Remember password.

• 3 weeks later...

@HardRider.2980 said:It saves it when you click the box to save, but if you use alt accounts, it only saves the last password typed. Not per email address.It also only shows *** not the actual password - obviously for security purposes.

Really?? Do I have to check the box? Oh no way.

I know it guys, I didn't born yesterday.Isn't working in my PC.And I have only one account.The box is checked and I have to type the password every time.

Delete %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat, and if it exists, Documents/Guild Wars 2/Local.dat. Open your GW2 folder and start Gw2-64.exe/Gw2.exe directly (do not use a shortcut). It should begin to patch, and if you had your email previously remembered, you should notice it's now reset. Enter your email and password, choosing to remember both, then click login. After successfully logging in (don't play the game), exit the launcher. Start it again, and you should notice the email is already filled in. Without entering anything into the password field, click login. If you can't click login, then your password truly isn't being saved and there's a problem with your user account, in which case you can try making a new user in Windows, or re-install Windows.

@JohnWater.5760 said:

@"HardRider.2980" said:It saves it when you click the box to save, but if you use alt accounts, it only saves the last password typed. Not per email address.It also only shows *** not the actual password - obviously for security purposes.

Really?? Do I have to check the box? Oh no way.

I know it guys, I didn't born yesterday.Isn't working in my PC.And I have only one account.The box is checked and I have to type the password every time.

I thought I had the same issue when I first did it but it turned out the pw had been saved. For some reason the **** in the field appear "faded", like you are supposed to fill it yourself but hitting login worked. If it doesn't for you then you 'll have to mess with appdata like mentioned above.

• 1 year later...

@"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:I thought I had the same issue when I first did it but it turned out the pw had been saved. For some reason the **** in the field appear "faded", like you are supposed to fill it yourself but hitting login worked. If it doesn't for you then you 'll have to mess with appdata like mentioned above.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!!!THANK YOU. I would have never figured this out.Anyone who thinks they have to type in the password (like the idiot that i was) just try to click on the "Log in" button, no matter how the PW-Box looks like. Chances are, it is actually saved but is misleading design (like AlexxxDelta.1806 said).

@ash.5269 said:

@"AlexxxDelta.1806" said:I thought I had the same issue when I first did it but it turned out the pw had been saved. For some reason the **** in the field appear "faded", like you are supposed to fill it yourself but hitting login worked. If it doesn't for you then you 'll have to mess with appdata like mentioned above.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!!!
THANK YOU. I would have never figured this out.Anyone who thinks they have to type in the password (like the idiot that i was) just try to click on the "Log in" button, no matter how the PW-Box looks like. Chances are, it is actually saved but is misleading design
(like AlexxxDelta.1806 said)

or add -autologin to the command line of gw2-64.exe

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...