Norn Thieves.

Magnedeus.4713

i have seen many norn thieves and have one myself, tho its the thief i used the least. (i just dont like norn walking animations so i cant play 'em too long)race has no real effect on a profession aside from racial skills/fashion, but racial skills are not really worth taking for most of the game.

the only minor thing i can think of is: in WvW many people do not run standard enemy models (me for example as it helps me memorize / spot each opponent better in small scale) now in a larger scale combat if you have a tiny character it will be harder for your opponent to keep track of you, then if you run a huge shiny norn. but thats again so minor, not really worth worrying about. and if they do run standard enemy models its even harder for them to keep track of you.

@Magnedeus.4713 said:

@Teratus.2859 said:There's no restrictions on making a Norn Thief although I think many players agree that the class doesn't fit the race very well for obvious reasons.

True. Norn are just bigger humans anyway. If that's the case, then i might as well just be a human, or an asura to be extra sneaky due to their small stature.

i do think thief can fit to every race in the game.you have those human bandits/thieves etc., asura has plenty of inquest assassins, charr got the ash legion, sylavri seem to be excellent thieves too looking at caithe and norn well becoming the snowleopard is the only racial skill with stealth and they are hunters so expert at stalking prey.

@"Magnedeus.4713" said:I made a lvl 1 female norn thief with the lowest height (still big as hell though) as a test and played around a bit. And i find it odd and kinda funny for this huge woman to sneak around killing people and not be seen.

I'm sure many people says the same thing when a bear sneaks on them. :)

I have a Norn Thief but I build her as a brawler/mugger rather than a sneaky assassin. Asura has this skill called "stealth without stealth" that's why they are more popular.

@Phoenixtwolf.9213 said:My main is a female Norn thief and I love it.Yes they are big (so a are the Char are tho maybe not as tall but they are big)but there is no deference wither how tall or short you make the thief it will not in any way (other then personal preference) have any affect on your game play

That's the power of Shadow Magic. You can go invisible regardless of size. Unlike the traditional RPG stealth mechanic of blending to the background (camo) or sneaking in shadows, stealth in GW2 is legit invisibility.

I actually had a Norm Thief but the size always ticked me off.

It's funny, yes, but the "arm's lenght" of norm sometimes is bigger than the actual range of the skill, specially with bigger daggers.After reaching the conclusion that I couldn't hit a proper Cloak&Dagger because of visual misinformation I just deleted it and made a small human.

Archived