Launcher music and the gem store preview window that lies !

Ok so ive been playing for a few months , love the game apart from 2 things

1) why has the launcher music changed from epic horns and such to very bad arab themed lift music ? i mean its really bad . Any way to revert or change this ?

2) the item preview screen in the market basically lies. i look at an outfit / skin and dye it , lokos great , yet when i tab back into the game the result is different , almost every skin , outfit and dye looks different in game than in teh viewer. why can anet not normalize the two ?gems arn't cheap neither are the items bought , it would be nice if they looked the same in game as in the preview window :c

1. The former music was during Heart of Thorns; it was changed from the original launcher music of the Core game. Now it's Path of Fire music.
  2. The ambient lighting is different in all parts of the game. It would be difficult to match it to wherever you happen to be standing with your character at the time. Try a well-lit area; perhaps somewhere with bright, non-occluded sunshine.

Good luck.

To extend on my colleague's post:

1. The character selection screen always matches the most recent expansion, and Path of Fire is African and Arab themed due to its locations and the respective cultures. Nothing bad about that, and IMO much preferable to Heart of Thorns' music.
  2. The lighting in the preview windows is always neutral and shows the actual colors. That doesn't mean that ambient lighting, depending on where you are and whether it's day or night, doesn't influence the colors -- just like in real life. If it's not an ambient/day cycle thing, then I'm afraid there is something wrong with your game files (and you will have to repair the issue).

@TwoGhosts.6790 said:I had a similar question about the launch music once before.Some kind soul pointed me to this link.I haven't ever tried it (I kinda came to like the HoT music, and was too lazy anyway), but here's the link in case you want to try for yourself:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Customized_soundtrack~TG

Sweeet. Now I can have something more fitting my Norn Warrior on the main/char select screen. Something like this:

@TwoGhosts.6790 said:I had a similar question about the launch music once before.Some kind soul pointed me to this link.I haven't ever tried it (I kinda came to like the HoT music, and was too lazy anyway), but here's the link in case you want to try for yourself:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Customized_soundtrack~TG

Thank you for this link. I tried it for Character Selection Menue and it works. It's pretty simple (Win 10): there was no Music folder in my documents path so I created one. Then I pasted the song there. I opened it with e.g. media player, saved it as a m3u playlist named MainMenu right there in the Music folder too. Then started GW2 and the song was looped in the main menue. Renaming it to something like mu will disable it and the PoF songs will be played again. Renaming it back to m3u enables the personal playlist again.

@SPAM lANWALKER.6187 said:ah well im stuck with middle eastern lift music , how kitten is that ? oh well , looks like my cash will go on other things than pof and gems , that preview window is broken as kitten , to the point of being false advertising as they look nothing like what they do in game

You spend like 2 seconds on the character selection screen. If that's the reason you don't want to play the game anymore, then I'm quite sure you have bigger issues than just the title screen.

Archived