Best Outfits Guide for animations or overall favorites?

what are your favorite outfits that have additional animations with it?

For example, the Ghostly outfit has the ghost hands coming from the ground.

The Ice Encasement outfit has the snow fall/ sparkle effect.

Mad King and Lunatic Guard both have the fire effect from having a flame head :)

I ask because I'm planning on buying the black lion outfit 10 pack, and want to make the best purchases possible.

The outfits have great value for me since I play mainly WvW and PvP, and usually don't buy Mount skins.

Everyone should use 1 of the black lion outfit vouchers for the Wedding outfit as it is usually valued at 1000 gems.

Other armors that I plan on getting include the Mursaat outfit and the Dynamic Exo-Suit outfit .

Just looked up that the Crystal Savant outfit, the floating crystals have a small particle effect too.

I agree about the Wedding Outfit, even if you normally cringe at anything called "wedding." What's really cool about that one is that it looks totally different for each race. The female Sylvari and Norn versions are really nice.

As far as animations, I love having the Mad King and Lunatic Guard ones, which you already mentioned. I like the sparkles and glow of the Winter Monarch too.

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:I love the Hexed Outfit , then looked at wiki that it only cost 3 Candy Corn Knobs .

So my next question, are there any other IN-GAME outfits that can be purchased by completing activities as opposed to buying them directly from the Gemstore?

From the Wiki: The Hexed Outfit, Common Clothing Outfit and other clothing outfits are the only outfits available outside of the Gem Store. Clothing outfits tonics found on the trading post may be exchanged for respective outfits at the Black Lion Trader (Merchant) at the Black Lion Trading Company HQ.

There is also the Royal Guard Outfit : Reward for accounts created before August 29, 2015 as part of the third anniversary of Guild Wars 2.

Thank you for this info Cedo.

Looks liked the Hexed Outfit was a one in a kind :) This outfit is obtainable from completing Halloween events only.

Everyone else should know that those clothing tonics are not available from the black lion outfit vouchers yet.

I just wanted to make sure that other Outfits I was planning to buy could not be easily obtained in another way.

Good to know about the Royal Guard outfit too, as I forgot how I received that one :)

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:I love the Hexed Outfit , then looked at wiki that it only cost 3 Candy Corn Knobs .

So my next question, are there any other IN-GAME outfits that can be purchased by completing activities as opposed to buying them directly from the Gemstore?

From the Wiki:
The Hexed Outfit, Common Clothing Outfit and other clothing outfits are the only outfits available outside of the Gem Store. Clothing outfits tonics found on the trading post may be exchanged for respective outfits at the Black Lion Trader (Merchant) at the Black Lion Trading Company HQ.

There is also the Royal Guard Outfit :
Reward for accounts created before August 29, 2015 as part of the third anniversary of Guild Wars 2.

Isn’t the bloody prince or mad king sold with candy corn cobs too? I could have swore I saw one of those listed last year.

Dynamic, exo suit, crystal savant, winters presence, timekeeper, are all ones that have great particle effects. The winter one may not be right but it’s the one with the swirly horns. Ghostly does. Ummm, Balthazar. I’m a sucker for outfits so I have most of them but the ones above are my top rated in terms of detail. But all of them can fit a theme. The ninja assassin looks nice on female characters. Elonian elementslist is another nice one but no particle effects.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

From the Wiki:
The Hexed Outfit, Common Clothing Outfit and other clothing outfits are the only outfits available outside of the Gem Store. Clothing outfits tonics found on the trading post may be exchanged for respective outfits at the Black Lion Trader (Merchant) at the Black Lion Trading Company HQ.

There is also the Royal Guard Outfit :
Reward for accounts created before August 29, 2015 as part of the third anniversary of Guild Wars 2.

Isn’t the bloody prince or mad king sold with candy corn cobs too? I could have swore I saw one of those listed last year.

No. Outfit acquisition is as listed in the Wiki.

The Winter Monarch outfit has a sparkle effect around it.

It's dependant on the dye used in the 4th slot however. With a dark or dull colour the effect is almost invisible, with a bright one it gets brighter. I really like that because it means if I don't want sparkles around my character I can turn them off, but it's something to bear in mind if you particularly want the detail on the outfit (which uses the same dye channel) in a dark colour.

@"Witch of Doom.5739" said:I agree about the Wedding Outfit, even if you normally cringe at anything called "wedding." What's really cool about that one is that it looks totally different for each race. The female Sylvari and Norn versions are really nice.

As far as animations, I love having the Mad King and Lunatic Guard ones, which you already mentioned. I like the sparkles and glow of the Winter Monarch too.

I agree. I paid full price for the wedding outfit when it first came out, but IMO it's well worth it because it's the only one I use on all my characters. I use it slightly less since the Common Clothing Tonic was finally turned into an outfit, but it's still nice to have a more formal option for 'normal' clothes.

Archived