Rune Armory

Balsa.3951

@Balsa.3951 said:with more and more ppl having legendary armor more runes are carried arround.

Suggestion

make all runes and Sigils consumable like a wardrobe unlock.

add some archivments in the mix like the Rune Stoner whatever just less messy everything

thanks

How would this work for people without legendary armor?

Or, they have heavy armor but want to play their light class who ‘only’ has ascended?

Or they can use the same set up as sPvP. Just have a drop down list of what you have bought.

Edit: Also in this scenario, if you buy the runes/sigils they become account bound. This way you can't buy them, unlock then resell them. Just salvage.

In essence, if you buy them and want to play the market you can resell. Right click to "add to wardrobe" then they become account bound.

As a quality of life improvement in general, I think it's great; I've long wanted an easier way to swap. And this would also make it easier to setup build loadouts (the time saving part of build templates). I think it's unlikely though, since ANet just upended the economy in order to support crafting of runes (and sigils). It's hard to imagine ANet undermining all that effort to create a system which reduces the demand to that extent.

Regarding the stated reason in the original post... I don't think the group mentioned by the OP is all that big.

@"Balsa.3951" said:with more and more ppl having legendary armor

According to GW2 Efficiency, about 5% of recorded players have a full set, 1% have two, and 0.5% have three. Of those, how many do you think carry around more than six sets of runes (that's the "break even" of those who would have carried a single alternative armor set)?

Rather than a wardrobe, it could work like the material storage, so that if you "store" six of a specific rune, then you can only use them on one character at a time. It's like today's system except it has an ease of use for replacing runes/sigils without all the existing hassle or removing / storing /inserting one by one.

However, there's a huge impediment to such an upgrade: it would make upgrade extractors irrelevant, and I don't think ANet will want to do that.

@"Skotlex.7580" said:Rather than a wardrobe, it could work like the material storage, so that if you "store" six of a specific rune, then you can only use them on one character at a time. It's like today's system except it has an ease of use for replacing runes/sigils without all the existing hassle or removing / storing /inserting one by one.

However, there's a huge impediment to such an upgrade: it would make upgrade extractors irrelevant, and I don't think ANet will want to do that.

This is something I have had the same thoughts of, also allowing the insignia/inscriptions/runes/sigils to be in a storage allowing us to select the stats of Acsended armor and weapons, this would allow more customization and allow us to freely swap and change builds so long as we have the correct number of those items in the armory we could do that for each character, such as 6 berserker insignia you could have 6 pieces or armor as berseker, or if you only have 1 celestial then you can only have one gear piece as celestial. This is account wide, so for 12 armor you would need 12 berserker insignia.

They could be stored in a separate section from the wardrobe, and one way to keep the upgrade extractor relevant is to allow them to only be removed from that section by that item.The could also even sell a slot increase, such as you can only store 14 of each type unless you purchase a upgrade for 28, and so on.

@Librascythe.3152 said:

@"Skotlex.7580" said:Rather than a wardrobe, it could work like the material storage, so that if you "store" six of a specific rune, then you can only use them on one character at a time. It's like today's system except it has an ease of use for replacing runes/sigils without all the existing hassle or removing / storing /inserting one by one.

This is something I have had the same thoughts of, also allowing the insignia/inscriptions/runes/sigils to be in a storage allowing us to select the stats of Acsended armor and weapons, this would allow more customization and allow us to freely swap and change builds so long as we have the correct number of those items in the armory we could do that for each character, such as 6 berserker insignia you could have 6 pieces or armor as berseker, or if you only have 1 celestial then you can only have one gear piece as celestial. This is account wide, so for 12 armor you would need 12 berserker insignia.

They could be stored in a separate section from the wardrobe, and one way to keep the upgrade extractor relevant is to allow them to only be removed from that section by that item.The could also even sell a slot increase, such as you can only store 14 of each type unless you purchase a upgrade for 28, and so on.

If you were able to freely swap stats, whats the point of making legendary armor, then?

@Voltekka.2375 said:

If you were able to freely swap stats, whats the point of making legendary armor, then?

not free u can charge it like tranmutation charges

so everytime u want raply u loose a rune except u have a rune extractor

why ppl are so uncreative ? think a little first u will find a answer of many of ur questions urself

@Balsa.3951 said:

not free u can charge it like tranmutation charges

so everytime u want raply u loose a rune except u have a rune extractor

why ppl are so uncreative ? think a little first u will find a answer of many of ur questions urself

You need to read who i quoted and why.

Something like this was suggested in a thread a couple of weeks ago. Although I think such a system would be great, I doubt it will happen because it would all but eliminate the demand for runes on an ongoing basis. After the recent update to how they work, I doubt Anet now wants to make them that accessible.

Archived