Raids and fractals tied to lw. Please reconsider.

Apparently Deepstone was small in development scope and the next fractal is already deep in development. The raid is also practically done and all thats left is stuff like vo.

Yet its heavily implied that the raid will release with the next lw update which is most likely going to be September (unless there is another delay to ensure quality...)

The fractals will continue to be released every 2 lw updates which looking at Deepstone can be up to 7 months.

Deepstone had no cm or anything of that sort and is prob one of the easier and shorter fractal yet it rivals shattered as one of the fractals that took the longest to come out.

And all that because for some reason releasing all the content in bulk is considered a good idea at Anet.

Theres been alot of players that complained about this aproach to content delivery and i believe they are right.

Spacing out content wont hurt anyone and will keep the game fresh. Iirc MO was all about shipping content when its ready, i guess he meant shipping content when LW is ready.

Yeah it looks like next raid will be released with next Living World episode, which means only one raid wing for 2018. It would be nice if they just say hey we plan one raid wing a year as that’s the best we can do with resources we have.

@zealex.9410 said:Apparently Deepstone was small in development scope and the next fractal is already deep in development. The raid is also practically done and all thats left is stuff like vo.

Yet its heavily implied that the raid will release with the next lw update which is most likely going to be September (unless there is another delay to ensure quality...)

The fractals will continue to be released every 2 lw updates which looking at Deepstone can be up to 7 months.

Deepstone had no cm or anything of that sort and is prob one of the easier and shorter fractal yet it rivals shattered as one of the fractals that took the longest to come out.

And all that because for some reason releasing all the content in bulk is considered a good idea at Anet.

Theres been alot of players that complained about this aproach to content delivery and i believe they are right.

Spacing out content wont hurt anyone and will keep the game fresh. Iirc MO was all about shipping content when its ready, i guess he meant shipping content when LW is ready.

Have to remember that the LW brings people back into game and is a source of income for those who miss it and will have to pay later.

@"Tyson.5160" said:Yeah it looks like next raid will be released with next Living World episode, which means only one raid wing for 2018. It would be nice if they just say hey we plan one raid wing a year as that’s the best we can do with resources we have.

Exactly this, a bit more "generall info" what to expect for each niche aka not open world pve content, would be fair.

@sigur.9453 said:

@"Tyson.5160" said:Yeah it looks like next raid will be released with next Living World episode, which means only one raid wing for 2018. It would be nice if they just say hey we plan one raid wing a year as that’s the best we can do with resources we have.

Exactly this, a bit more "generall info" what to expect for each niche aka not open world pve content, would be fair.

August or September release for ep 4 for new raid and possibly room for episode 5 in November with another new Fractal.

From the developer AMA:

I wish I could give you numbers on cadence, but I will say that the third raid wing for this season is already in early production.

Not only the next Wing is done, but the one after it is already in early production. It's good to know that this Season (LS4) will have -at least- 3 Wings. LS3 had only one Raid Wing, while LS4 will have at least THREE. Does it take longer month-wise? Yes it does, but in the end we'll get more Raid Wings in LS4 than in LS3 (triple the amount)

Wait for the end of the Season to see the results.

@zealex.9410 said:Apparently Deepstone was small in development scope and the next fractal is already deep in development. The raid is also practically done and all thats left is stuff like vo.

HM ... Your complain/suggestion is related with new content, released for free. What do you think about promised content, already paid and released in small droplets as an add-on for a LW episode? I mean the second generation Legendary weapons? Released without a legendary journey now - contrary to the promises deceiving a lot of players to buy HoT?So, I think ANet releases in a bulk pieces of content weak enough to not qualify as a serious work hoping to compensate by quantity what is lacking in quality.The only bulk delivery I agree with is the delivery of all the missing gen2. Legendary Weapons at once. With the promised Legendary Journey attached. The actual mindless gathering is not something to be connected with a Legendary Weapon.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

HM ... Your complain/suggestion is related with new content, released for free.

You bought it with PoF.

@Vinceman.4572 said:They can't even release proper LS maps any longer so I don't expect anything to become better - and instanced content still is played by a tiny minority.

Honestly at this point Anet makes a very unprofessional and missmanaged impression. They are restructuring their teams too often and have to replace employees often since their wages are not up to industry standard. And then they often hire people directly from university because they are the only people who will work for the low wages. You get what you pay for I guess.You can see the cracks everywhere. The API. Instanced group content. Open world maps. World bosses. Story instances. PvP. WvW. Class balance.

It feels like nothing is really on track and working properly for them anymore.

If it were possible to own Anet stock I would be selling it right now, since if they are telling the truth they do not even have a new game in the works to keep the company alive and going after GW2.

@Tyson.5160 said:

Have to remember that the LW brings people back into game and is a source of income for those who miss it and will have to pay later.

A raid and a fractal do equally good job in bringing back ppl or they would if they were advertised the same. They do make money from ppl that might buy later but honestly if you didnt bother logging in in 4 months i doubt you will come back and pay for it.

@Miellyn.6847 said:I don't think that will ever happen again looking back to the backlash they recieved during the start of HoT. People complete LS too quickly so they will just complain why fractals/raids get content while open world does not.

That makes no sense. Be it multiple individual releases or fewer bigger the ow content doesnt change. The start of hot also didnt come with lw lw started 9 months after, raids and fractals have nothing to do with that.

@maddoctor.2738 said:From the developer AMA:

I wish I could give you numbers on cadence, but I will say that the third raid wing
for this season
is already in early production.

Not only the next Wing is done, but the one after it is already in early production. It's good to know that this Season (LS4) will have -at least- 3 Wings. LS3 had only one Raid Wing, while LS4 will have at least THREE. Does it take longer month-wise? Yes it does, but in the end we'll get more Raid Wings in LS4 than in LS3 (triple the amount)

Wait for the end of the Season to see the results.

Go to my other thread to see responce. tldr compairing a season that started 2 months after the expac with a season that started 9 months inst fair. U also didnt include the quote where hes talking about the raid being released in september which is around 10 or so months since w5. And pls dont forget w1 to 3 when compairing total raids, w5 was obviously developed during se3 so during pof production.

@zealex.9410 said:

A raid and a fractal do equally good job in bringing back ppl or they would if they were advertised the same. They do make money from ppl that might buy later but honestly if you didnt bother logging in in 4 months i doubt you will come back and pay for it.

I’m thinking more like the players that leave and come back and buy for the seasons they miss, as income to Anet.

@zealex.9410 said:

@zealex.9410 said:A raid and a fractal do equally good job in bringing back ppl or they would if they were advertised the same.Depends on a person. Raids offer nothing for people that do not play them, and that's a majority of the game population.

True but depends on how big or small that minority is.

Does LW bring back more people to the game then raid content. If it is a minority, then yes.

@Tyson.5160 said:

@zealex.9410 said:A raid and a fractal do equally good job in bringing back ppl or they would if they were advertised the same.Depends on a person. Raids offer nothing for people that do not play them, and that's a majority of the game population.

Does LW bring back more people to the game then raid content. If it is a minority, then yes.

Does lw keep ppl in game for longer than a raid or a fractal cm did? I doubt that.

@zealex.9410 said:

Does lw keep ppl in game for longer than a raid or a fractal cm did? I doubt that.

Keeps me in the game. Keeps my guild and my friends in the game. Fractals and Raids don’t do that.

@Tyson.5160 said:

Keeps me in the game. Keeps my guild and my friends in the game. Fractals and Raids don’t do that.

They do for me my friends and a big number of ppl that i know who make content and advertise this game.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

HM ... Your complain/suggestion is related with new content, released for free. What do you think about promised content, already paid and released in small droplets as an add-on for a LW episode? I mean the second generation Legendary weapons? Released without a legendary journey now - contrary to the promises deceiving a lot of players to buy HoT?So, I think ANet releases in a bulk pieces of content weak enough to not qualify as a serious work hoping to compensate by quantity what is lacking in quality.The only bulk delivery I agree with is the delivery of
all the missing gen2. Legendary Weapons
at once. With the promised Legendary Journey attached. The actual mindless gathering is not something to be connected with a Legendary Weapon.

Just a reminder, the devs said that this would have taken YEARS to complete, yeah that’s right, years.

@zealex.9410 said:

They do for me my friends and a big number of ppl that i know who make content and advertise this game.

Sorry, I’m failing to see your point here. Are you saying that Raids and Fractals bring more people back into then LW?

Archived