Holosmith vs Weaver Epic Fights !!! | Both builds in Description ;)

Lacko.6572

Random dodges in the first two minutes:

1. 0:15
  2. 0:20
  3. 0:26
  4. 0:27
  5. 0:40
  6. 0:45
  7. 0:48
  8. 1:14
  9. 1:17
  10. 1:22
  11. 1:27
  12. 1:40
  13. 1:45
  14. 1:54

Not counting the ele ones here cause i am too lazy. GW2 nowadays in a nutshell. Spam dodges and press ur skillbar. Be the lucky one or play a more broken spec. Funny sometimes both dodge simultaniously, wonder what they want to evade. Back in the days you had to combo meaningful skills, apply conditions at the right time and count dodges to set up ur attacks. No need to know any priority of converts or apply the most damaging conditions first preventing them from beeing removed quickly. Most of the specs are loaded with cleanses, cc, heal, conditionoutput, dodgeframes and invulns/blocks. Too much spam, too rewarding, too forgiving. High tier indeed.

@ChartFish.1308 said:Say what you wish about the skill levels, my only gripe is that it takes 5 minutes to reach the end of the first duel. I wouldn't call that 'epic'.

I wouldn't call fights that end in 5 seconds 'epic' either though. 5 mins is a long time to dance around, but it shows that they're pretty evenly matched (even if one is playing much worse than the other, sadly). There is a sweet spot for the most enjoyable to watch amount of time a duel takes, but they can't always be in that time frame.

@"brunoam.7391" said:

Maybe high tier Weaver vs. low tier holosmith? ?high level NA players LOL

I've seen some pretty terrible EU players claiming to be "high tier" as well, though. Maybe it's just safe to assume that anyone self-advertising as "pro" or "high tier" is actually pretty bad lol.

@Malafaia.8903 said:Man, the salt is real. Even on forum... Competitive scene can't grow because of things like this.Thanks for the video, OP. Nice fight, cool to watch, and i'll try that weaver build. Really want to make weaver work and that amulet change looks promising ;)

I've been playing a lot with sage too. It is really situational, more damage, but a lot less survivability because you lose vigor from arcane.

Give it a try though!

And I do agree with the rest too. :wink:

@"Malafaia.8903" said:Man, the salt is real. Even on forum... Competitive scene can't grow because of things like this.Thanks for the video, OP. Nice fight, cool to watch, and i'll try that weaver build. Really want to make weaver work and that amulet change looks promising ;)

Competitive scene cant grow because a huge majority of players aren't competent enough and you cant become competent if you cant take some criticism of your "high-tier" gameplay.

@steki.1478 said:

@"Malafaia.8903" said:Man, the salt is real. Even on forum... Competitive scene can't grow because of things like this.Thanks for the video, OP. Nice fight, cool to watch, and i'll try that weaver build. Really want to make weaver work and that amulet change looks promising ;)

Competitive scene cant grow because a huge majority of players aren't competent enough and you cant become competent if you cant take some criticism of your "high-tier" gameplay.

yeah but some of theres replys is just spitting on the OP rather than critics

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

exactly

@Megametzler.5729 said:

@Malafaia.8903 said:Man, the salt is real. Even on forum... Competitive scene can't grow because of things like this.Thanks for the video, OP. Nice fight, cool to watch, and i'll try that weaver build. Really want to make weaver work and that amulet change looks promising ;)

I've been playing a lot with sage too. It is really situational, more damage, but a lot less survivability because you lose vigor from arcane.

Give it a try though!

And I do agree with the rest too. :wink:

yeah, just played 4 matches and i'm enjoying WAY more than Mender's

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

Maybe it's related to self proclaimed top tier epic fights. From what I see they just disagree with his title, which makes a lot of sense.

@steki.1478 said:

Maybe it's related to self proclaimed
top tier epic fights
. From what I see they just disagree with his title, which makes a lot of sense.

Pretty much this. If the title was just "Random holosmith vs Weaver duel" or just "Holosmith vs Weaver duel" then it would only be people pointing out the numerous places where mistakes were made and offering advice on how it could be improved. The title hints that the OP already thinks he's better than anyone else and doesn't feel like he needs advice or wants to improve, but rather wants an audience to stroke his ego. The replied come off as overly negative because they don't follow that ego-stroking narrative and are more focused on clarifying the reality of the situation.

@Kako.1930 said:

top tier epic fights
. From what I see they just disagree with his title, which makes a lot of sense.

Pretty much this. If the title was just "Random holosmith vs Weaver duel" or just "Holosmith vs Weaver duel" then it would only be people pointing out the numerous places where mistakes were made and offering advice on how it could be improved. The title hints that the OP already thinks he's better than anyone else and doesn't feel like he needs advice or wants to improve, but rather wants an audience to stroke his ego. The replied come off as overly negative because they don't follow that ego-stroking narrative and are more focused on clarifying the reality of the situation.

That's not the first time people post content and got bashed.It's not about the title...

@Malafaia.8903 said:

top tier epic fights

That's not the first time people post content and got bashed.It's not about the title...

No, it is about the title. For us at least. And we're two of the "meanies" who pointed out the OP isn't high-tier in any way, shape or form.

Edit: At least this time. Yes, I agree the community can be a bit harsh, but this isn't one of those situations lol.

@Malafaia.8903 said:

top tier epic fights

Nobody's bashing anything in this thread, just pointing out that the title is misleading, there were several unneeded dodges, and the ele played way better than the engi. It's like Megametzler said, sharing videos is fun to watch, just don't advertise it as "high tier" gameplay when it's not. Nobody likes to be misled.

Edit: I was looking for a word to describe this thread and the word is "clickbait." This thread is clickbait.

You want some mean words do ya? DO YA?

If the fight had been TOP TIER one or the other would have stood there and let the other kill them or they would have just left "the fight".

BTW what is high tier? Is there a word that should be between "high" and "tier"?

Or is there a specific range that the OP considers to be high? High enough to be boarded?

@Kako.1930 said:

top tier epic fights

Nobody's bashing anything in this thread, just pointing out that the title is misleading, there were several unneeded dodges, and the ele played way better than the engi. It's like Megametzler said, sharing videos is fun to watch, just don't advertise it as "high tier" gameplay when it's not. Nobody likes to be misled.

Edit: I was looking for a word to describe this thread and the word is "clickbait." This thread is clickbait.

Yeah, that word fits quite well. I have to admit, I was expecting something different too and therefore didn't watch the whole video. :lol:

But... you know, just stating something positive first and not immediately and only stating criticism... :tongue: That's normal in all (most? many?) internet communities though, so it's all good.

Archived