Jack of all trades class

eletrikid.1268

@eletrikid.1268 said:I normally roam and play weaver, holosmith and started to play more druid, I enjoy classes that can be a jack of all trades, put enough pressure, heals and mobility are my focal points in a class that i enjoy.Do you know more classes that play this way?

Well.., I guess it would depend on what style.

If it’s all roaming, it’s a little different.

Havoc, there are several classes that can swap between different roles, fairly quickly,

Zerging is a whole other animal.

@eletrikid.1268 said:Yeah all roaming, i like duels and roam without the boredom of a zerg.I played thief and necro a lot too but they are begining to fell...meh, is missing something and i felt like i was trying to include more healing, regeneration and things like that on them.

Necro just doesn’t have a really good option for roaming. (And yes, some can pull it off)

For small group, and maybe duo roaming, I run sword/x Weaver. Lots of buttons, and it helps to have a DPS person with you. Swapping to a staff for a Zerg encounter isn’t hard either. You may not get high ddamage with the build you would use roaming, but it does dish out CC and enough damage to be more than an annoyance, plus, if you learned the class well enough and had an extra set of armor, it’s not hard to make it hit hard.

I have heard rev is good for large groups and I’ve seen enough in small group to know they can do both fairly well.

Guardian: mostly from the support role but there are some high damage builds also, but.,

There are more I am sure.

I just lean towards ele as it’s my favorite class

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@eletrikid.1268 said:Yeah all roaming, i like duels and roam without the boredom of a zerg.I played thief and necro a lot too but they are begining to fell...meh, is missing something and i felt like i was trying to include more healing, regeneration and things like that on them.

Necro just doesn’t have a really good option for roaming. (And yes, some can pull it off)

For small group, and maybe duo roaming, I run sword/x Weaver. Lots of buttons, and it helps to have a DPS person with you. Swapping to a staff for a Zerg encounter isn’t hard either. You may not get high ddamage with the build you would use roaming, but it does dish out CC and enough damage to be more than an annoyance, plus, if you learned the class well enough and had an extra set of armor, it’s not hard to make it hit hard.

I have heard rev is good for large groups and I’ve seen enough in small group to know they can do both fairly well.

Guardian: mostly from the support role but there are some high damage builds also, but.,

I know and play sword/dagger Weaver, is my playstyle.What I want to know if there are more classes (excluding Holosmith and Druid) that play the same as the classes I described as solo roaming, maybe i wasn't clear on the post.Was thinking power firebrand, looks like a class that have sustain, pressure and some mobility.

@eletrikid.1268 said:

I know and play sword/dagger Weaver, is my playstyle.What I want to know if there are more classes (excluding Holosmith and Druid) that play the same as the classes I described as solo roaming, maybe i wasn't clear on the post.Was thinking power firebrand, looks like a class that have sustain, pressure and some mobility.

I can’t speak much to firebrand, but I am not sure anyone would say it’s high on the mobility list. :smile:

@enkidu.5937 said:I place my 2 cents on Daredevil, imo adds to your list quite well, sword-focussed propably more than staff-focussed. Healing would be replaced by dodges I guess.

Played Daredevil quite a bit, first the d/p with bound, is quite fun, then the sw/d with the unhindered, fun too but i dunno, I think my problem with it is it doesn't have sustain by healing, the ability to combo water fields and/or heal and outsustain a fight.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

I can’t speak much to firebrand, but I am not sure anyone would say it’s high on the mobility list. :smile:

I don't know for sure in terms of mobility, from what i saw it looked to have a decent mobility in ports and greatsword but i can't say if i can kite some groups.

S> @eletrikid.1268 said:

I don't know for sure in terms of mobility, from what i saw it looked to have a decent mobility in ports and greatsword but i can't say if i can kite some groups.

Good points, and again, it’s not a class I have any real experience on.

Good luck in your search. :smile:

@eletrikid.1268 said:I normally roam and play weaver, holosmith and started to play more druid, I enjoy classes that can be a jack of all trades, put enough pressure, heals and mobility are my focal points in a class that i enjoy.Do you know more classes that play this way?

Chrono is probably your best bet.Works well as a boonshare in zergs.Good Powershatter roamingand ofc, has that oh so lovely mesmer sustain.

@xZombieTaco.5809 said:

Chrono is probably your best bet.Works well as a boonshare in zergs.Good Powershatter roamingand ofc, has that oh so lovely mesmer sustain.

Does Mesmer have sustain? I know it can burst pretty hard and have a good back to back burst but i don't remember it having sustain. :open_mouth:

@eletrikid.1268 said:

Does Mesmer have sustain? I know it can burst pretty hard and have a good back to back burst but i don't remember it having sustain. :open_mouth:

Between distortion, Shield block, F5 skill reset, blinks/stealth, evade spam and vigor uptime, its virtually a monster if you run Chrono/Mirage and you learn how to play it well

@xZombieTaco.5809 said:

Between distortion, Shield block, F5 skill reset, blinks/stealth, evade spam and vigor uptime, its virtually a monster if you run Chrono/Mirage and you learn how to play it well

Oh yeah, that i know, i encountered a condi Mirage that managed to almost perma evade 3 people (me included), took a good 1 or 2 minutes to take it down, played as Weaver to clear all that codis otherwise we didn't stand a chance.Have to look into it more, still evades and things like that isn't was i was looking for, more like outsustain a fight with heals/cleanses and really drying up the opponent(s) kit(s).

They should make a thief elite spec called 'bard' that specializes in stealing shittons of boons from enemies and granting them to allies.Want to win a fight? Bring a bard.

I don't know why this thread made me think of that idea.

~ Kovu

edit- Obviously the theme of the profession would be music.

@Kovu.7560 said:They should make a thief elite spec called 'bard' that specializes in stealing shittons of boons from enemies and granting them to allies.Want to win a fight? Bring a bard.

I don't know why this thread made me think of that idea.

~ Kovu

Haha looks good, it already have boon removal/steal with steal and sw/d so is a little push, after the fuck up that is DE perma-stealth Thief. :open_mouth:

@Spartacus.3192 said:I play Revenant now. It can go from a zerg build to a roaming build by swapping a weapon and a couple traits in less than 10 seconds. So if the map gets too zergy i switch to hammer and every commander loves me. If i want to roam i go meta power shiro build and have fun that way.

Curious, do you roam in Zerk/Scholar or zerg in Mara/x? I find when I'm out solo doing dailies I'm pretty squishy in zerk/scholar gear, even with some Mara accessories. (of course with the usual burst damage out there, everything not Minstrel/Nomad feels squishy)

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Spartacus.3192 said:I play Revenant now. It can go from a zerg build to a roaming build by swapping a weapon and a couple traits in less than 10 seconds. So if the map gets too zergy i switch to hammer and every commander loves me. If i want to roam i go meta power shiro build and have fun that way.

Curious, do you roam in Zerk/Scholar or zerg in Mara/x? I find when I'm out solo doing dailies I'm pretty squishy in zerk/scholar gear, even with some Mara accessories. (of course with the usual burst damage out there, everything not Minstrel/Nomad feels squishy)

I used to be a mix of Marauder/Commander with durability runes. But right now i'm experimenting with a mix of Diviner/Marauder/Valkyrie with a couple of Cavalier trinkets for some toughness. 10% damage reduction food means i have no problems soloing camps etc. I just swap to hammer and take the Swift Termination and Assassins Presence traits plus swap shiro for Jalis when i join a zerg, Takes 10 secs and i'm good to go.

IMO scholar is really only useful for stealth classes that can burst with 100% hp and then run away to get full health again. As a rev sure you can burst with 90%+ hp but then after that im rarely above 90% so i cant use the benefit damage from the rune. I don't change any armor/trinkets between roaming and zerging.

Lastly and maybe other revs can chime in but as a power shiro rev you can stack 25 might in a blink of an eye so its really not necessary to have a power rune. You have more than enough damage to kill people. The trick is to stay alive when they counter attack you either with CC or condi or whatever. So i prefer defensive runes.

@Justine.6351 said:What you are looking for is a survival bunker with decent damage, sustain and mobility.HolosmithBoonbeastCondi Mirage

Yeah, that, good job in trying to understand what I wanted. :oBoonbeast? Didn't heard that before.Not a fan of condi builds but I think i can get a spin on that, good pressure, not sure on the Mirage and survival bunker.

Archived