Can my friends or I get banned if I share my Kung Fu Tea codes?

Azure.5302

By attempting to get one Kung FU Tea Heroic and Shirt code on Sunday for hours, today i ended up with 5 saved codes.

Can my guildies get a ban if they use my codes on their existing accounts, or could my friend who is about to make an account get a ban for using a heroic edition code?

I had about 12 messages for the codes, but 7 were unreadable so i screenshoted not even enough for my main guildies and i can't give out any sadly.

According to Chris Cleary.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9ce157/kung_fu_tea_promotion_is_banning_accounts/e5ahhgh/

To my knowledge, we are only closing the newly created promotion heroic edition accounts created by those that are heavily abusing the promotion to do so.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9ce157/kung_fu_tea_promotion_is_banning_accounts/e5aj5ye/

Feel free to give the codes (heroic edition or outfit) out to whomever you want! We're only closing the new accounts being created by players who are trying to abuse the promotion to create a bunch of new heroic edition accounts.

Yeah Map chat just went wild and I've seen the post on Reddit, I'm on EU and me and my friends used some of the keys.

The Kung Fu Tea original wording stated that only the sweepstakes were for the US citizens and did not mention the other "free" part to be for US only.

If i knew the shirt and heroic part was also US only i wouldn't have even tried, I hope there will be no consequences for me and my friends.

@ReV.6097 said:They celebrate 6 years by secluding half their player base.... I'm pretty kittened off.I don't care for the Heroic edition, I just wanted to get the GW2 shirt/hat thing from beta.

Just to clarify: The shirt and hat are separate items, and neither were related to beta. The shirt codes were originally given out to people attending certain Anet events (or gamescom) shortly after the launch of the game. The hat was a free gem store item available to everyone who was playing for that first couple of weeks after launch. The shirt (in its current Outfit form) is/was the item being given away in this promotion.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:Just to clarify: The shirt and hat are separate items, and neither were related to beta. The shirt codes were originally given out to people attending certain Anet events (or gamescom) shortly after the launch of the game. The hat was a free gem store item available to everyone who was playing for that first couple of weeks after launch. The shirt (in its current Outfit form) is/was the item being given away in this promotion.

Such a shame not to see the hat come back, but still, the shirt itself is still great. I hope they do something to amend this.I don't mind giving my code away, but I sure as hell hope they find some way to bring back that tonic/shirt, even if it's on the store at some point..

Archived