Downstate

Jugglemonkey.8741

So as much as I enjoyed no downstate week, it was a little OP on certain builds (deadeye main here). That said it was a lot of fun.

So, instead of no downstate straight off, how about these suggestions:

1) only one person can res. Scrapper F1 not affected by this cap (maybe 2 people? Or only 2 scrapper resses? Discuss)2) remove self res skills, only allies or rally can get you up (only in WvW)3) if you get downed within 30s of being rested, you skip downed state and instantly die (accompanied by a sufficiently obvious ui icon so you know when it expires)

Something like this would provide counterplay both through ressing and against it, I think, and would accommodate both people who enjoy ressing and those who liked no downstate. Thoughts?

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:So as much as I enjoyed no downstate week, it was a little OP on certain builds (deadeye main here). That said it was a lot of fun.

So, instead of no downstate straight off, how about these suggestions:

1) only one person can res. Scrapper F1 not affected by this cap (maybe 2 people? Or only 2 scrapper resses? Discuss)2) remove self res skills, only allies or rally can get you up (only in WvW)3) if you get downed within 30s of being rested, you skip downed state and instantly die (accompanied by a sufficiently obvious ui icon so you know when it expires)

Something like this would provide counterplay both through ressing and against it, I think, and would accommodate both people who enjoy ressing and those who liked no downstate. Thoughts?

why no selfrezz? it doesnt effect zerging in the least bit, if you can rezz yourself with an enemy zerg around then lucky you, the zerg must be absolute trashi enjoy dueling alot, without having the need to port to spawn whenever i take a lose

@Roxanne.6140 said:can you guys get more creative, so I can at least enjoy some diversity in the forums?

well create your own interesting thread then, and ignore those that dont interest you, you knew what you get when reading the title, why did you click it? if others want to talk about it, let them

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:Aaaaaaand here we go again! And again(x43).

@Roxanne.6140 said:can you guys get more creative, so I can at least enjoy some diversity in the forums?

Nobody's forcing you to read this. I'm not arguing full no downed state, just trying to suggest something in between that doesn't make blobs a one push fest but also is more interesting for smaller groups and solo roamers when outnumbered. I'd like constructive feedback if you have it, but like I say, if the existence of this post annoys you then feel free to ignore it.

@RedShark.9548 said:why no selfrezz? it doesnt effect zerging in the least bit, if you can rezz yourself with an enemy zerg around then lucky you, the zerg must be absolute trashi enjoy dueling alot, without having the need to port to spawn whenever i take a lose

That's a point, I'd forgotten duelling. I was trying to make ressing more of a team oriented thing to force a bit more strategy and the need to watch over wounded allies instead of discarding them, but I can see how that would be counterproductive for small groups or duelists. Points 1 and 3 are probably the more impactful ones, I don't mind if 2 isn't a thing really.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

@oOStaticOo.9467 said:Aaaaaaand here we go again! And again(x43).

Nobody's forcing you to read this. I'm not arguing full no downed state, just trying to suggest something in between that doesn't make blobs a one push fest but also is more interesting for smaller groups and solo roamers when outnumbered. I'd like constructive feedback if you have it, but like I say, if the existence of this post annoys you then feel free to ignore it.

@RedShark.9548 said:why no selfrezz? it doesnt effect zerging in the least bit, if you can rezz yourself with an enemy zerg around then lucky you, the zerg must be absolute trashi enjoy dueling alot, without having the need to port to spawn whenever i take a lose

That's a point, I'd forgotten duelling. I was trying to make ressing more of a team oriented thing to force a bit more strategy and the need to watch over wounded allies instead of discarding them, but I can see how that would be counterproductive for small groups or duelists. Points 1 and 3 are probably the more impactful ones, I don't mind if 2 isn't a thing really.

yea the selfrezz is so easy to interrup (only talking bandage, pet and nekro is absolutely kitten) with just hitting em once, shouldnt effect smaller groups that muchjust this night i got away from a fight, but like 2 condis i couldnt clear anymore downed me and 0 enemies around me...would be so sad if i just bled to death with no friend nor foe around

Downed state should be deleted from the code. Rez should be deleted from the code. You die, you port and do the walk of shame. If they want a downed state-ish setup, have a player get a 2s invuln when they drop below 10% health on a 120s timer. Stops insta-gib, gives a player a couple seconds to recover from a fatal shot but doesn't create a ridiculous mechanic that makes bigger zergs nearly unkillable.

I'm more for a "3 strikes; you're out" type deal with Downstate. Let a player go down twice before the third HP depletion defeats the player, and increase the downed penalty stacks to last 2 minutes, rather than the 1 minute they last now. Currently a player can be downed 3 times before the 4th down defeats them - though this is only over the course of 1 minute. After a minute, a stack of downed penalty is removed.

Currently if a player is downed and revived every 30 seconds, they can be downed...8 times before downstate is skipped and they are defeated? Kinda silly.

Archived