Jeweler: The Lost Crafting Discipline

Oglaf.1074

@Endless Soul.5178 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:Well that kitten. Literally the only reason I ever bring my Jeweler out is if I need Platinum Ingots.

I don't even use Jeweler for that. I got to Weaponsmith and mass produce Platinum Ingots as needed. THAT'S how useless Jeweler is right now.

See that's the crux of it - you cannot make Platinum Ingots as Weaponsmith. ;)

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:Well that kitten. Literally the only reason I ever bring my Jeweler out is if I need Platinum Ingots.

I don't even use Jeweler for that. I got to Weaponsmith and mass produce Platinum Ingots as needed. THAT'S how useless Jeweler is right now.

Are you sure? I could swear I make Platinum Ingots when I make Deldrimor Steel Ingots at the weaponsmith station. Am I misremembering?

@Endless Soul.5178 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

Are you sure? I could swear I make Platinum Ingots when I make Deldrimor Steel Ingots at the weaponsmith station. Am I misremembering?

Deldrimor Steel Ingots use Darksteel ingots. While Platinum is needed to make those, it's a different item.

@Endless Soul.5178 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

You're not, you can make them as a 400 weaponsmith I'm pretty sure.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:

Deldrimor Steel Ingots use Darksteel ingots. While Platinum is needed to make those, it's a different item.

~foreheadsmack~

Gah! You're right! I really was misremembering.

I don't understand why jeweler was left out of the ascended crafting in the first place. Cooking makes sense. There aren't any ascended cooking recipes. There are ascended trinkets. Does anyone know what the logic behind this was in the first place? I really don't understand. There are multiple ways to acquire all the other ascended items. What is the problem with having a way to craft trinkets?

@Cleopatra.4068 said:I don't understand why jeweler was left out of the ascended crafting in the first place. Cooking makes sense. There aren't any ascended cooking recipes. There are ascended trinkets. Does anyone know what the logic behind this was in the first place? I really don't understand. There are multiple ways to acquire all the other ascended items. What is the problem with having a way to craft trinkets?

Probably because you can get extremely cheap ascended accessories of any stat from karma/laurel vendors, thus making it obsolete trying to force people into crafting them, having to spend hundreds of gold on something that is obtainable almost for free in comparison.

People seem always to forget, that Jewler 500 could be so much more, than just only stupid craftign of just only Ascended Accessoires..Anet can even keep their silly reward designs with letting Ascended Accessoires be their kind of Meta Achievement Rewards.. however, personalyl I think its time, that anet should give this game in regard of Meta Achievements finalyl some real rewards in form of unique looking Ascended ARMOR PIECES, because that would actually help players out to gear their toons without drowning too much in way too absurd high gold costs..

You can currently even barely equip 1 single character in full Ascendec gears, without being totally poor after that streatch goal as a non TP flipper with like tens of thousands of gold on your bank. Ascended Crafting finalyl needs to become cheaper - this iditoic time gating has to go finally, then would normalize the prices of ascneded gear again, because peopel could then produce faster the masterials to increadse the offer of materials, so that prices for these items will normalize themself through the market competition again.. currently making an asscended full armor set costs basicalyl as much as like precursors for legendary weapons - THIS IS ABSURD..Makign a full ascended armor set of ANY armor type should not cost more than maximum say 200-250 Gold.Gearing all your Characters into Ascended should be affordable, which it cureently is not at all , cause the stuff is all way too expensive.

However back to accessoires and jewler, got offtopic, cause the whole ascended game design how it is atm just ***** me off, cause its so counterproductive for multi character playing. Time Gating had more than enough years by now, to ensure, that ascended stuff can become valuable enough for players. Its time to remove it.

Jeweler 500 can do alot for GW2 to iomprove the game:

• Implementation Ascended Sigils and Runes via Jeweler 500 as accountbound unlockable Upgrades, which you need to have, if Build Templates should ever become a successful implementation for GW2, then you need to have a gameplay system in the game, which allows you to quickly swap out also your Upgrade Effects that you need to have ready as an accountbound element. As long Upgrades are characterbound, will Build Templates never functionate in GW2 in a comfortable way.
  • Implementation of Skill Skins via Jeweler 500 that lets you craft consumeable "Power Stones" to unlock new Skill Skins for your various Weapon and Utility Skills
  • Implementation of Crafting Recipes for Legendary Rings and Earrings which require Precursor to craft for which you need then Jeweler 500 to make them
  • Implementation of new Gemstones to craft as new Crafting Materials requiring various of the many new materials we've got by now in the Game as Filler Recipes for the Ranks like 400-425, 425-450, 450-475 and 475-500
  • Implementation of Diamond Politure, a special Item crafted by Jeweler 500, which when used onto your Gear, makes the Item you used it on permanently "Unbreakable", so that getting defeated can't damage that item anymore.
  • Implementation of a new 3rd Buff Item Type aside of Food/Potions > Politures which can grant you unique offensive Enemy based Buffs vs spefic foe/monster types. Think of like Witcher 3 Sword Oils, we in GW2 would use Politures made out of Gemstones and other materials that are helpful for that.
  • Implementation of new Crafting Recipes that require Jeweler 500 for some Player Housing relevant content maybe in the future for all kinds of furniture, decorations ect.

and so on.. if you really just WANT, then there is also easily a way to make Jeweler 500 a great and unique thing for GW2, which makes then also finalyl usage of all of its potential it has!! The sad point is only - Anet doesn#t want, they have yet whyever no plans nor any intentions to actually make Jeweler 500 a great thing for this game, which makes usage of all of its potential it could have and that is very very sad, that anet didn#t even have as it seems the vision for this Crafting Profession to see, what is kind of possible all with a Crafting Job like this in the future of GW2...

Archived