I hope next elite spec focuses more on our pet

Kain Francois.4328

Title ^

Soulbeast merges us with our pet and it does a lot of damage. Great. We finally have our petless ranger, and an amazing DPS spec. However, for our next elite spec, I'd like to see focus given again back to the pet, since that IS our class mechanic!

If Druid is our Heal spec, and Soulbeast is our DPS spec, perhaps elite spec #3 can be our bulky CC spec with frontline support? Kinda like what Scrapper is to Engineer right now.

Maybe they can bring back a mechanic from the beta, where the elite spec uses two pets at once in order to overwhelm the opponent?

They could even give Ranger hammer and call it... wait for it... Bunny Thumper!

A specialization that focuses on the pet will never guarantee us a place in the zergs, unless anet decides to reprocess the whole mechanic so that it works, this also applies in part to pve.I like the idea of ​​a hammer but I hope the pet turns into a new mechanic or plays an unimportant role so that ranger can actually have a first-line build

@"Revolution.5409" said:A specialization that focuses on the pet will never guarantee us a place in the zergs, unless anet decides to reprocess the whole mechanic so that it works, this also applies in part to pve.I like the idea of ​​a hammer but I hope the pet turns into a new mechanic or plays an unimportant role so that ranger can actually have a first-line build

I can think of a few ways it could work. Maybe the new spec could make the pet turn into a buff OR debuff machine depending on how you trait the line. Kind of like ranger spritits but on steroids. You could have a trait like "10s cd: If your pet is affected by CC grant 3s of stability to 10 targets in 600 meters. " or utility skills like "Vicious Presence: Increase damage taken by 10% of up to 10 targets within 600m of pet for 5 seconds" The numbers are probably off, but just an idea.

I was thinking about this before and enjoyed the idea of a ranger/engineer multiclass theme where you upgraded your pets with little technomancy augments, just because I enjoyed the idea of birds with laser scopes, bears with autoturrets on their backs and hounds with body armour. Almost certainly won't happen but still fun to think about.The other idea I remember seeing around was enhancing a ranger's ties to the land by going a legend/attunement swapping kind of route for essentially favoured terrains, which I would like as long as one of them gives a swamp witch kind of vibe.

I actually want an e-spec that replaces the pet as a mechanic.Druid slapped something onto the class, soulbeast enhanced it but i think replacing it with something like a directable totem could be cool. A ventari tablet as a class mechanic would make the profession more complex and something i would like to see.

@Kain Francois.4328

I like your idea.

When they introduced druid, I was hoping for something more akin to a wow Druid where you can 'Become The Animal' and stance swap for what situation is needed with more than a few abilities (UNLIKE a Druid or Soulbeast is now).

I would like something that turns you into a bear that lets you charge, maul etcOr a Cat that can stealth, stun, open with a bleedor a cheetah that can disengage.

That might be too much to ask, given the nature of this game and how skills are laid out with all the classes.But I would LOVE to see something like that.From talking to other players in game, I think they would enjoy the same.However, many of the playerbase, never played WoW from Releaseand never experience or understand the sheer amount of fun and enjoyment that a class like that offers.

I mean, Cmon, Boomkin!!

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:@Kain Francois.4328

I like your idea.

When they introduced druid, I was hoping for something more akin to a wow Druid where you can 'Become The Animal' and stance swap for what situation is needed with more than a few abilities (UNLIKE a Druid or Soulbeast is now).

I would like something that turns you into a bear that lets you charge, maul etcOr a Cat that can stealth, stun, open with a bleedor a cheetah that can disengage.

That might be too much to ask, given the nature of this game and how skills are laid out with all the classes.But I would LOVE to see something like that.From talking to other players in game, I think they would enjoy the same.However, many of the playerbase, never played WoW from Releaseand never experience or understand the sheer amount of fun and enjoyment that a class like that offers.

I mean, Cmon, Boomkin!!

Druidpower here :)If the next patch is at northern areas, I really hope they would bring a shapeshifter. I was really happy when I first saw norn racials but they turned out to be really bad. A ranger that can shapeshift to several animals would be wonderful! Imagine several rangers running as wolves like a real pack :)

@alain.1659 said:

I like your idea.

I mean, Cmon, Boomkin!!

Druidpower here :)If the next patch is at northern areas, I really hope they would bring a shapeshifter. I was really happy when I first saw norn racials but they turned out to be really bad. A ranger that can shapeshift to several animals would be wonderful! Imagine several rangers running as wolves like a real pack :)

yeah that would be fun.

Archived