Top 5 tricks to climb ranks! Doctors hate him!

Noz.4650

Seeing the influx of "climbing is impossible" posts, I thought it'd be a good time to shamelessly plug my PvP guide. If you can't rank up, it's either because you belong to that rank and/or you don't have the right attitude to climb. If you're stuck but open to learning, then my guide is for you. It wasn't updated this season but almost all of it still applies (have not played this season so feel free to tell me any needed corrections). I truly think that if you follow this guide and keep a good attitude that it can take you all the way to or near plat 3. And remember, just have fun my dudes...

The guide

@"eksn.7264" said:Seeing the influx of "climbing is impossible" posts, I thought it'd be a good time to shamelessly plug my PvP guide. If you can't rank up, it's either because you belong to that rank and/or you don't have the right attitude to climb. If you're stuck but open to learning, then my guide is for you. It wasn't updated this season but almost all of it still applies (have not played this season so feel free to tell me any needed corrections). I truly think that if you follow this guide and keep a good attitude that it can take you all the way to or near plat 3. And remember, just have fun my dudes...

The guide

Nice one, read it dunno if it will help but it did give me some info.Tho I think most people just leave again cus you have these so called pro players in Bronze all the way up to gold (never got higher) that tend to go completely ballistic on any one who isn't doing so good.

Me personally couldn't give a rats ass if some one is bad or good but there is far too many players who think they belong in top 10 cursing and blaming every one.

There's no guide how to deal with retarded wannabe top players.

@reddie.5861 said:

@"eksn.7264" said:Seeing the influx of "climbing is impossible" posts, I thought it'd be a good time to shamelessly plug my PvP guide. If you can't rank up, it's either because you belong to that rank and/or you don't have the right attitude to climb. If you're stuck but open to learning, then my guide is for you. It wasn't updated this season but almost all of it still applies (have not played this season so feel free to tell me any needed corrections). I truly think that if you follow this guide and keep a good attitude that it can take you all the way to or near plat 3. And remember, just have fun my dudes...

Nice one, read it dunno if it will help but it did give me some info.Tho I think most people just leave again cus you have these so called pro players in Bronze all the way up to gold (never got higher) that tend to go completely ballistic on any one who isn't doing so good.

Me personally couldn't give a rats kitten if some one is bad or good but there is far too many players who think they belong in top 10 cursing and blaming every one.

There's no guide how to deal with kitten wannabe top players.

Block them.

@Derenaya.3479 said:

Me personally couldn't give a rats kitten if some one is bad or good but there is far too many players who think they belong in top 10 cursing and blaming every one.

There's no guide how to deal with kitten wannabe top players.

Block them.

Could turn off chat also, point is then they go emo cus you didn't see this amazing pro telling you where to go.People just need to relax I think there's just less toxic players the higher you climb.Anyway but off topic so I'm out.

Thank you very much for this awesome guide :+1:

@eksn.7264 said:It is crucial that you reflect on your performance after every game and not just mindlessly queue game after game. I want to put the emphasis on your performance because it’s so easy to write off a loss to “your useless teammates”. We’re all guilty of this from time to time, but if this becomes your go-to explanation for every lost game, you will simply stop improving. Keep in mind that it’s equally easy to give yourself way too much credit for won games. I guarantee you that no one plays perfectly. This is why you should mainly focus on areas where you think better plays might’ve been possible. Developing your self-analytic skills will be integral to your learning process.

This is my favorite statement. Nothing to add here.

I have 2 points missing:

on the roles, every class has has some subrole that he also can do:Eg. Warrior as duellist, has the potential to pressure a single target to force the target to play more defensive (-> less dmg from the target for some seconds)

A mirrage also a duellist, has the option to portal or spike with the team.

Like i said it's a subrolle (second rolle), so it's more about carry the teams misstake and you don't want to fill this alternative rolle for a longer time, cause you get less effective.

The second point is about a 5th role: the allrounder: he is the best at being the second best. He is the most flexible but also difficult rolle cause he can do all things. He can buff, heal, rezz, roam, duell, hold, cc, dmg, has good mobillity and so on, but like said he has the biggest tools not the best tool. Eg. Druid

But i still think you did a great tutorial :+1:

@xp eke xp.6724 said:I have 2 points missing:

on the roles, every class has has some subrole that he also can do:Eg. Warrior as duellist, has the potential to pressure a single target to force the target to play more defensive (-> less dmg from the target for some seconds)

A mirrage also a duellist, has the option to portal or spike with the team.

Like i said it's a subrolle (second rolle), so it's more about carry the teams misstake and you don't want to fill this alternative rolle for a longer time, cause you get less effective.

The second point is about a 5th role: the allrounder: he is the best at being the second best. He is the most flexible but also difficult rolle cause he can do all things. He can buff, heal, rezz, roam, duell, hold, cc, dmg, has good mobillity and so on, but like said he has the biggest tools not the best tool. Eg. Druid

But i still think you did a great tutorial :+1:

Feel free to link the guide wherever you want!

For subroles, I get where you're coming from, but there's info I think needed to be left out as to not make the guide focus too much on specific meta by meta stuff. I want it to stay relevant to conquest as a game mode and general GW2 game mechanics, so things that are unlikely to change. It's one big reason why I didn't dive into matchup specific knowledge.

This is well done and nicely formatted. One personal opinion: I didn't click on this post for a while because I thought it was a dumb meme post. Turns out you actually put a huge amount of work into it. I would personally suggest to edit the title to something more professional.

Also another thing: I believe I saw you put in part of the guide that Soulbeasts can deny stomps by blasting stealth via Worldly Impact. This is not true: WI is a leap finisher.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:This is well done and nicely formatted. One personal opinion: I didn't click on this post for a while because I thought it was a dumb meme post. Turns out you actually put a huge amount of work into it. I would personally suggest to edit the title to something more professional.

Also another thing: I believe I saw you put in part of the guide that Soulbeasts can deny stomps by blasting stealth via Worldly Impact. This is not true: WI is a leap finisher.

Good catch! Hundreds of soulbeast games and thought it was a blast finisher this whole time because of the animation... I’ll swap it for something else, thanks!

Upvoting because more info is never bad, specially when it has good intentions. I will give it a read later when I get a chance to see if I actually agree with it though, wouldnt want to just upvote just because it is long and has info on it, but make sure it actually is a good learning experience for people and not one that misinforms/has biases. Will edit as I see fit.

Archived