Ranger's Rapid fire tracks invisible targets — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Ranger's Rapid fire tracks invisible targets

Xervite.5493Xervite.5493 Member ✭✭

The skill two on ranger's longbow, Rapid fire will track and channel all the way if you go stealth midway. Is that supposed to happen? I thought stealth breaks targeting.

Comments

• Warscythes.9307Warscythes.9307 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 6, 2019

@Xervite.5493 said:
    The skill two on ranger's longbow, Rapid fire will track and channel all the way if you go stealth midway. Is that supposed to happen? I thought stealth breaks targeting.

Is the same for channel skills, necro axe 2 for example will track as well.

• @Xervite.5493 said:

Yes. Once the "homing device" engages, you can't lose it (without the usual: line of sight, dodge, block, etc). What stealth does is prevent the initiation of tracking. Often, there's enough of a delay before tracking engages that quick reflexes can prevent that.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• XECOR.2814XECOR.2814 Member ✭✭✭

@Warscythes.9307 said:

@Xervite.5493 said:

Is the same for channel skills, necro axe 2 for example will track as well.

Except longbow has much more accuracy because of 1800 range and axe is spinning infront of necro in general direction of stealthed player.

• Faux Play.6104Faux Play.6104 Member ✭✭✭

Better to use a port skill to get behind the person or something if they get the channel off. Same rules for all channels in the game.

• Xervite.5493Xervite.5493 Member ✭✭

I see, thanks for the info guys.

• Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

If you use a leap skill just before they stealth it will also follow too.

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

IIRC from the old forum, a dev stated that is working as intended

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    IIRC from the old forum, a dev stated that is working as intended

Ofc it is.... lol @lamers.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.