Rune of Tormenting

apharma.3741

@"Kain Francois.4328" said:It's honestly not that OP. It's about as equivalent as life steal.

Not "That" OP?It's ridiculous OP.Torment itself only do 32 damage (with 0 condi ) per stack, and it heal 170??? I don't understand how Anet design it.Mace 3, booo 4 stacks, axe 5 boo another 2 stacks, and they are all range AOE and easy to land to 5 targets. it's 30 stacks torment = 5100 healing per pulse (second), Mallyx trait + elite will keep stacking more and more. let's say stack up to 10 stacks on 5 targets then it's 50x170=8500 healing per second........ And this is with 0 healing power.

@CRrabbit.1284 said:

@"Kain Francois.4328" said:It's honestly not that OP. It's about as equivalent as life steal.

Not "That" OP?It's ridiculous OP.Torment itself only do 32 damage (with 0 condi ) per stack, and it heal 170??? I don't understand how Anet design it.Mace 3, booo 4 stacks, axe 5 boo another 2 stacks, and they are all range AOE and easy to land to 5 targets. it's 30 stacks torment = 5100 healing per pulse (second), Mallyx trait + elite will keep stacking more and more. let's say stack up to 10 stacks on 5 targets then it's 50x170=8500 healing per second........ And this is with 0 healing power.

Have you tested it in real world application?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Have you tested it in real world application?Already someone post on mesmer section, it's toooooooooo much broken.......go check the price of rune of torment..... this afternoon when I look into it it's 8g, now 13g...But be ware to buy it with such high price, ANET may change it anytime soon....

@CRrabbit.1284 said:

Sry, Mace 3 actrually can give you 3x3 = 9 targets totally, so itself can give as much as 9x4x170=6k healing per pulse, and its CD is only 8 sec while torment last 10+ seconds...

@CRrabbit.1284 said:

Have you tested it in real world application?Already someone post on mesmer section, it's toooooooooo much broken.......go check the price of rune of torment..... this afternoon when I look into it it's 8g, now 13g...But be ware to buy it with such high price, ANET may change it anytime soon....

But again, have YOU tested it in a real world application?

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

But again, have YOU tested it in a real world application?

I have and while it is strong I don't think it's going to be a big game changer. The biggest place you will notice this change is in roaming and when applying torment to people with resistance where they don't bother avoiding the application and you get free heals.

Remember forum, if someone is tanking enough torment to heal you to the numbers then they lost the fight by a considerable margin.

@Dace.8173 said:I imagine this works well in PvE but how well would it do in WvW? Does Renegade become more viable or at least surviving more encounters with the change?

Well it gives revs a bit more sustain but it's hard to tell in the current bugged form. Also the person I saw fighting wasn't using renegade and was fighting 2 people with really poor condition clearing ability. I think groups of 3-4 condition revs could really make for a bit of a cheesy comp.

Archived