Anet this is a message to you

feanor.4605

Please fix renegade, please read these people's cries..... please for the love of god make this class viable for things... people are gonna end up leaving, some people like myself don't multi class and love the idea of REVENANT and it's why we play the game so please fix this class ALL AROUND start with renegade and start by reading these people's cries... I'm gonna say this one more time please read these people that take there time to post to you guys on how to fix this class

@Ghostt.1293 said:

@maxinox.6283 said:Currently scourge is in good position. Wait the firebrand nerf and you will see scourge top position, I did a full raid clear yesterday night as a scourge and I was very happy with the result

that will never happen

Thanks for your informations fellow Anet Dev.

It's absolutely disgusting that they can give us this and be ok with it. I'm currently running Herald for all of path of fire because Renegade is a joke. Like if it wasn't for holosmith I would have been so mad I bought this expansion as a rev main.I get it gives some extra condis....wooo...seriously thats it.The utilities/f abilities are so bad that I swear they arent even working. Then there's shortbow.......what is this non sense?? it doesn't actually function.Can we just buff Herald/shiro so power option is........an option?Stop forcing this weak condi stuff or atleast make it op like the rest.

I hate being that guy that complains but you should be ashamed that this was allowed

It was probably tested against a gigantic sponge golem and balanced as a result of the data obtained during those tests. There's no way they got high level pvp/wvw playing people to test it... But the fact that kalla legends are killable alone means that very little REAL wvw testing happened. I don't understand this at all, I am otherwise very happy with the expansion and the balance of my other 2 "mains" (soulbeast and scourge) although scourge is a bit too strong atm in wvw/pvp, but then rev is really a big letdown except for the animations and the flavor (those are nice imo., but of course it's subjective). I sincerely hope they take another look at rev through the lens of a highly skilled wvw/pvp player to adjust some abilities.

In general I actual like the renegade and would probably say it is my favourite gen 2 elite spec...... BUT there are some issues.The short bow skills look amazing and want to use it but it's just the damage is to low for the cast times/energy cost. Do you even want people to use it in raids as right now people will just stick with mace/axe.Also energy Energy ENERGY the spirits are nice tho there energy cost is abit high and icerazor should get some sort of chill/ice combo field so that we can proc Abyssal chill otherwise why is that even on rev we have hardly any chill skills???And don't get me started on the F skills energy cost, especially a awesome looking skill like citadel bombardment which no one will use because of the evergy cost.

Yea, I hit F3 at start of fight and then have to go AA since no energy! This is really, really, really, really....no, really BROKEN folks. I wanted Renegade to shine but now I have to go play FB....really?

Oh, and to the OP, post this on reddit as well since it seems to be "the place" the Devs look at now, like your own forums wasn't good enough?

icerazor should have him hit 10 times so 10 torment and then 10 chill would make it so much nicer and definitely more comfort. I honestly feel like the f skills should actually be 0 energy just like heralds F or at LEAST AT MAX 5 energy it's hard to work with kalla when there is SO much energy involved :( ughh

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:lmao Renegade is literally stronger than every version of Herald and it puts out over 35k dps. The class is not weak by any means nor does it need any outright buffs. Just a few quality of life fixes like stab on summons and some other bug fixes or slight changes to skills.

Perhaps you might enlighten us to the proper playing then? I cant imagine you have much use of shortbow beside when theres no melee possibility at all.

Once again, Raids are not the only gamemode that matters for game balance.

In WvW, Renegade utilities are literally useless in situations where there are more than 5 enemies. The warband members either get cc'ed and never imediately start channeling their abilities or they take damage and die. Almost always it's a combination of the two. I've found that the warband skills are good when there are only 1-3 or so enemies so that the npcs actually have a chance to channel their ability.

Citadel Bombardment (F3) has horrible scaling. Shortbow conditions don't last nearly as long as they should and have poor power scaling. Soulcleave values were butchered and a -9 upkeep is simply not worth it, considering Soulcleave has to channel her ability too.

Renegade does have some good to it though. -33% Condi Damage through the gm trait, (somewhat) inexpensive Alacrity on a short cooldown. I just wish Alacrity did more for Revenant. You know, be a source of energy management.

@Napo.1230 said:It's absolutely disgusting that they can give us this and be ok with it. I'm currently running Herald for all of path of fire because Renegade is a joke. Like if it wasn't for holosmith I would have been so mad I bought this expansion as a rev main.I get it gives some extra condis....wooo...seriously thats it.The utilities/f abilities are so bad that I swear they arent even working. Then there's shortbow.......what is this non sense?? it doesn't actually function.Can we just buff Herald/shiro so power option is........an option?Stop forcing this weak condi stuff or atleast make it op like the rest.

I hate being that guy that complains but you should be ashamed that this was allowed

Lmao, I'm running power renegade and it's doing better than my power herald .I used herald for first 2 maps to unlock the renegade full trait then move on to renegades for the rest of the maps.

People are just not used the class, donnu what to run and claim is a spec is bad cuz they're running bad builds or not utilizing the class.That Kella stun aoe is by far one of the best breakbar skill in pve.Enemies inside the range literally can't do anything and die.

The boons Kella provides is the same as glint too, 25 stacks of might, fury, protection and so on, and it's actually a dps increase over glint in every way because of Kella buff, 100% crit rate, better healing skill in pve, and f3 bomberment doing alot of damage.

PS: Just because the profession weapon is bad doesn't mean the spec is bad.

I'm just gonna give you guys build so you guys may stop crying it's not viable.I'm running full zerk btw.

24ORqUg.jpg

From PvP/WvW perspective, at first I was so excited to try out the new Renegade spec. I went straight into heart of the mists and then wvw to try out the new builds. However after I roamed for a couple of days I realized that neither shortbow is good (both pve/pvp), nor the so called "elite" legend provides anything worth slotting it for either wvw or spvp. It's slow, easily interruptable, vulnerable and shows how Glint dependent and clunky the class is. I am simply disappointed with it, everyone I asked about it so far had the same feeling too. :(

Seriously, this new elite spec solved zero problems it had in prior to Path of Fire.1) No viable condi weapon. (Shortbow is clumsy and is not worthy for elite spec weapon)2) No reliable condi cleanse. Instead, we got some healing ability that forced us to stay at one spot and ENDURE conditions.3) Dragon Herald elite spec dependability.

Meanwhile, those new cheesy specs run around just fine (not) with bunch of escapes, high protection uptime, bunch of blinds, safestomps and cheep stability.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:lmao Renegade is literally stronger than every version of Herald and it puts out over 35k dps. The class is not weak by any means nor does it need any outright buffs. Just a few quality of life fixes like stab on summons and some other bug fixes or slight changes to skills.

Seriously stop using a test dummy that doesn't do anything with max buffs to proof that something is viable. Sure you can proof the DPS at it's peak performance but it's no where good in a real time scenerio.

Thanks for info for everyone knows...

No one has issue with the raid damage potential of renegade.. we already know it is an upgrade to using herald in raid scenario. However what you missed is:

• You are using the same weapon set as (mace/ace). It is exactly the same game play as before.
  • Instead jails spamming hammers, we are using renegade and spamming Soul cleave. How exciting.
  • SB, utilities and traits lack sustainability, condi removal, mobility, blocks and evades. It is basically obsolete in any PvP format.
  • SB damage is on the low side and it is the exact opposite of smooth.
  • The f skills are weak and compete with weapon skills and utilities on the same resource; energy, driving them to near obsecurity.
  • Utilities are cceable and can be destroyed. So good in PvP.

This is why renegade sucks. No one gives a kitten that it deals 3-4% in a raid. That is not what a new elite is supposed to provide...

@Aomine.5012 said:

@Napo.1230 said:It's absolutely disgusting that they can give us this and be ok with it. I'm currently running Herald for all of path of fire because Renegade is a joke. Like if it wasn't for holosmith I would have been so mad I bought this expansion as a rev main.I get it gives some extra condis....wooo...seriously thats it.The utilities/f abilities are so bad that I swear they arent even working. Then there's shortbow.......what is this non sense?? it doesn't actually function.Can we just buff Herald/shiro so power option is........an option?Stop forcing this weak condi stuff or atleast make it op like the rest.

Lmao, I'm running power renegade and it's doing better than my power herald .I used herald for first 2 maps to unlock the renegade full trait then move on to renegades for the rest of the maps.

People are just not used the class, donnu what to run and claim is a spec is bad cuz they're running bad builds or not utilizing the class.That Kella stun aoe is by far one of the best breakbar skill in pve.Enemies inside the range literally can't do anything and die.

The boons Kella provides is the same as glint too, 25 stacks of might, fury, protection and so on, and it's actually a dps increase over glint in every way because of Kella buff, 100% crit rate, better healing skill in pve, and f3 bomberment doing alot of damage.

PS: Just because the profession weapon is bad doesn't mean the spec is bad.

I'm just gonna give you guys build so you guys may stop crying it's not viable.I'm running full zerk btw.

24ORqUg.jpg

Lmao? Really well that's pretty sad that you are happy with it.

First of all your on about a pve which is a terrible example of what's viable since I don't even need to legend swap or do anything but auto.A dps increase over Herald of a few % is nothing to be happy about and it sets the bar pretty low for expectations. You actually mention it provides the same stuff as Herald but what is it Improving? 100% crit rate? This isn't new rolling mists says hi. Except a few minor tweaks and some visual effects it's paper thin. If your happy with that that's perfectly ok. However I have not met a rev main who is ok with this and most in my raid guild and wvw guild either don't play rev or are still on pre pof builds.

Second from a pvp wvw perspective it's abysmal, still nothing to help with the condi spam. Thanks for the condi "endure", No need to even structure an argument at this the shortbow is just extra salt in the wound.

Finally "crying" as you put it is not actually occurring, not even close like I said I'm playing Herald still as my main and if I want to go condi I can play one of the faaaaaaarrr better condi classes.

honestly, after playing about 4 or 5 different classes, Revenant has been the one class where I literally cannot win a match due to how little of an impact I make. Maybe I really suck with the class, but I've probably spent the second longest time in trying to make this class work when I got the concept of warriors or guardians, or even rangers quite easily. For Revenant, I have completely no idea what this class is supposed to do. I tried condi build but it seems like a huge joke when scourge exists and I don't see how people can live through heavy burst on condi Rev. I tried power build and the thief or warrior on the other team laughs at me for even attempting to output damage to them, and ironically I could die in one combo from them. I tried support, and then I realized I'm not supporting shit because my abilities are very restraint to actual coordination with my team to actually matter(?). I am literally at an loss for this class; what the hell is the revenant role? How do you pvp with this class??

@Lan.1968 said:honestly, after playing about 4 or 5 different classes, Revenant has been the one class where I literally cannot win a match due to how little of an impact I make. Maybe I really suck with the class, but I've probably spent the second longest time in trying to make this class work when I got the concept of warriors or guardians, or even rangers quite easily. For Revenant, I have completely no idea what this class is supposed to do. I tried condi build but it seems like a huge joke when scourge exists and I don't see how people can live through heavy burst on condi Rev. I tried power build and the thief or warrior on the other team laughs at me for even attempting to output damage to them, and ironically I could die in one combo from them. I tried support, and then I realized I'm not supporting kitten because my abilities are very restraint to actual coordination with my team to actually matter(?). I am literally at an loss for this class; what the hell is the revenant role? How do you pvp with this class??

With power I usually do DPS with focus on CC. Try to fight in a group.

@orisci.6527 said:

@Lan.1968 said:honestly, after playing about 4 or 5 different classes, Revenant has been the one class where I literally cannot win a match due to how little of an impact I make. Maybe I really suck with the class, but I've probably spent the second longest time in trying to make this class work when I got the concept of warriors or guardians, or even rangers quite easily. For Revenant, I have completely no idea what this class is supposed to do. I tried condi build but it seems like a huge joke when scourge exists and I don't see how people can live through heavy burst on condi Rev. I tried power build and the thief or warrior on the other team laughs at me for even attempting to output damage to them, and ironically I could die in one combo from them. I tried support, and then I realized I'm not supporting kitten because my abilities are very restraint to actual coordination with my team to actually matter(?). I am literally at an loss for this class; what the hell is the revenant role? How do you pvp with this class??

With power I usually do DPS with focus on CC. Try to fight in a group.

do you have a build for power Revenant?? I find it extremely difficult to lock people down as well, and this is probably due to the fact that I lack CC.

Archived