WvW, Errrrybody is afk

Noha.3749

I loved WvW back in vanilla. After my return a few years later i find the WvW completely dead even during its primetime.There are a few hours every week where anything happens at all (reset day), but outside of that its stale.

Im on Deso (T1)Wondering if your experience is the same and what you think is affecting this?What terrible change mentally or gameplaywise is ruining your will to do anything in WvW?

@Noha.3749 said:

@googel.3278 said:people afk everywhere for pips in wvw and maybe looking for someone else to role play with them. these players just fill up the queues without even thinking, im pretty sure you can pip out in OS

So.. its the Pip system that have affected WvW negative, keeping players from doing anything useful?

No, it just makes them incredibly lazy.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@googel.3278 said:people afk everywhere for pips in wvw and maybe looking for someone else to role play with them. these players just fill up the queues without even thinking, im pretty sure you can pip out in OS

So.. its the Pip system that have affected WvW negative, keeping players from doing anything useful?

People got bored of any form of action...?Why even log in if they just sit there afk, you play for fun right not for passive progression on something you dont enjoy?

From my short time on deso, I remember how there were only a few guilds helping out, and the general culture of not wanting to tag up/play without a commander. Now that those guilds (along with their pug commanders) are gone I reckon this is why you experience such little activity. The only solutions to this are to either hope for a linked server that will carry next relink, wait until the alliance system or transfer to another server.

If you choose to transfer, there are many guilds who would be happy to pay the transfer cost for your allegiance, just make sure to reach out.

@rng.1024 said:From my short time on deso, I remember how there were only a few guilds helping out, and the general culture of not wanting to tag up/play without a commander. Now that those guilds (along with their pug commanders) are gone I reckon this is why you experience such little activity. The only solutions to this are to either hope for a linked server that will carry next relink, wait until the alliance system or transfer to another server.

If you choose to transfer, there are many guilds who would be happy to pay the transfer cost for your allegiance, just make sure to reach out.

How would one who is interested reach out :) ?

@Noha.3749 said:

@"rng.1024" said:From my short time on deso, I remember how there were only a few guilds helping out, and the general culture of not wanting to tag up/play without a commander. Now that those guilds (along with their pug commanders) are gone I reckon this is why you experience such little activity. The only solutions to this are to either hope for a linked server that will carry next relink, wait until the alliance system or transfer to another server.

How would one who is interested reach out :) ?

Right here on the forums in the "Looking for guild" section ;)

Be sure to specify:

• That you're in EU
  • Your preferred playstyle (roaming, zerging, gvg)
  • What type of guild you're looking for (WvW, PvP, PvE or PvX)
  • What class you want to play mainly
  • Your background in the game (can be relevant if you apply to WvW guilds as they value experience, or atleast acknowledgement that you are willing to learn).

There are still a handful dedicated WvW guilds in the higher tiers of EU, so if that's what you want I'm sure you'll get picked up in no time. Be aware though that you might have to run another profession if they ask, follow a raid schedule and use guild builds. But there are ofc also more relaxed ones, so you'd be smart to converse a little when first approached to see if it fits you.

Naturally there's also the option to whisper (click on someone from the guild, right click portrait and choose "block", open friends list and go to blocked players tab, write down account name, unblock player, then whisper that person) enemy guilds if they impress you asking for an invite. This can also be done with same team guilds if you take a few months just to transfer between the different servers until you find one with both the coverage, activity and guilds you need. (If you have no characters on your account, the transfer cost is void, so best to use an alt account for this testing before paying the gems to change your main accounts homeworld)

Just remember to read the sticky post in the lfg subforum and follow it, just kindly ask if anyone would consider paying the transfer cost (then you probably must bring something they need in return, like a specific profession or so, atleast for a little while) and I have no doubt you'll find one to your liking :)

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"googel.3278" said:people afk everywhere for pips in wvw and maybe looking for someone else to role play with them. these players just fill up the queues without even thinking, im pretty sure you can pip out in OS

To build up participation you have to first... participate. Getting participation up to level 6 is not very hard really but you have to get out and do something of course. People "pipping down" aren't lazy, they typically are finished what at times has been hours of fun and letting their participation wind down. Unfortunately still too many people do that in the borderlands instead of OS where they should go to pip down.

'lazy' isn't the right term for people pipping down... but sometimes I do find it very inconsiderate when people are trying to get into a borderland to have fun but it's queued and there's 10 or so people standing in spawn/Keeps pipping down.

@Grim West.3194 said:Players shouldn't pip down in a queued map. But some might be afk for other reasons. Food breaks etc.

definately happens, and a really good point as Bio breaks are real!

For those that do need to pip down, and may be in a queued map, please go to OS. Your participation level shows now there as well, and honestly, I've gotten outnumbered pips therefore times than not.

@Noha.3749 said:

Most of the people I know have either stopped playing WvW because there's more interesting/fun things out there or log into WvW to pip farm while doing more interesting/fun things at the same time. The people being called lazy are most likely putting attention and effort into something else while farming WvW pips. It's not like these people are staring at their screen doing nothing while their character sits there doing nothing.

So yes, the people afk everywhere is a result of the pips and without pips those folks likely wouldn't even be in WvW.

Problem with Deso right now is that ppl dont bring proper classess and even when they bring them, they find very ofter that only Commanders who Tag up are closed for them - Guild Raids, so they try roaming or simply follow that closed Tag, rest of ppl just simply "piping".Pug Commanders cant handle fights if ppl dont listen -most of them dont even use TS or Discord.Not mention that we have bad linking very often ,we are outnumbered almost on every map almost everytime ,i dont mind fight 1v2 or 1v3 but 1v20 you can do nothing really.Same problem is when you wonna flip something, Gandara have 20 ppl waiting in every camp, 10 ac's in every Tower, not to mention Keeps...Only thing that keeps me playing GW2 since release is WvW , but if the promissed change to WvW will not came soon i dont see hope for it, even my frustration have limits.

@Djamonja.6453 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:vanilla didnt have metabattle.com :)

remove these sites and you will have a lot of builds right now.

A lot of builds/groups that will get farmed by people who are not idiots, yes.

Patently false.

All other things being equal, a person or group that knows their builds and comp doesn't get farmed by lemming builds.

'Optimization' sites take away an aspect of the game and lower the barrier for people to be 'good' at a class. ANet further panders to this with said power creep and inability to balance in any diversity.

@sephiroth.4217 said:I think the issue is power creep...

Vanilla WvW was lots of players because it had room for lots of playstyles which is why there were zergers, zerg busters, roamers, havok squads and everything in between

WvW now is just a world boss train on a pve map with the ability to player kill on the side.

This... I gave you a thumbs up too...

Youre on Deso, meaning the Vabbi bandvagoners are there. You will find them on Desolation Discord and they will be leading open most of the days on primetime.

They dont advertise on teamchat or play EB because they want no queues.

They wont let you in if you play ranger, thief or some bad specialization tho. Thief and ranger were already bad but playable 3 years ago, now 3 years later when all other classes got waaaaaaaaay stronger in WvW groups with each expansion, thief and ranger are just nono because their elite specs are almost as terrible as core builds for WvW groups . Also specs like Core Warrior, Guardian, Necromancer, engineer etc are nono, the correct elite specs and builds are just must.

Just care, these commanders are from different server than deso 3 years ago (I was a pretty popular commander on deso 3 years ago)...... Meaning they like to belittle enemy and be kinda toxic which is kinda different and negative compared to what deso was. Its just deso was the underdog back then so it was more humble, these players have been "at the top" since the release so they developed some bad habits.

Archived