Path of Fire and Guild Wars 2 Collection now 50% off

Explain me why i dont see the offer? and what is this "Use the code PGW50 at checkout when you purchase the expansion from our official site."?

also, this means i have to purchase something for the original price and expect that at the end of the purchase the price suddenly drops ? or im seeing this wrong? ty

To make use of this, you select the version of Path of Fire you want (it works for the standard and the deluxe) and hit "Check out."At that screen, you can decide to add Heart of Thorns for $20 more (this will change your cart listing to "Collection").Below the listing of what's in your cart, there's an option to "Add Promo Code" and you can enter the PGW50 code there, updating the price listed in the shopping cart to 50% of what it was.Then you proceed through the purchase process like you would normally.

I just did this process to get both standard editions (through the Standard Collection option), and the most significant difficulty I had was trying to figure out what format they wanted my phone number in. With tax, it cost a bit over $27 US and meant that, rather than trying to decide which expansion I was going to get, I was able to get both for less than the normal price of Path of Fire. So overall, I'm really excited about this deal.

It does suck for anyone who's purchased it in the past couple weeks that it's not retroactive, though.

Hello there, don't know if is the right place but i have some doubts and hope you can help me.I was waiting for HoT to be on sales since this summer. I've already bought PoF and now I see that 50% discount is valid only for PoF o PoF + HoT.What if I buy both expansion (to get the discount)? Will I receive 2 separate codes?No official retailer has HoT even in stock, so I cannot search for a discounted price anywhere else for the moment.

@"BaelorTarg.3049" said:What if I buy both expansion (to get the discount)? Will I receive 2 separate codes?

Came here looking for the same info. Will you get one code for PoF that you can apply to an account that already has HoT, plus one code for HoT that you can apply to another account that has nothing yet? Or will you get a "collection code" that will only upgrade one account with both expansions?

Thanks for the clarification. It seems they really don't want anyone to buy HoT seperate from PoF anymore. After some searching I found out that there still is a way to put only HoT into the basket (by going via https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com) in order to get a seperate code.

However, not only will the discount not apply, but the price is 30€ instead of the 20€ for adding it to a PoF purchase. This leads to a rather absurd situation where HoT alone is 5€ more expensive than HoT+PoF......

@Linken.6345 said:

@deadpool.7036 said:Ahh of course.... Less than two weeks after I bought the game...

You think that's bad? The sale was literally announced as my order finished processing.

Then refund and buy it again.

EditNot like they can deny you a refund this close to the date you bought anyway.

General point of reminder: Only do this if you haven't applied the code to your account yet! If the code is applied, a refund will result in the closing of your account as they can't remove only the expansion!

Edit: apparently I had misunderstood.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@deadpool.7036 said:Ahh of course.... Less than two weeks after I bought the game...

You think that's bad? The sale was literally announced as my order finished processing.

Then refund and buy it again.

EditNot like they can deny you a refund this close to the date you bought anyway.

General point of reminder:
Only
do this if you
haven't applied the code to your account
yet! If the code is applied, a refund will result in the closing of your account as they can't remove only the expansion!

Not true, the CS Team can remove access to just an expansion, and leave other content accessible.

This is odd. I could upgrade my HoT-only account to PoF with the promo no problem, but when I made a brandnew account and tried to buy the collection that has both expansions it first sais: " Invalid promo"

Then when I cleared cookies it let me add the promo code again, slashing the price in half but once I get to the Confirm screen, it sais:"We’re sorry, but the offer that was previously applied to Guild Wars 2 - Standard Collection (Path of Fire - Standard & Heart of Thorns - Standard) is no longer available. Please check your trolley before completing your purchase."

I tried it with a second new account, same thing. The very first time I tried it, I got all the way to my Paypal page, but it ended up with Payment failed. Very odd.

@Bright Oblivion.2856 said:@Shikigami.4013 @"BaelorTarg.3049"

It's a single "Collection" code to put in that gives both.

Ok, thanks for clarification. Now my only question is: what happen if i apply this code to an account that already has pof active? Will i loose my pof progression and restart with this hot+pof as i never played pof before?As @Shikigami.4013 said, it's more convenient for me to buy this pof+hot than hot alone, just need to clarify the question above ;)

Archived