The Future of GW2

Zaraki.5784

Yeah, I think posting that guild wars 2 services won’t be affected was probably a little heat of the moment.

But to be fair, their update or not, common sense tells you it’s still going to be affected.

And wow, losing Josh Foreman? I assume he probably wasn’t even working on guild wars 2 for awhile and that’s why, which is kind of sad considering what he’s added to the game. But perhaps working on a new project was exciting to him, and in the end it’s probably better having people tired of the franchise move onto other products than get burnt out and have it reflect in their work.

A lot of big names leaving though. Makes this whole thing seem like it will be a lot worse than they’ve let on.

Then again, I suppose it’s possible that some of these people may have been higher paid and volunteered knowing that they have the capability to find work elsewhere potentially allowing more of the lesser paid staff to remain.

Who knows though. It’s definitely seeming worse and worse with each day. And I’m sure if veterans like some of these are leaving it’s probably complete chaos behind the scenes. I can understand taking a week to grieve, but it certainly doesn’t look promising.

@"Zaraki.5784" said:First this: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/69249/update-from-arenanet

Now this: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/69643/an-update-on-the-release-of-the-warclaw and the stream cancelled.

I understand what you're passing through but those two posts are totally opposite....

They aren't "opposite." A delay of a week for a single update is hardly a change in long term plans, especially since it's the one people were still working on when layoffs were announced.Imagine if even one key person working on the release was assigned new duties as a result of someone else leaving the firm. Without even considering the emotional impact, that might cause a sensible manager to reconsider the timing. And if more than one person is affected, if any are more than tangentially impacted... well, then it makes perfect sense to delay a release by a single week.

Especially since people are going to look at this release under a microscope (even as the OP is carefully examining the mere announcement of a delay).

tl;dr it's entirely expected under the circumstances; no delay would have been surprising

@"Randulf.7614" said:Does this really need explaining? Really? People lost their jobs today...

That's true also for the time of the first post, thay could've just said "We'll need a bit of rearrange" instead of saying "...we plan to continue a regular cadence of updates and releases."I understand it's a bad time, I'm not criticizing the dalay of the patch, I'm criticizing the post where they said that updates would have been regular.They just lost all credibility to me (they lost it long ago in truth).

@Susy.7529 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:Does this really need explaining? Really? People lost their jobs today...

That's true also for the time of the first post, thay could've just said "We'll need a bit of rearrange" instead of saying "...we plan to continue a regular cadence of updates and releases."I understand it's a bad time, I'm not criticizing the dalay of the patch, I'm criticizing the post where they said that updates would have been regular.They just lost all credibility to me (they lost it long ago in truth).

They said committed to regular updates and ls5. Nothing has changed or been wrong or inaccurate in that post.

If they’d said tuesdays patch was going ahead as planned, this thread would still be in bad taste but at least relevant.

Even if the op had a point, which they do not, it baffles me to think that this was felt to be a good time to make that point..

Archived