Power Reaper = 30k? [Falsified - Had Dread on by accident -_-]

Methuselah.4376

Y8csZhd.png

EDIT: Sincere apologies, it turns out that I had Dread on for some reason. I always use Awaken the Pain so I don't know how I had Dread on. Apologies.

So here's the story. Normally I do cheat buffs (all boons and profession buffs) and I usually barely manage to reach the set benchmark. With realistic buffs, I am now still getting 27k but with unrealistic buffs I managed 30k. I normally never got past 27k on power Reapear even with unrealistic buffs. So maybe more skilled players than I can actually reach that 30k dps with realistic buffs.This is my build (do note that I only have 1 power infusion) http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBhQDbkhGasxWawmGYvxSugBFAaArg4qYXcMSVGWDNLA-jxAXgA9q/8oEEY/R5HA-e

Basically all GS skills above 50%, swap to dagger/warhorn set up, you use dagger 2 and 5 (would have squeezed more damage on 2 if I remembered that it does more when you are bleeding so include 3) and switching to shroud 5+4 and then auto until weapon swap is ready, out of shroud, 3,2, 5, swap, and gs skills again. Wells you use off CD.

So could the top power reapers figure out a rotation that could get us to 30k?

P.S. As I have been training a lot on Weaver, I automatically did large hitbox. I know this shouldn't affect reaper's scores, but thought I'd mention it just in case.

A point of clarity for future tests: Life Siphon (dagger 2) does more damage if your target is bleeding. The self bleed only effects the healing from it.Also, dhuumfire would be better, since your crit chance will be overcapped even without Death Perception.

Not bad! If you want more damage it's easy:

1. Slot dhuumfire. Death Perception does nothing for you here. Decimate defenses + berserker's gear precision already overcap 100% crit chance.
  2. i dunno about well of suffering, but i think shadow fiend will do better damage then well of corruption.
  3. focus does way more damage then warhorn.

I'm only at experimental stages, am not good with rotations. What i can can tell though is this - dagger has better sustained dps then axe, but axe has better burst. So maybe do it that way:

Equip axe/focus - both work well with spite's minor trait (cooldown and 5% more damage vs boonless foes). Use your shroud when switching to axe/focus set. First use axe #2, you can also use reaper's scythe, then go shroud and blow your load. Once done use axe #2 again (should be off cd) and go to greatsword for it's rotation.

After small experimenting on my side it seems that in terms of dps:

Shroud auto > gs auto > dagger auto + life siphon > axe auto + ghastly claws.

Replacing axe with shroud while keeping ghastly claws casts going should be good dps.

Also stupid but obvious - double check your foods, gear (stats on each piece), traits, self buffs from training arena console, and lastly if your golem has 25 vulni stacks set.

Snowcrows managed 27.8k

Assuming Subli is right that Vamp Presence adds about 1.2k dps to group, that'll put Power reaper around 29k overall. Also, in Subli's recent benchmark where he hit 27.6k, in the comment section he talks about trying Soul Reaping, and only managing to get a little under 27.5, so Blood Magic still seems to be above Soul Reaping for damage.

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:I'm only at experimental stages, am not good with rotations. What i can can tell though is this - dagger has better sustained dps then axe, but axe has better burst. So maybe do it that way:

Equip axe/focus - both work well with spite's minor trait (cooldown and 5% more damage vs boonless foes). Use your shroud when switching to axe/focus set. First use axe #2, you can also use reaper's scythe, then go shroud and blow your load. Once done use axe #2 again (should be off cd) and go to greatsword for it's rotation.

After small experimenting on my side it seems that in terms of dps:

Shroud auto > gs auto > dagger auto + life siphon > axe auto + ghastly claws.

Replacing axe with shroud while keeping ghastly claws casts going should be good dps.

Also stupid but obvious - double check your foods, gear (stats on each piece), traits, self buffs from training arena console, and lastly if your golem has 25 vulni stacks set.

Well I never auto with axe. Only thing i miss is the 70 ferocity from food, cauz i'm using the one with 100 power and 70 vit cauz it cost less. For the rest i've everything you said. Only thing I miss is the power infusions on all gear.My rotation is: open focus 5(to have the bonus dmg from chilled foes),4, axe2, shroud 5, 4, 3 cicle of auto, focus 4, axe2, gs 5,4,3(till you're over 50%, then replace 3 with gravedigger), when gs 4 is finished well of suffering to have the dark field, auto till weap swap, repeat from focus 4 at start.When enemy under 50% everything the same except auto attack gs is replaced with gravedigger.I don't know if the rotation is optimal, if anyone can give more feedback I'll be glad to hear it.

@"Eltiana.9420" said:Snowcrows managed 27.8k

Assuming Subli is right that Vamp Presence adds about 1.2k dps to group, that'll put Power reaper around 29k overall. Also, in Subli's recent benchmark where he hit 27.6k, in the comment section he talks about trying Soul Reaping, and only managing to get a little under 27.5, so Blood Magic still seems to be above Soul Reaping for damage.

Well with chill already on target you can modify rotation, I've to try that I only place 25% vuln stacks on target because i think it's more realistic than perma chill.Also maybe swapping soul reaping with bloodmagic could up the dmg further. Considering dhuumfire is only used when shroud auto =/

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@"Ojimaru.8970" said:

You're setting a target using unrealistic buffs, which for the most part, is pointless.

Can't help but think Dread may have been used too.

Sure, let's ask warriors to slot "fear me!" and rangers to take the wolf. Well in an unrealistic benchmark, since fear is constant on the golem, it might work.

I've only ever managed 33k with dhuumfire on too, that being at start of encounter, then I couldnt keep it upEdit : nvm I manged 35k with awaken the pain and dhuumfire :D allthough the rest is less due to me not knowing at all the rotation...2nd edit: I have no clue as to how to post screenshots...

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"Ojimaru.8970" said:

You're setting a target using unrealistic buffs, which for the most part, is pointless.

Can't help but think Dread may have been used too.

Sure, let's ask warriors to slot "fear me!" and rangers to take the wolf. Well in an unrealistic benchmark, since fear is constant on the golem, it might work.

As it turns out, I did have Dread on :/ So disappointing. I don't know why I had it on, I always use Awaken the Pain

@killfil.3472 said:I've only ever managed 33k with dhuumfire on too, that being at start of encounter, then I couldnt keep it upEdit : nvm I manged 35k with awaken the pain and dhuumfire :D allthough the rest is less due to me not knowing at all the rotation...2nd edit: I have no clue as to how to post screenshots...

Nice! You need to post the screenshot on Imgur and then post the direct link here.

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:Not bad! If you want more damage it's easy:

1. Slot dhuumfire. Death Perception does nothing for you here. Decimate defenses + berserker's gear precision already overcap 100% crit chance.
  2. i dunno about well of suffering, but i think shadow fiend will do better damage then well of corruption.
  3. focus does way more damage then warhorn.

Focus does only more dmg on golem as it can bounce only between you and the golem.As soon as you add teammembers focus falls off, because it can also bounce between allies and therefore do not dmg

I'm maxing at about 22k for axe/wh and dagger/focus22.6k for axe/wh and gs

This is with spite/blood/reaper and blood fiend, shadow fiend, signet of spite, well of suffering and flesh golem. It's just lackluster damage all around.

I'd venture to say axe/wh and dagger/focus are straight up better because of the tiny range on gravedigger, it's easy to miss one on a moving target which puts it on cooldown of course. The utility available from dropping gs for dagger/focus feels better imo. THE DAMAGE IS STILL GARBAGE EITHER WAY. ugh. ;(

@Sinful.2165 said:I'm maxing at about 22k for axe/wh and dagger/focus22.6k for axe/wh and gs

This is with spite/blood/reaper and blood fiend, shadow fiend, signet of spite, well of suffering and flesh golem. It's just lackluster damage all around.

I'd venture to say axe/wh and dagger/focus are straight up better because of the tiny range on gravedigger, it's easy to miss one on a moving target which puts it on cooldown of course. The utility available from dropping gs for dagger/focus feels better imo. THE DAMAGE IS STILL GARBAGE EITHER WAY. ugh. ;(

Auto from GS does more DPS than dagger or axe whole kit

• 4 weeks later...

Swap soul reaping to blood magic. 131 iirc but idk im on my phone atm

Swap dagger to axe

Wh/dagger offhand is fine. Pick one

I finish auto chains i start in gs/shroud before swapping or using another skill

When swapping to axe(or dagger) use 2 then warhorn 5 and swap into shroud

Shroud- hit 34 (3 for stab if you need it) when 4 is done start auto attacking.

When you see that your weapons swap is off cooldown finish shroud auto chain then leave shroud

On exit of shroud use axe(dagger) 2 swap to gs

In gs use 3 before 4 to stop after cast

When target lower than 50% just spam 2 and 45 off cd.

If 2 goes on cooldown pop shroud and use 4

Archived