Is anyone even interested in doing Dragon Stand's meta anymore?

It is in fact blocked, the pets don't spawn until you do the event at the electric wyvern nest. You don't have to do the full meta but you do need mid lane to advance that far. You might be able to make your own LFG (having a tag will help though), check five to ten minutes before the meta resets and if no one has a taxi up, create your own with a note "doing midlane for ranger pet, finishing meta would be a bonus" or something like that so folks know what the focus will be.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:It's inaccurate to say people don't do the DS meta. I can't even remember the last time I was there and it failed (not counting the days when the map has a 4-event daily; that's usually the worst time to try for full meta).

Yeah, someone told me that while I was waiting to see if more people would join. Wish there was a way to tell when exactly a meta will start instead of just guessing.

@ZarexWolf.5637 said:Been trying to get the Juvenile Electric Wyrm, but due to it being blocked behind meta and little people joining now, it feels like it is a lost cause.

1. Show up ten mins before it starts
  2. Check the LFG, join the group about to start
  3. Travel to the map. Make sure you join the instance your comm is on
  4. Get on a mount and wait for reset
  5. Rejoin on your comm if you got separated

Lots of people doing DS these days. Done it each of the last two days. Zero problems at all.

Step 1. Using one of the event timers (I use gw2timer.com) find out when DS spawnsStep 2a. Show up ten minutes before that time and wait by the first waypoint. Look for a tag. If a tag is there, join the squad. Those people will stay in the zone until it closes and everyone dies. If you mount up before it closes, your mount will die and you will survive.Step 2b. If there is no commander on the map 10 minutes before, make sure you have the LFG tool opened up and go to open world and then Dragon Stand and look for a listing. Join the listing and bring yourself to that zone.Step 3. Once everyone is on a new map, make sure you join the map with the commander on it.Step 4. Look for tags in each lane and either stay with the commander you've joined or leave that squad and join a commander in another lane. It's not just for the electric wyvern, there are wealth of mastery points you can get in Dragon Stand, plus it's the only way to get crystalline ore (aside from 15 from the Heart of Thorns story per character) which you'll need to make HoT legendary weapons.

Archived