Rox and the Olmakhan (possible spoilers)

Ashantara.8731

@Ashantara.8731 said:So... no one else excited that we see Rox wearing Olmakhan gear in the trailer for the upcoming episode?? :)

She seems to have finally found a home. I wonder if Rytlock will address the issue - after all, he was quite rough on her and supported her being cast out from Charr society.

I'm just glad to see more Rox in general. She's the only good Charr in Dragon's Watch (in my opinion).

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Dante.1763 said:To be honest i didnt even think about it till now, maybe shell get some development for once!

That would be great. She has been the only consistent, non-whiny, 100% reliable character among our companions - she deserves the love. ;)

Don't get too attached. Wouldn't surprise me now that she has found her spiritual home and family, she will be a casualty of the fight ahead. It's a very Anet thing to do!

@Ashantara.8731 said:So... no one else excited that we see Rox wearing Olmakhan gear in the trailer for the upcoming episode?? :)

She seems to have finally found a home. I wonder if Rytlock will address the issue - after all, he was quite rough on her and supported her being cast out from Charr society.

I am for one excited, I also feel that the Olmakhan will become the new fourth legion replacing the Flame/gold legion. Giving the Charr four legion's once again and them maybe a new Khan coming fourth.

@starhunter.6015 said:I am for one excited, I also feel that the Olmakhan will become the new fourth legion replacing the Flame/gold legion. Giving the Charr four legion's once again and them maybe a new Khan coming fourth.

That doesn't make any sense, since the lifestyle of the Charr Legions goes against everything the Olmakhan stand for. Everything.

The traditional Charr don't have a sense of family. They poison nature with their industrialization. They don't understand inner balance but only (false) pride, they are too concerned with their careers by making their way up the hierachic ladder in their ranks, with some malevolence between the legions, and they enjoy going to war (unlike the Olmakhan who only fight when absolutely necessary, have a society where common peace and happiness matters the most, i.e. a strong sense of community, and only kill what they need to survive and not for sport).

@Randulf.7614 said:Don't get too attached. Wouldn't surprise me now that she has found her spiritual home and family, she will be a casualty of the fight ahead. It's a very Anet thing to do!

I hope not! :o

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Brycar.2651" said:Yes! It caught my eye. I hope we get more of there gear. There were the never released decorated horns.

You mean these

Hmm the link doesn’t appear in your message above but I see it in the quote as I am typing this. Will see if the link works once I post.

I saw the horns on line and know some people got them during a glitch with gender change make over kit.

Is there an in game way to earn them? Maybe in a Raid or factel? I’ve not done Raids.

@Brycar.2651 said:

@Brycar.2651 said:Yes! It caught my eye. I hope we get more of there gear. There were the never released decorated horns.

You mean these

Hmm the link doesn’t appear in your message above but I see it in the quote as I am typing this. Will see if the link works once I post.

I saw the horns on line and know some people got them during a glitch with gender change make over kit.

Is there an in game way to earn them? Maybe in a Raid or factel? I’ve not done Raids.

need a makeover kit and your can change to them mate.

@Brycar.2651 said:Hmm the link doesn’t appear in your message above but I see it in the quote as I am typing this.

It does appear in the posts. There must be something wrong with your browser/settings, or it might be a bug with the mobile version (if you are using that).

@Linken.6345 said:need a makeover kit and your can change to them mate.

Still not a valid solution but a lousy workaround. However, this thread isn't about fashion, guys. ;)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Brycar.2651 said:Hmm the link doesn’t appear in your message above but I see it in the quote as I am typing this.

It
does
appear in the posts. There must be something wrong with your browser/settings,
or
it might be a bug with the mobile version (if you are using that).

I was there for me, but links are hard to notice on mobile when not in a quote-block. I honestly think they aren't even marked at all, I haven't ever been able to see them.

• 5 weeks later...

So, sad times ahead for Braham: Rox, his "sister" and adventuring companion, is going to leave him to stay with the Olmakhan. :/

Dialogue during the Oil Meta:

Boticca: "The two of you must go back a ways."Rox: "Me and Braham? Ha, yeah. You could call me Eirsdottir, and I wouldn't blink."Boticca: "Will he take it hard, do you think, when you tell him?"Rox: "It's...not a conversation I'm looking forward to."

:'(

@Eloc Freidon.5692 said:Considering that the new voice actress is trying to emulate the voice changing tech to make charr sound like charr rather than sound like Rox and let the sound team do their thing, I don't mind her leaving.

Wow, that's mean. ;) I prefer Charr to sound like Charr and not like cutesy-wootsy girls (one extreme) or like emotionless chain-smokers (the other extreme as heard from the male Charr PC).

@Ashantara.8731 said:Wow, that's mean. ;) I prefer Charr to sound like Charr and not like cutesy-wootsy girls (one extreme) or like emotionless chain-smokers (the other extreme as heard from the male Charr PC).

I got entirely different vibes from the male charr PC voice. It reminds me of Edgar Ott, the voice actor for Benjamin Blümchen in the german children's show with the same title. The new voice just sounds so much more grandfatherlike.Also, I suspect the german voice actor for Rox is still the same. I didn't find any difference between LS4 and before.As for the Olmakhan, they are a group of charr on a remote island living in and around the village of Atholma. I wouldn't be surprised if their population is a lot smaller than that of Ebonhawke and ultimately dwarfed by the major states, like Kryta, Elona, or the Iron Legion (let alone all four Legions). The training Olmakhan in Long live the Lich even mention, that they're closely knit, as far as their community goes, so there may be a few thousand charr living on the entire Sandswept Isles, depending on their geographical area.

Archived