enemies forcing you to go and help them out vs 2? Now the system consistently gives you these players and you tell me it's my fault for getting them.

If you don't like the solo-q leaderboard, then just don't look at it. Pretend it doesn't exist. Accept that you are at the level you are (whether as a result of your skill in the game or random factors that you cannot control), and just move on. Play unranked for fun and play ranked for competitive play and the stressed out people.

@viquing.8254 said:If you can do 1v3 chances are one people on the other team can do the same. That's why roration > individual skill.And for the bad luck, it has been explained endlessly that the more you play, the less luck impact.

Indeed team > individual skill , a team that is luck based because even if you rotate to help the struggles ...the enemy will rotate too and it always happen to be better than your team and still here you are...promoting a leaderboard that as you state is based on teamplay where teams are luck based.

@Martnor.1746 said:If you don't like the solo-q leaderboard, then just don't look at it. Pretend it doesn't exist. Accept that you are at the level you are (whether as a result of your skill in the game or random factors that you cannot control), and just move on. Play unranked for fun and play ranked for competitive play and the stressed out people.

Maybe you want to explain me why I can 1vs2-3 for example and my team lose while being 4vs2...should I put this in numbers all matches look like this :

me- 2000 and all my team got 500 eachenemy is all 1000

There is zero chance for you to win

@Arheundel.6451 said:

You don't do more than the people who complain...do you realise that while you can hold even 1v3..your entire team can get farmed by 2 enemies forcing you to go and help them out vs 2? Now the system consistently gives you these players and you tell me it's my fault for getting them.

The system is the same for everyone, if the MMR system truly is designed to make the teams most balanced based off of personal MMRs, (which Anet has told us that that is the way that it is done), then you have an equal chance of getting good players and getting bad players; the same as everyone else. Everyone gets unwinnable games and everyone similarly gets games where the enemy team has absolutely no chance of winning. Both have an equal chance of happening. The only variable you can control is you.

Please explain to me how the same players end up on top consistently? You're telling me that the same players get consistently lucky with who is on their team EVERY season? Come on... there has to be something that they are doing to consistently and effectively impact their games. And no, not ALL of those players are cheating and win trading. That's not only speculation, but it's also insulting to the players who do try hard to play and carry their games.

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Martnor.1746 said:If you don't like the solo-q leaderboard, then just don't look at it. Pretend it doesn't exist. Accept that you are at the level you are (whether as a result of your skill in the game or random factors that you cannot control), and just move on. Play unranked for fun and play ranked for competitive play and the stressed out people.

Maybe you want to explain me why I can 1vs2-3 for example and my team lose while being 4vs2...should I put this in numbers all matches look like this :

me- 2000 and all my team got 500 eachenemy is all 1000

There is zero chance for you to win

That's irrelevant to what I said. Correct me if I am wrong, but the OP was that you want to remove the leaderboard because it encourages toxicity and it is inaccurate. I said regardless of the factors (which includes your unluckiness with teams) that's putting you wherever you are on the leaderboard, accept it and ignore the leaderboard. So I'm acknowledging that the board is not perfect, and all I'm doing is giving you a solution. Ignore the leaderboard. The leaderboard is only an issue if you care about it. It's down to the individual players to not let the leaderboard affect them.

With regards to toxicity from players around you, this will always be present whether there is a leaderboard or not. It's competitive gameplay and the majority of people will want to win and will be unhappy at losing. Granted, some people will take losing better than others, but after a loss streak, that can annoy anybody.

@Interpretor.3091 said:

The system is the same for everyone, if the MMR system truly is designed to make the teams most balanced based off of personal MMRs, (which Anet has told us that that is the way that it is done), then you have an equal chance of getting good players and getting bad players; the same as everyone else. Everyone gets unwinnable games and everyone similarly gets games where the enemy team has absolutely no chance of winning. Both have an equal chance of happening. The only variable you can control is you.

Please explain to me how the same players end up on top consistently? You're telling me that the same players get consistently lucky with who is on their team EVERY season? Come on... there has to be something that they are doing to consistently and effectively impact their games. And no, not ALL of those players are cheating and win trading. That's not only speculation, but it's also insulting to the players who do try hard to play and carry their games.

You can't carry anything unless the system place decent players in your team all the time or at least 8 times out of 10..players who can actually win their own duel time to time, that can rotate from a losing fight, that can peel and so on..if i do understand these concepts...I don't understand why the system give me consistently players who don't..it doesn't make any bloody sense

Take pips and chests out of Ranked and put them into Unranked and we will see how many people REALLY care about ranked. Love to see anyone argue.

Ranked doesn't have rewards because those players "deserve" them... ranked has rewards because no one would that busted system without getting shiny things in return... and if hardly anyone played, then the matchmaking would be even worse than it already is.

Archived