Fresh lvl 80 : some question

Ahrijlaken.9541

I already unlocked my first Mount and my glider.

• Im working on geeting HP : Are the easy HP ( no fight ) enough to unlock both Elite spec throught all HOT and POF maps ? Cause i can't solo the fight from HP ( and no train group exist ).

• Im working on getting XP to unlock masteries ... but because there is no heart anymore we can get XP only with event and metas right ? Can i do Event alone cause monster rekt me right now? Do a timer exist for the basic ramdom event so i can be in the right place when event happen to farm it non stop ? What is the best to do to quickly get XP to unlock masteries ?

Right now i just walk everywhere looking for event to get XP, i feel like i waste i lot of time doing that. Must be a tool to know when they pop.

• Can Story XP be used to unlock masteries quicker ?

• If i buy full set of exotic armor/weapon can i be ready to try fractal lvl 1 to 25 ? people still doing low lvl fractal ?

• As a guardian what spec should be my first, DH or FB ? Base spec can be enought for open pve so FB first can help during group event, good idea ? Or we don't realy care ?

• What should be my next goal ?

1. Mount 2. Gilder 3. Getting exo gear 4. HP for Elite + XP for masteries 5. Doing Fractal + PVP to get the ascend pink stuff ? 6.?

First thing you need to know is Mastery exp is by region. HoT exp will get you HoT mastery.Get the exotic gear, start fractals on core guardian 1-25 is doable, after you done first 10 daily you will have enough for 1 ascended ring

After you got the gear.Verdant brink is a good start for HoT masteries, also HP trains run from this map quite often. I would go for DH firstIstan is a good place for PoF masteriesSilverwastes are a for core expThose are a non-stop group content done by people regularly, just join the zerg on map.Srory exp works as wellGlider and mounts are both usable. All you need is first chapter of HoT and PoF.

@Ahrijlaken.9541 said:

• Im working on geeting HP : Are the easy HP ( no fight ) enough to unlock both Elite spec throught all HOT and POF maps ? Cause i can't solo the fight from HP ( and no train group exist ).

Sadly HP battles are a little overtunned for an inexperienced player, you can beat them yes, but its a little hard if you dont know to sustain yourself. I suggest you to just join a HP train when you find one, or try to beat these bosses by yourself, its possible, but just a little hard.

• Im working on getting XP to unlock masteries ... but because there is no heart anymore we can get XP only with event and metas right ? Can i do Event alone cause monster rekt me right now? Do a timer exist for the basic ramdom event so i can be in the right place when event happen to farm it non stop ? What is the best to do to quickly get XP to unlock masteries ?

Mastery EXP works the same as your leveling, story gives you exp yes, you can try dungeons if you find groups, or fractals, or anything that you'd normally do to level your character. Just take in mind that there will be a point where you wont have enoug mastery points and you'll end up basically grinding them.

Right now i just walk everywhere looking for event to get XP, i feel like i waste i lot of time doing that. Must be a tool to know when they pop.

• Can Story XP be used to unlock masteries quicker ?As I said above, yes
  • If i buy full set of exotic armor/weapon can i be ready to try fractal lvl 1 to 25 ? people still doing low lvl fractal ?Yes, you can do Fractals with exotic equipment, after Fractal lvl 21 you'll need Agony Resistance which can only be equipped on ascended gear. fortunately AScended Trinkets are easy to get so you'll have enough AR to play all of T3 Fractals giving you use only +9 Agony Infuions and the only thing you're missing is Ascended Equipment and Ascended Weapons.

1. Mount 2. Gilder 3. Getting exo gear 4. HP for Elite + XP for masteries 5. Doing Fractal + PVP to get the ascend pink stuff ? 6.?Get an decent economy for unlocks. but basically the endgame content is:

• Unlocks or completition, like wardrobe, achievements, map, etc etc
  • Fractals T4 grind, basically one of the most profitable content of the game (and its fun content imo). Just dont underestimate Fractals T4 because is hard content, way harder than some Dungeons.
  • Fractals 99 and 100CM, it might be challenging and fun as it will be frustrating, its up to you I think, but you net like 4g average and like 300 fractal relics doing both (I do it for fun and because i want the Fractal God Title)
  • Raids, you dont need ascended equipment for this one, but its definitely the hardest PVE content of the game and it can be considered the absolute endgame, you'll just need a lot of preparation to start them.
  • sPvP or WvW, Player vs Player interactions is always the best endgame content on any multiplayer since you're not limited to just AI and the outcome is never the same, is just the thrill of the battle, although i'm concious that sPvP may be nuts at times and that not everyone is fond of fighting against other players, up to you too.
  • Make and learn other classes, there is a good variety of builds that you can try out on Fractals T4 and other game contents.
  • But most of all, Fashion Wars is the true endgame content

@"Ahrijlaken.9541" said:

If the good farming metas are map based they happen non-stop (like SW). For those on a global timer you can use the wiki page: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timersHoT metas on timer are very good ways to get XP. Make sure your PC clock is correct because the page uses it to tell you the times. Also look for a squad at least 15 minute before the event if not more. Most maps will be full by the time the event comes.

Also do story, achievements and adventures. Also good XP and more important mastery points sources.

@Ahrijlaken.9541 said:I already unlocked my first Mount and my glider.

There are 16(18 with mounts) that are definitely soloable for HoT with the rest depending on skill/build. Some also require a mastery. Getting help with the frog HP in verdant brink should also be relatively easy so that is 19 since you mentioned PoF.

Pretty much all the PoF ones are soloable with maybe 2 that are slightly tougher.

You need a total of 25 for 250 points per elite spec. You can also fill in some with the core HPs.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Ahrijlaken.9541" said:I already unlocked my first Mount and my glider.

• Can Story XP be used to unlock masteries quicker ?

• If i buy full set of exotic armor/weapon can i be ready to try fractal lvl 1 to 25 ? people still doing low lvl fractal ?

• As a guardian what spec should be my first, DH or FB ? Base spec can be enought for open pve so FB first can help during group event, good idea ? Or we don't realy care ?

1. Mount 2. Gilder 3. Getting exo gear 4. HP for Elite + XP for masteries 5. Doing Fractal + PVP to get the ascend pink stuff ? 6.?

There are definitely enough HPs between PoF and HoT to unlock at least one and probably both elite specs.

On the HoT event cycle, each map runs on a set timer. For example, the Tangled Depths boss event occurs every 2 hours at the half-hour mark while the Auric Basin meta occurs every 2 hours at the hour mark, exactly 30 minutes after the Tangled Depths meta. Verdant Brink works a little differently as there is a day/night cycle. Day begins at the same time as the TD meta, lasts 1:15, then the night cycle begins. Night lasts 45 minutes total, with bosses spawning in the final 20 minutes. Once the boss phase ends you have 10 minutes until the cycle begins again with day. The final map, Dragon's Stand, is also different. It's a 2 hour cycle on the hour like AB, but the entire thing is one long chain of events requiring 3 squads and ending with a boss battle. You can keep track of these event cycles using this site: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers

When these boss events (often referred to as the meta) aren't going on, each area of the map (except DS) has an event chain. These are also group events however, so you'll probably want to look for other players doing them. On HoT maps there is a progress bar on the right side of your screen which shows event chain progress for whichever area of a map you happen to be in. It will also tell you a brief description of the event in progress. If you don't know where to find that particular event, try looking the event chain up on the wiki and it should tell you the general area to go to. For example, if you needed to find a particular event in the Verdant Brink day cycle you could go to the event timers page link above, click on daytime, and it would take you to this page: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Securing_Verdant_Brink

Note: You can open your browser and search the wiki directly from the game by typing /wiki into your chat bar (e.g. /wiki event timers).

Story exp should go toward the related expansion's mastery experience. So if you do HoT story content, that experience should be good for HoT mastery experience.

T1 fractals are generally very easy and forgiving, so you should be fine joining groups there. However, to avoid issues I would make it clear to the group you're joining that you're new to fractals. If they're just looking for a quick, easy daily completion you may want to find a different group so you don't hold them back. However, in T1 this is usually not a big deal as it's quite easy to carry several new players through them without issue on most of the fractals.

You could go either way on guardian specs. FB is a better support spec, but DH is a high burst damage spec which should be excellent for fractals. DH is also a great open world spec for the same reason. I'd just take a look at the specs and decide for yourself which seems more appealing. You'll unlock both in time anyway.

Your goal list looks good. You can work on much of it simultaneously. Unlock HoT/PoF masteries while you work through storyline and map completion as well as unlocking your elite specs. Get exotic gear appropriate to your build as you go. Getting ascended gear is going to be more of a long-term goal, done piece by piece. It costs a lot of gold to craft this gear and finding individual pieces with the right stats in fractals is going to be very slow going, particularly at T1.

@"Ahrijlaken.9541" said:

I do T4 fractals daily as Core Guardian. Don't be misled into thinking that elites are always strait upgrades to core; though that is the case for the majority of the professions, Guardian and Warrior stand out as professions that can put out competitive DPS running core traits. I'd even argue that core guardian is better for fractal play than DH because they add some helpful utility in group settings.

In my opinion your next goal should be to head back to Path of Fire and work on unlocking Mastery 3 for the Raptor, Canyon Jumping, which will enable you to reach the content required to get the 2nd mount, the Springer https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Springer. The ability for vertical jumping makes map completion, hearts, vistas, etc SOOO much easier.

Use this guide to help you get the Mastery points needed: http://dulfy.net/2017/09/26/gw2-path-of-fire-mastery-insights-guide/

After that, as others above have suggested, I would definitely work to complete the various Metas in HoT. Many have achievements that give Mastery Points, and the XP awarded is very high.

For hero points in HoT I used

http://dulfy.net/2015/10/25/gw2-verdant-brinks-hero-points-guide/http://dulfy.net/2015/10/26/gw2-auric-basin-hero-points-guide/http://dulfy.net/2015/10/27/gw2-tangled-depths-hero-points-guide/

It's not enough for a full elite spec but with PoF you can get one fully unlocked

PoF is mostly solo-able, I followed the below guild

@Kylen.7581 said:I'm a new level 80 necromancer with a specialization of Reaper. The first thing I was able to train was wielding a Greatsword. I have one, but I can't equip it. Why would that be?

Make sure to have selected the Reaper trait line as third trait line in your character traits menu.

All trait line unlocks, similar to the base trait lines, only take effect when the actual trait line is equiped/in your build.

Archived