Path of Fire and Guild Wars 2 Collection now 50% off — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Path of Fire and Guild Wars 2 Collection now 50% off

In case anyone missed the announcement: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-path-of-fire-50-off-sale/

Path of Fire Standard
Path of Fire Deluxe
Guild Wars 2 Standard Collection (PoF and HoT)
Guild Wars 2 Deluxe Collection (PoF and HoT)

are all 50% off through Nov. 4th

(Does not apply to Ultimate Editions.)

Comments

  • Explain me why i dont see the offer? and what is this "Use the code PGW50 at checkout when you purchase the expansion from our official site."?

    also, this means i have to purchase something for the original price and expect that at the end of the purchase the price suddenly drops ? or im seeing this wrong? ty

  • You have to place whatever you want to buy in your cart, and add the code at checkout. You'll see the discounted price before confirming your purchase.

  • will check ,thank you!

  • Ahh of course.... Less than two weeks after I bought the game...

  • @deadpool.7036 said:
    Ahh of course.... Less than two weeks after I bought the game...

    You can always contact support and see if there’s anything ANet can do, seeing as it’s been less than a month.

    Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

    Forum Guides: Images. Text

  • It's in the fine print thats its not retroactive but I'm reaching out anyway. Probably should have kept the snarkiness to myself... Just found it ironic.

  • why is this Code thing? previous discoutns were not like this. Makes me feel weird

  • Bright Oblivion.2856Bright Oblivion.2856 Member ✭✭
    edited October 25, 2018

    To make use of this, you select the version of Path of Fire you want (it works for the standard and the deluxe) and hit "Check out."
    At that screen, you can decide to add Heart of Thorns for $20 more (this will change your cart listing to "Collection").
    Below the listing of what's in your cart, there's an option to "Add Promo Code" and you can enter the PGW50 code there, updating the price listed in the shopping cart to 50% of what it was.
    Then you proceed through the purchase process like you would normally.

    I just did this process to get both standard editions (through the Standard Collection option), and the most significant difficulty I had was trying to figure out what format they wanted my phone number in. With tax, it cost a bit over $27 US and meant that, rather than trying to decide which expansion I was going to get, I was able to get both for less than the normal price of Path of Fire. So overall, I'm really excited about this deal.

    It does suck for anyone who's purchased it in the past couple weeks that it's not retroactive, though.

  • deadpool.7036deadpool.7036 Member ✭✭
    edited October 26, 2018

    I wonder if it means they want people to get caught up in preparation for another release...

  • notebene.3190notebene.3190 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Oh I didn't realize you can get a HoT-n-PoF (H.R. Puff-n-stuff?) combo?

    How do you get to that link?

    I was thinking about maybe upgrading my 2nd account, which got a Kung Fu Normalization bump last month.

    In the event I don't get a chance, thank you all for the company and help when I needed it from time to time.

  • @notebene.3190 said:
    Oh I didn't realize you can get a HoT-n-PoF (H.R. Puff-n-stuff?) combo?

    How do you get to that link?

    I was thinking about maybe upgrading my 2nd account, which got a Kung Fu Normalization bump last month.

    Click to purchase PoF, the next step will let you upgrade to the bundle with HoT.

  • @deadpool.7036 said:
    Ahh of course.... Less than two weeks after I bought the game...

    You think that's bad? The sale was literally announced as my order finished processing.

  • @WithoutAssumption.7936 said:

    @deadpool.7036 said:
    Ahh of course.... Less than two weeks after I bought the game...

    You think that's bad? The sale was literally announced as my order finished processing.

    Dang.... :/

  • Hello there, don't know if is the right place but i have some doubts and hope you can help me.
    I was waiting for HoT to be on sales since this summer. I've already bought PoF and now I see that 50% discount is valid only for PoF o PoF + HoT.
    What if I buy both expansion (to get the discount)? Will I receive 2 separate codes?
    No official retailer has HoT even in stock, so I cannot search for a discounted price anywhere else for the moment.

  • edited October 27, 2018

    @deadpool.7036 said:
    Dang.... :/

    Luckily the retailer was willing to help, even though their terms are pretty clear that they don't need to.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2018

    @WithoutAssumption.7936 said:

    @deadpool.7036 said:
    Ahh of course.... Less than two weeks after I bought the game...

    You think that's bad? The sale was literally announced as my order finished processing.

    Then refund and buy it again.

    Edit
    Not like they can deny you a refund this close to the date you bought anyway.

  • Shikigami.4013Shikigami.4013 Member ✭✭✭

    @BaelorTarg.3049 said:
    What if I buy both expansion (to get the discount)? Will I receive 2 separate codes?

    Came here looking for the same info. Will you get one code for PoF that you can apply to an account that already has HoT, plus one code for HoT that you can apply to another account that has nothing yet? Or will you get a "collection code" that will only upgrade one account with both expansions?

    YouTube “L2villagejester”.
    People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
    Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

  • @Shikigami.4013 @BaelorTarg.3049

    It's a single "Collection" code to put in that gives both.

  • Shikigami.4013Shikigami.4013 Member ✭✭✭

    Thanks for the clarification. It seems they really don't want anyone to buy HoT seperate from PoF anymore. After some searching I found out that there still is a way to put only HoT into the basket (by going via https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com) in order to get a seperate code.

    However, not only will the discount not apply, but the price is 30€ instead of the 20€ for adding it to a PoF purchase. This leads to a rather absurd situation where HoT alone is 5€ more expensive than HoT+PoF......

    YouTube “L2villagejester”.
    People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
    Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

  • Tanner Blackfeather.6509Tanner Blackfeather.6509 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2018

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @WithoutAssumption.7936 said:

    @deadpool.7036 said:
    Ahh of course.... Less than two weeks after I bought the game...

    You think that's bad? The sale was literally announced as my order finished processing.

    Then refund and buy it again.

    Edit
    Not like they can deny you a refund this close to the date you bought anyway.

    General point of reminder: Only do this if you haven't applied the code to your account yet! If the code is applied, a refund will result in the closing of your account as they can't remove only the expansion!

    Edit: apparently I had misunderstood.

  • @crovester.4089 said:
    why is this Code thing? previous discoutns were not like this. Makes me feel weird

    They’ve done it at least twice before, on February 16th and May 31st of this year.

    Be careful what you ask for
    ANet might give it to you.

    Forum Guides: Images. Text

  • @Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @WithoutAssumption.7936 said:

    @deadpool.7036 said:
    Ahh of course.... Less than two weeks after I bought the game...

    You think that's bad? The sale was literally announced as my order finished processing.

    Then refund and buy it again.

    Edit
    Not like they can deny you a refund this close to the date you bought anyway.

    General point of reminder: Only do this if you haven't applied the code to your account yet! If the code is applied, a refund will result in the closing of your account as they can't remove only the expansion!

    Not true, the CS Team can remove access to just an expansion, and leave other content accessible.

  • Tyncale.1629Tyncale.1629 Member ✭✭✭

    This is odd. I could upgrade my HoT-only account to PoF with the promo no problem, but when I made a brandnew account and tried to buy the collection that has both expansions it first sais: " Invalid promo"

    Then when I cleared cookies it let me add the promo code again, slashing the price in half but once I get to the Confirm screen, it sais:
    "We’re sorry, but the offer that was previously applied to Guild Wars 2 - Standard Collection (Path of Fire - Standard & Heart of Thorns - Standard) is no longer available. Please check your trolley before completing your purchase."

    I tried it with a second new account, same thing. The very first time I tried it, I got all the way to my Paypal page, but it ended up with Payment failed. Very odd.

  • @Bright Oblivion.2856 said:
    @Shikigami.4013 @BaelorTarg.3049

    It's a single "Collection" code to put in that gives both.

    Ok, thanks for clarification. Now my only question is: what happen if i apply this code to an account that already has pof active? Will i loose my pof progression and restart with this hot+pof as i never played pof before?
    As @Shikigami.4013 said, it's more convenient for me to buy this pof+hot than hot alone, just need to clarify the question above ;)

  • Or you could purchase just HoT from official retailer DLGamer for $17.99.

  • @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

    @Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @WithoutAssumption.7936 said:

    @deadpool.7036 said:
    Ahh of course.... Less than two weeks after I bought the game...

    You think that's bad? The sale was literally announced as my order finished processing.

    Then refund and buy it again.

    Edit
    Not like they can deny you a refund this close to the date you bought anyway.

    General point of reminder: Only do this if you haven't applied the code to your account yet! If the code is applied, a refund will result in the closing of your account as they can't remove only the expansion!

    Not true, the CS Team can remove access to just an expansion, and leave other content accessible.

    Wow, apparently I've misunderstood! Editing my post!

  • jwaz.1908jwaz.1908 Member ✭✭✭

    If POF is 50% off it must mean expac 3 is around the corner! :D

    Henge of Denravi - Equinox Solstice [TIME]
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Jwaz

  • Shikigami.4013Shikigami.4013 Member ✭✭✭

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Or you could purchase just HoT from official retailer DLGamer for $17.99.

    Not sure if DLGamer (or any other) will be able to restock HoT. The retailer I bought my expansions from previously also does not have standalone HoT anymore.
    Imgur

    YouTube “L2villagejester”.
    People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
    Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2018

    Ah, well, I looked at the US site; they seemed to be in stock there.
    Of course, I didn't try to buy a copy.

  • As of 10/27/2018 @ 9:30PM (PT).
    Tried to purchase both of the expansions (PoF Deluxe + HoT Standard) total is $74.99, but when I checked out and apply the promo code (PGW50) and it says invalid code "the code is no longer available...". Submitting a ticket and hopefully I get the deal or does anyone have any troubleshoot to fix this error?
    Thanks.

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2018

    @nguyentlu.2049 said:
    As of 10/27/2018 @ 9:30PM (PT).
    Tried to purchase both of the expansions (PoF Deluxe + HoT Standard) total is $74.99, but when I checked out and apply the promo code (PGW50) and it says invalid code "the code is no longer available...". Submitting a ticket and hopefully I get the deal or does anyone have any troubleshoot to fix this error?
    Thanks.

    You can't mix and match a bundle, I believe. It's PoF Deluxe + HoT Deluxe (bundle) that would qualify. Or, PoF Standard + HoT Standard (bundle).

    Good luck.

  • Shikigami.4013Shikigami.4013 Member ✭✭✭

    @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Ah, well, I looked at the US site; they seemed to be in stock there.
    Of course, I didn't try to buy a copy.

    Now you are confusing me. That pic is from the US site, it shows for me when I go to https://www.dlgamer.com/us/games/buy-guild-wars-2-heart-of-thorns-29808
    Does it say available when going to that site from a US IP?

    YouTube “L2villagejester”.
    People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
    Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

  • @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

    @nguyentlu.2049 said:
    As of 10/27/2018 @ 9:30PM (PT).
    Tried to purchase both of the expansions (PoF Deluxe + HoT Standard) total is $74.99, but when I checked out and apply the promo code (PGW50) and it says invalid code "the code is no longer available...". Submitting a ticket and hopefully I get the deal or does anyone have any troubleshoot to fix this error?
    Thanks.

    You can't mix and match a bundle, I believe. It's PoF Deluxe + HoT Deluxe (bundle) that would qualify. Or, PoF Standard + HoT Standard (bundle).

    Good luck.

    Nope. You totally can. In fact, the Deluxe Collection bundle is PoF deluxe and HoT standard. No idea why it's saying it's not valid, but that's not the reason.

  • Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2018

    So, it is. Seems odd. Then, your best bet is to contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below.
    Keep in mind that you can only use the code once, so you can try creating a new account, and see if the code works on that purchase. [You can apply the Serial Code(s) to any account, of course.]