Got my archdesigner title the other day in a training group...been waiting 3 hours for people today

Einsof.1457

After days in training groups I finally got my first 100cm down yesterday. I didn't die once and performed very well I believe. Today, I have spent all the time I have had for playing begging other groups to be given a chance to get my 99+100cm dailies done (all said no) and in my own LFG with only requirement being the title. Not a single person has joined, in the last 2 hours. I am becoming discouraged and really need advice on how to catch up to these absolutely crazy requirements others have. I really love this content but it's not fun wasting time because others don't even want to give me a chance.

@Einsof.1457 said:After days in training groups I finally got my first 100cm down yesterday. I didn't die once and performed very well I believe. Today, I have spent all the time I have had for playing begging other groups to be given a chance to get my 99+100cm dailies done (all said no) and in my own LFG with only requirement being the title. Not a single person has joined, in the last 2 hours. I am becoming discouraged and really need advice on how to catch up to these absolutely crazy requirements others have. I really love this content but it's not fun wasting time because others don't even want to give me a chance.

You can start a group with high requirements yourself (I'd say the sweet spot is 30+ess but I'm not eager to play that CM everyday and so I don't know really). People are usually not going to ask the guy inviting everyone else to ping. To be honest the requirements are absurd indeed because you need even less practice than Dhuum or even Matthias to complete the encounter. Mechanics are simple enough and the only reason it gets hectic is because the meta comp favors speed clears when a 5-player team of non-synergizing players should actually focus on survavibility with damage only being crucial to not have to endure much of the last phase. With that said, yeah you should just start your own group and ask others to have high kp's which will automagically mean you have high kps yourself, for some reason (as long as you're competent like you're saying no one will bat an eye).

Also if this feels a little dishonest, well that situation is caused by other people for believing that somehow having 99 useless gold lying around my bank means I know more of the mechanics than someone who is freshly trained on performing them in a not-above-average group.

Yeah, just set up an own lfg with a decent amount of kp. BUT, only if you are able to perform well! Otherwise people will kick you because they expect decent/proper runs. KP requirements aren't made to exclude players in the first place but to protect themselves of spending a lot of "wiping" time for a content they have on farm and already mastered.See, I ran CMs a lot and I'm tired of wiping if it's not necessary. Lower KP runs can be successful but it's by far not the norm!

And yeah, the best way to catch up is to find like-minded people and run together as often as possible (without putting pressure on yourselves about a fixed daily schedule). When I started to "grind" 100CM we had a 4 man group with bannerslave, druid + 2 scourges and mostly took a chrono as 5th with us. I think it took us less than 10 days after starting to get "Leave no heroes behind" (the title for nobody dying in the whole fractal) without actually caring hard the first times. (From the start we did the CM every day successfully but players were dying here and there).

Well the trick to get into a group with low kp is being a chrono.Everyone and their cat want a decent chrono mate, I always ask the group starter to ping since I been burned by people trying to do 100-200 groups with 1-2 runs under their belt.I dont mind low kp groups but dont try to start lfg with high anmunt just to get essentaily carried.

@Linken.6345 said:Well the trick to get into a group with low kp is being a chrono.Everyone and their cat want a decent chrono mate, I always ask the group starter to ping since I been burned by people trying to do 100-200 groups with 1-2 runs under their belt.I dont mind low kp groups but dont try to start lfg with high anmunt just to get essentaily carried.

...I...do...play....chrono....

@Einsof.1457 said:

@"Turin.6921" said:Find friends/guild and run it with them

great. thanks

Sorry if you do not like the answer m8 but it is that simple....The other way is to make your own group with requirements and lie about yours. And that is dishonest (and no the "it is their fault they are asking so much" is not an excuse to lie) and you will be basically calling people to carry you and might even lead to more drama if ppl decide you are not good enough and kick you from your own group. Many people can be tacky enough to do it and it would not be completely unjustifiable since you are actually lying. Why the hell would you want to play under such circumstances? I do not see the fun with that.

Best is to learn and catch up at your own pace with like-minded ppl. As it is with any tough content. And the best way is to find a guild or a static group and play with them. No lying no hiding. Anything else you will be setting yourself to be disappointed. It is not that difficult to find other people. Just go for it.

Welcome to high-end content, where you'll need 3 years experience for entry level positions. There's only a few options available to the average player.

1: Do all high end content at launch and keep doing it. That way you'll already have your foot in the door once requirements become ridiculous.2: Grind training runs over and over again until you get enough essence. On average, to get 30 essence you'll need to do 15 training runs.3: Have friends, family, and guilds who will dedicate themselves to carrying everyone else. Personally I've never met one of these, but other people say they exist.4: Get good at lying.

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:3: Have friends, family, and guilds who will dedicate themselves to carrying everyone else. Personally I've never met one of these, but other people say they exist.

You only need to look:

https://old.reddit.com/r/guildrecruitment/https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/looking-for-group-dfr

There are least 2-3 guild that also mention fractals just in the front page. You ask, you try out, if you do not stick you move on, if you stick problem solved.

Challenging content that is grouped requires a basic amount of effort to socialize. But it is always much less tough than ppl think.

I started doing 100cm a few months ago. I alredy have legendary armor, wich may have helped. Even if didnt had anything, i still joined group that required 50+ess and LNHB. Of course first thing i say is that i'm pretty new to 100cm, but that i'm sure i wont mess up. I must say like 90% of time people don t care. They give me a try. I got my lnhb my second run like that. Just play a "meta" class and know what to do. I've rarely seen a group kick someone because they say they havent done the fight 10000 time. Be honest, say it and assure people you wont fail (if you fail you'll get kick tho). Community isn t that bad in frac :) just try it!

You can fake an ess ping with a chat code generator and join some groups without lnhb req. If you're good you'll get it sooner or later, the cm pugs are usually pretty good.

Most groups don't ask you to ping but will if you underperform, whether missed mechanics or low dps.

As someone who has the KP, I have to say, finding/filling even 100+ KP groups takes forever lately.Just not a lot of people playing the content unfortunately.Sometimes you get lucky and it's quick, but even when I premade Heal + Chrono with someone, it sometimes takes 30+ minutes just to find a BS and 2 DPS for CM's + T4 lately.

Anet needs to develop new Fractal CM's and reinvigorate the community to try and play them.

@Asum.4960 said:As someone who has the KP, I have to say, finding/filling even 100+ KP groups takes forever lately.Just not a lot of people playing the content unfortunately.Sometimes you get lucky and it's quick, but even when I premade Heal + Chrono with someone, it sometimes takes 30+ minutes just to find a BS and 2 DPS for CM's + T4 lately.

Anet needs to develop new Fractal CM's and reinvigorate the community to try and play them.

I wonder how many newish players get full ascended, master T4s, then get to CMs and hit a wall, get discouraged and quit due to all the player forced gating. I admit I was tempted, but I am not one to give up. Got another 100cm clear this morning and the RNG gods were on my side and got 3 essences out of it.

@Asum.4960 said:As someone who has the KP, I have to say, finding/filling even 100+ KP groups takes forever lately.Just not a lot of people playing the content unfortunately.Sometimes you get lucky and it's quick, but even when I premade Heal + Chrono with someone, it sometimes takes 30+ minutes just to find a BS and 2 DPS for CM's + T4 lately.

250+ KP groups fill quite fast it seems, I guess veteran player do not like joining groups who require less anymore

The requirements are absurd but...I understand it. Theres a huge difference between a 50kp and 100kp group.The last time I did cm my 100kp group leader accepted 2 dps who had 1kp. They failed every mechanic at ark, wiped us 6 times and then the group disbanded. I do not want to suffer that again, and would demand at least close to the requirement in the future. Its a shame but I really dont have time to wipe for 1 hr every day.

@Einsof.1457 said:

@Linken.6345 said:Well the trick to get into a group with low kp is being a chrono.Everyone and their cat want a decent chrono mate, I always ask the group starter to ping since I been burned by people trying to do 100-200 groups with 1-2 runs under their belt.I dont mind low kp groups but dont try to start lfg with high anmunt just to get essentaily carried.

You will get kicked and maybe put in blocked by ppl if you make group with high req especially playing as chrono. Chrono role is soo important in cm they will know strait away how experience you are in cm.I'd say join fractal guild and play with all you know. A good chrono is needed in cm, they carry the team.. Block damage .. cc.. etc.

@Talindra.4958 said:

You will get kicked and maybe put in blocked by ppl if you make group with high req especially playing as chrono. Chrono role is soo important in cm they will know strait away how experience you are in cm.I'd say join fractal guild and play with all you know. A good chrono is needed in cm, they carry the team.. Block damage .. cc.. etc.

Doin fine so far. The 13th is going to make chrono easier by a significant magnitude which I actually am sad about though.

@Einsof.1457 said:

@"Linken.6345" said:Well the trick to get into a group with low kp is being a chrono.Everyone and their cat want a decent chrono mate, I always ask the group starter to ping since I been burned by people trying to do 100-200 groups with 1-2 runs under their belt.I dont mind low kp groups but dont try to start lfg with high anmunt just to get essentaily carried.

Doin fine so far. The 13th is going to make chrono easier by a significant magnitude which I actually am sad about though.

I'm not sure about the "easier". The chrono rotation already is easy but feels so horrible with being forced to use mimic inside cs. It really need to be changed. Additionally I'm not sure that it is intended to stack at Mistlock Singularity to apply all relevant boons before you start the fights. Btw. that's a thing competent groups expect from you if you are the chrono. Otherwise the group is not good. I hate this procedure and it's slowly going to creep into usual T4 runs without cms.

@"Einsof.1457" said:I always prepull boon....why are you talking as if I don't know what I'm doing?

Since you mentioned you succeeded your first CM at 6th of november and spoke of "days in training groups for cms" which definitely means you were not running those for weeks/months. Stacking at singularities hasn't been and still isn't a thing for wide over 95% of all fractal groups. It would be pretty remarkable if you already internalized this strategy and all of your groups would have gained and benefit 100% of the complete advantage by pre-stacking. It's more than unlikely tbh. Good for you IF you already learned and brought it to total perfection. I've seen, heard and read too much during my GW2 history so I'll stay sceptical until I was proven wrong.See, usually a chrono who is playing on that level is owner of LNHB, many essences and raid cm titles or at least a player who knows how to get into decent/good groups without having the need of kps. If one can play more than properly one automatically is clever enough to play the lfg/community (without cheating!).

While it's something, having LNHB and a ton of essences doesn't necessarily mean you are a good/consistent player, i'm at 145~ ess and usually join 100/150/200+ess LNHB pugs and it's a mixed bag tbh, been in 20/30 ess parties better than 200+ ones.It's pretty sad outdpsing weavers/holos/dhs/sbs while playing BS and also doing most of the cc, pretty funny though when people are like 'lol power reaper? 30k benchmark trash' and get outdpsed on every single boss while needing help with their orb caps @ensolyss.

If you have LNHB and an amount of 100+ essences you know at least how things are working. Maybe not every trick, skip or synergies but the big picture. People that mess up in high kp lfgs either chatcoded their way into the group, opened the group with high kp requirement and weren't checked by the others, are playing new roles for the first time in cms (which you shouldn't do but people do this sadly) or having a bad day.Being outdpsed means nothing especially in 99CM and at Siax where things can go messy by rng. Same for Ensolyss, some orb spots are way easier than others. That's why high kp people are trying to come together via requirements because the overall probability that you most likely can take over a mechanic from another player is extremely high while in low kp groups it's probably a certain wipe.I played CMs + T4s + Recs on a daily basis over 7 months until I got my fractal god etc. The experience from that shows a clear picture: High kp groups are most consistent. Sometimes they disband but that's rarely the case. More often one player leaves/is being kicked and gets replaced so that things go smoother than before. That's not the regular case with low kp groups where it can be easy (don't forget that there are players with an high amount of essences but still set up a low requirement!) but often isn't. I also don't care about high dps numbers and pxnis comparison. If you are the dps and you do a certain expected amount nobody cares except no-life elitists. I'd rather have a smooth run with no downstate at best and well-played mechanics (blocked or distorted ones included) + helping each other out than pointing fingers at others: "meh, i was able to do dmg to your illusion", "lol trash dps" or "why do you die at orb phase?". If somebody is a burden it's ok to remove him from the group but little adjustments are no reason to start flaming, raging or bragging about video game skills.

Archived