Any Shattered Aegis bois in the hoise.

Caysadia.7405

Anet's done a pretty good job of overhauling useless or outdated grandmasters lately, and with the next balance patch coming up soon I wanted to draw attention to my favorite dark horse of zeal, shattered aegis. With the introduction of courageous return into valor, and the removal of aegis from courage tome 1, ive found it harder to use shatt aegis nowadays. The damage is low compared to the huge deeps everything puts out nowadays, and I miss that old feeling of surprise bursting with aegis procs. I hope anet looks into it with the next p a t c h.

Tried that once, was not impressed.

Anet will never punish players who wants to spam mindless, wich is what shatter aegis would result in.They even nerfed reataliation cause alot of players were blaming retal was hurting to much, those players that dint want to see what buffs the targets had....QQ 'ed and Anet did it.

Back in the HoT days i used to run a Support shout DH with Shattered Aegis/Wrathful Spirit/Pure of heart. It worked decently since dropping aegis everywhere in teamfights was pretty easy to do. Teammates that fought with me had retal and did damage around them when they were attacked with aegis I gave, not including also healing for 1.2k per aegis that was broken. Tempests that Overloaded into teamfights most of the time ate a ton of retal damage and set off SA.

The trait by itself bursts really hard on a teamfight when applying mass aegis with skills like shield 4. However, the fact that it's in the Zeal trait line makes it bad as I would never drop valor or virtues for it. This means you have to drop radiance, which in turn reduces your damage.

@Aeolus.3615 said:Tried that once, was not impressed.

Anet will never punish players who wants to spam mindless, wich is what shatter aegis would result in.They even nerfed reataliation cause alot of players were blaming retal was hurting to much, those players that dint want to see what buffs the targets had....QQ 'ed and Anet did it.

Was that before they fixed the max cap on communal defenses, and were you only looking at PvP? Despite that situation being a bug, they really should had cultivated this concept into a working synergy for the Guardian.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@Aeolus.3615 said:Tried that once, was not impressed.

Was that before they fixed the max cap on communal defenses, and were you only looking at PvP? Despite that situation being a bug, they really should had cultivated this concept into a working synergy for the Guardian.

God using Communal with Shattered during Teq burn phase (with a poison field on the ground to pop it) was amazing. Did upwards of 500k when the whole zerg got it. Sadly they nerfed that fun.

@Azoqu.8917 said:

@"Aeolus.3615" said:Tried that once, was not impressed.

God using Communal with Shattered during Teq burn phase (with a poison field on the ground to pop it) was amazing. Did upwards of 500k when the whole zerg got it. Sadly they nerfed that fun.

If it is broken aint fun.... :disappointed:sadly more way "broken" stuff have been alowed in game than the old rataliation.

Archived