FPS on new map

Huskyboy.1053

It's likely a combination of GPU hardware related and optimization for the map. I was having this problem on my 750 gtx TI and recently upgraded to a GTX1060-6GB and no longer suffer frame drops on Djjin.

What seemed to be the problem is the map just has a ton of reflections / shaders / polygon count that is overall higher than GW2s average area so people who meet the mid level spec requirements will see performance drops. This could be wrong but with all the water and stuff going on it appears to be the case.

What people can try is:

1. Change your settings for lower shaders / reflections when on Djjin and see if it makes a difference
  2. Update/Refresh GPU driver ( or just buy a new GPU like I did kek )
  3. BlameBen

Most of the issues occur near the center, by the big water fall.I normally play the game with High shaders, but for this map I have to set to Low to get 60+ FPS. No other map has this issue. Oddly enough, only changing shaders to Low fixes the problem.

My system is a GTX 780, i7 6700k @ 4.2 GHZ, 16 GB of RAM and a 450 MB R/W SSD.Nowhere else in the game do I experience this type of spike, except for big zerg events in WVW and open world bosses. But even then, it's not as impactful as how it is in the Djinn map.

1080 gtx overclocked and an overclocked i5 2500k to 4.5ghz. 16 gig ram and an ssd.Doesnt mather the settings even if i turn every graphic option down both in game and nvidia drivers or all on highest possible.The new map kills fps in the middle of the map where it drops to 30 from 60-100 on other places in the map. Its not optimized as other maps where i get constant 100+ fps. Again, settings dont mather and all drivers are up to date. Your new content makers are probably overdoing it on the 20 year old engine xD

• ArenaNet Staff

@Menzo.2185 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:For you folks having fps issues, what graphic settings are you running at?

What graphic settings I must have to comfortably play all game modes? Minimum requirements is not, so what is?

Can't really answer that for you, since it will depend on your pc specs. We'll keep working on some optimizations.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:For you folks having fps issues, what graphic settings are you running at?

What graphic settings I must have to comfortably play all game modes? Minimum requirements is not, so what is?

Can't really answer that for you, since it will depend on your pc specs. We'll keep working on some optimizations.

What are the best graphics options for me to use having a GTX1050??I use everything in "High" and "Character Model Limit" in lowest. But I can't get 60FPS all the time.

Everything low. It's the foliage causing the FPS issues I believe. If you compare them to the trees in the HotM, I see so many more individual leaves rendering even on min settings.

Also, the map looks very nice but the side nodes are very cramped and camera angles are very awkward due to the high buildings. I think people would have an easier time if a few things were changed:

1. Less foliage/less detailed textures when at lowest settings
  2. Building height reduced/more spread out
  3. Hallways need to be widened

Lastly, trees that hang over points is a big NO-NO. It makes it impossible for people to play with their camera in the air because we're constantly seeing a ton of leaves in the way. The left point on the map suffers from this issue I believe. And, this point also feels extremely cramped.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Everything low. It's the foliage causing the FPS issues I believe. If you compare them to the trees in the HotM, I see so many more individual leaves rendering even on min settings.

Also, the map looks very nice but the side nodes are very cramped and camera angles are very awkward due to the high buildings. I think people would have an easier time if a few things were changed:
  1. Less foliage/less detailed textures when at lowest settings
  2. Building height reduced/more spread out
  3. Hallways need to be widened

Lastly, trees that hang over points is a big NO-NO. It makes it impossible for people to play with their camera in the air because we're constantly seeing a ton of leaves in the way. The left point on the map suffers from this issue I believe. And, this point also feels extremely cramped.

Yeah this is a problem at some areas on Foefire, very annoying.

Archived