When does event end?

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Hey there! The end date for the Lunar New Year celebration is February 12, 2019.

I hope you have a blast... ummm... quite literally, given the fireworks and stuff.... ;)

Thanks for the information, it is very helpful. Is there any way to see this in-game? I know that the Super Adventure Festival has/had a countdown timer in the top left for when the festival would end.

• 4 weeks later...

The festival did end on the 12th. All the decorations are gone, Dragon Ball is inaccessible, the magic find boost is gone, it's no longer possible to get lucky red envelopes etc.

Although Black Lion Chests are often themed around a festival or other recent event they're not actually part of them and don't always update at the same time. We're not likely to get new chests until the next release or big update, which is probably going to be episode 6. But the only difference between different themed chests is the black lion weapon sets included and the guaranteed item, and the 1-2 account bound cosmetics but those are often carried over to new chests, everything else stays the same.

@mirthful.2541 said:It’s February 18 and it’s still going on. Holding off using Black Lion keys so I don’t waste them on Lunar NY junk. When does it really end?

The Lunar New Year BL Chests were quite possibly the worst ones ever. I don't personally know of anyone who got anything beyond common (and yes, I know about RNG, you take your chances, buyer beware, etc.). Truly terrible drops.

@"mirthful.2541" said:It’s February 18 and it’s still going on. Holding off using Black Lion keys so I don’t waste them on Lunar NY junk. When does it really end?

BL chests never just "end" since there is no "default state" to return to - they change with the next release. Rarely, this happens at the same time a festival ends, but usually it's another week or two.

Archived