The rewarding in T4 Fractals and Challenge Modes

Michram.6853

Am I the only one that is upset about the rewards from the most advanced tier of the Fractals?

I remember not long time ago that I could drop at least one armor/weapon cache per day/per 2 days just doing T4 fractals.

I felt I was rewarding for the long journey to reach 150 AR and 100 fractal level.

It was something so exciting to open the boxes and be pretty sure I would get something nice.

At some point it changed, getting ascended piece is rare in T4 box, also getting the mats- you only can get 1 deldrimor ingot or other ascended material.

You cant drop 5 from only one, only one- 5 gold worth.

Also AR drop is very rare- I used to do the t4 fractals every single day and the best AR I dropped was +10. Why is +11, 12 etc so rare? Or is it just my bad luck?

Challenge Modes- a small piece of the Fractal community do them, and they should be rewarding- making those who play them more special- 100% drop chance to get ascended weapon/armor piece at least, adding Amalgameted Gemstones to them or Mystic Coins and also T6 mats.

I stopped doing CMs- and I am doing them occiasionally now, because I never felt I was properly rewarded- there are 3 hard bosses with new mechanics, plus there are instabilities and hardest walkthrough- even harder than in T4- and then you get some crappy items for Season 1 backpiece- this octupus-y looking backpack, and in the Observatory you get 1KP per day worth 50 silver, that you cannot even sell because some CM groups require 100-150 of them- 50-75 gold.

If you sell them you cant get to the best teams.

I dont know how you, but I am not happy about the rewards. I guess to each their own, right?

Fractal rewards are already the TOP from any content currently available. You're suggestions are just broken.CMs are done in 20-30min, that would give us 2 free ascended pieces for 20-30min of work. Goldwise, a CM fractal also brings around 5-10g value (can be even more, depends on mystic coin drops).Ascended chests also aint rare if you do fractals daily. Most of us are stacked with them, having no idea what to do with them.

Also AR drop is very rare- I used to do the t4 fractals every single day and the best AR I dropped was +10. Why is +11, 12 etc so rare? Or is it just my bad luck?+9 is the best that can drop, afaik.and in the Observatory you get 1KP per day worth 50 silverYou get 1-3, so on average 2 per day. The second boss also has a chance to drop 1-3, but its not common.

Fractal rewards are fine, or should i say perfect, even broken. Some farms in fractals (not gonna point them out) even needs nerfs imo, since its soo broken goldwise.

I think the fractal rewards are fine. You get 30g in 40-60 minutes. Thats a really good play/reward ratio.I cant say much about the Ascended Droprate. I dont play fractals actively anymore and even if something ascended was to drop, i couldnt care less. My bank is full of ascended armor and weapons that its gotten to a point where i salvage my raid drops.

You also have a decent chance of getting Mystic Coins after every bossfight in 99 and 100 CM.

If you have evidence that there's any noticeable change in the drop rate of ascended gear from fractals, you should present it.

Besides that, I don't think you've correctly identified the current or past rewards. It's also your choice to decide you want to hold on to 50 gold worth of some item because some groups think that it proves competency.

@"Etheri.5406" said:Why is there no "nerf fractal rewards" option?

Clearly considering how EASY T4 fractals are, the rewards are way too good compared to other aspects of the game. Anet please fix this by nerfing the crap out of it.

Since you can do it once a day compared to all day every time its up with everything else the rewards are fine.

@Linken.6345 said:

Clearly considering how EASY T4 fractals are, the rewards are way too good compared to other aspects of the game. Anet please fix this by nerfing the crap out of it.

Since you can do it once a day compared to all day every time its up with everything else the rewards are fine.

By that logic, the capped rewards in WvW should be good because you can only do them for a limited time throughout the week.

Oh wait no they're still awful.

By that logic the rewards in istan and sw should be lower because it can be farmed pretty much all day. Oh wait nope we're not doing consistency.

@Arden.7480 said:Am I the only one that is upset about the rewards from the most advanced tier of the Fractals?

I remember not long time ago that I could drop at least one armor/weapon cache per day/per 2 days just doing T4 fractals.

I felt I was rewarding for the long journey to reach 150 AR and 100 fractal level.

I'm sorry to say, 1 chest per day was never normal. That was either your subjective perception deceiving you or you got lucky for an extended amount of time. Just as you might be seeing an unlucky streak right now.

The drop rate was always around 1 chest per week on average, no matter which system of fractals was in place. If at all, the drop rate was increased versus old iterations of the fractal system.

The gold reward for normal T4s is between 10-20 liquid gold and around 5-10 gold in materials. That is more than fair for the average time required to clear the content and very decent gold per hour for fast runs. CMs just pile on to that if run decently.

@Cyninja.2954 said:The gold reward for normal T4s is between 10-20 liquid gold and around 5-10 gold in materials. That is more than fair for the average time required to clear the content and very decent gold per hour for fast runs. CMs just pile on to that if run decently.

That's a pretty generous estimate. Even doing the daily T4s and Recs I don't think I've ever hit 20 liquid gold. I'd put it more in the 7-12 liquid gold range, but I do agree that the materials and drops can vary wildly.

I don't think fractals should pump more liquid gold into the economy, but they lack unique cosmetic rewards. The Chaos and Nightmare fractals have solid offerings but nothing released since offers anything at all. Would be nice to have a few more account bound weapon skins and back items for each re-worked and new fractal. Even re-colors and/or added effects of existing skins would suffice.

Content difficulty is not what dictates reward distribution. That's why open world zerging is the best farming method.

@Jahroots.6791 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:The gold reward for normal T4s is between 10-20 liquid gold and around 5-10 gold in materials. That is more than fair for the average time required to clear the content and very decent gold per hour for fast runs. CMs just pile on to that if run decently.

That's a pretty generous estimate. Even doing the daily T4s and Recs I don't think I've ever hit 20 liquid gold. I'd put it more in the 7-12 liquid gold range, but I do agree that the materials and drops can vary wildly.

I don't think fractals should pump more liquid gold into the economy, but they lack unique cosmetic rewards. The Chaos and Nightmare fractals have solid offerings but nothing released since offers anything at all. Would be nice to have a few more account bound weapon skins and back items for each re-worked and new fractal. Even re-colors and/or added effects of existing skins would suffice.

I was trying to cover the entire range. The lowest I've seen for only T4s (3 T4s but no CMs) was around 6g with 15-16g on a good day in pure liquid gold. 20g is near the top end and certainly not average. CMs increase overall rewards obviously be it direct gold or drops.

Agree on the second part, but that is a different issue. There are threads about how some of the fractal specific resources should see more use. My estimate is we won't see much here until the next expansion if at all.

@segman.3560 said:

Content difficulty is not what dictates reward distribution. That's why open world zerging is the best farming method.

That much is obvious. So then why should T4 rewards be increased? Nerf that shit. Thanks anet.

@Etheri.5406 said:

@Etheri.5406 said:Why is there no "nerf fractal rewards" option?

That much is obvious. So then why should T4 rewards be increased? Nerf that kitten. Thanks anet.

As you said, T4s are easy. The easier content is in GW2, the more rewarding it should be.

On the whole I think the rewards are nice. I think OP is just having bad luck. The last 3 days I got armor boxes from T4s. In order to make accurate observations of drop rates you need much larger data sets.

I will however point out, it feels to me like nightmare fractal should have some kp and a purchasable infusion to go with it. A nightmare themed infusion could be really cool. But, eh, I can live either way.

@segman.3560 said:

That much is obvious. So then why should T4 rewards be increased? Nerf that kitten. Thanks anet.

As you said, T4s are easy. The easier content is in GW2, the more rewarding it should be.

You can either balance rewards or you can have them increase with increasing difficulty / effort. You can't increase rewards as content gets easier unless you want to promote less gameplay and more gold-grind.

Oh wait. It all makes sense now.:trollface:

@Etheri.5406 said:

You can either balance rewards or you can have them increase with increasing difficulty / effort. You can't increase rewards as content gets easier unless you want to promote less gameplay and more gold-grind.

Oh wait. It all makes sense now.:trollface:

And it works for 6 years already :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived