armor is hard to make in full sets, why not make single parts?

coso.9173

Pretty self explanatory. we've been told time and again that armor is hard to make because it has to be done in full sets for all races and genders. but what if we got single pieces of armor that are not part of any set? each new piece would be much less work than a full set of course, and hopefully not too different between male and female either.Wouldn't that be much less work?

The chest/leggings may be part of what makes making full sets of armor so difficult. So making an individual pants armor chest piece would be almost as difficult as making a full set.

A while ago, I was wondering if they would be able to do more reskins of pieces that are already "fitted" (I'm not sure what word you would use for that)

That way they wouldn't have to worry about clipping, and could recycle an old piece into a new piece.

Example: It would be pretty cool if it were possible to reskin t3 armor chest/legs to match the foefire shoulder/boot/glove set.

They have nice armor types in GW1 that could be adjusted easy enough. I love the imperial style armor sets for my assassin would look great on my thief or ranger. Maybe make some new armor cultural to a race of course have the original sets but make more and sell them in the gemstore. This way sets do not have to be made so all races can use them only the race they are made for. Like once a month add a new armor set for lets say Charr, which is only for that race, and make all three weights. The next month or longer if needed make sets for asuran. The biggest problem with armor is making it for all races and it be the same design basically. Well its not there are differences of course so take a step back and design for each race instead.

@coso.9173 said:Pretty self explanatory. we've been told time and again that armor is hard to make because it has to be done in full sets for all races and genders. but what if we got single pieces of armor that are not part of any set? each new piece would be much less work than a full set of course, and hopefully not too different between male and female either.Wouldn't that be much less work?

They make those too ... check out LS rewards since forever.

Archived