Raids area not for explorer

Spirou.1964

One of the fun things with games like GuildWars2 is to explore the huge world.Personally, I do not like Raid. For various reasons, I will not go into here.But I find it very sad that anyone who wants to explore can not access these areas as the raiders are in. It feels like you locked us out of some parts of the world with big holes in the map, and it's not okay I think.

Just ask someone in the Lion's Arch Aerodrome for a cleared instance or click on any of the common party search with the text:"Cleared instance w[insert number]. Tips appreciated"

Or if you are in a semi-sized guild then likely someone is a raider and has cleared instances. It shouldn't be that difficult and once in you can explore to your heart content.

OP, bringing up this topic on this subforum will result in attacks from some of the more ardent forumgoers (which we are already seeing), but know that, based on the survey on these same sub-forums, more than half of the respondents agree with your point of view on this one.

That said, the argument is moot at this point. The resources do not exist to alter how raids are in game - and without alterations like the you mention (which would broaden the target audience for raids and justify more resources), they will always remain niche - creating a Catch-22 scenario where nothing gets improved.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Turin.6921 said:Just ask someone to open you a cleared instance...

That being said i am not sure what you are expecitng to find. An empty instance without the actual encounters that give it meaning is not really exploration...Its it just walking around.

Well, this one is actually gorgeous even without the bosses.

Fair enough

@Spirou.1964 said:One of the fun things with games like GuildWars2 is to explore the huge world.Personally, I do not like Raid. For various reasons, I will not go into here.But I find it very sad that anyone who wants to explore can not access these areas as the raiders are in. It feels like you locked us out of some parts of the world with big holes in the map, and it's not okay I think.

So OP have you explored the new raid instance yet?

@"Blaeys.3102" said:OP, bringing up this topic on this subforum will result in attacks from some of the more ardent forumgoers (which we are already seeing), but know that, based on the survey on these same sub-forums, more than half of the respondents agree with your point of view on this one.

what are you even talking about? OP isn't asking for easy mode raids, if you want to debate that go to the relevant thread (https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/18677/do-raids-need-easy-normal-hard-difficulty-mode-merged/p1) .OP wants to explore the area in game, which they can already do simply by having an instance opened by someone else, which is readily available in the LFG, and has been for days non-stop.

Fixed this one for you, see there isnt an actual proplem, only proplem is that players dont go where they dont want to go ^^

One of the fun things with games like GuildWars2 is to explore the huge world.Personally, I do not like Raid/Dungeons/ fractals/wvw/pvp. For various reasons, I will not go into there.But I find it very sad that anyone who wants to explore can not access these areas as the players are in. It feels like you locked us out of some parts of the world with big holes in the map, and it's not okay I think.

Archived