outnumbered class — Guild Wars 2 Forums

outnumbered class

Tataienstein.7581Tataienstein.7581 Member ✭✭
edited May 18, 2019 in PVP

Hi! I want to get back into PvP Rank and WvW roaming. Both class look cool and i like 1vX encounter. I want to master ont class and spend alot of time. Which class gives the most room to improve and stomp people ?

Soulbeast / Spellbreaker / thief / engi are the one that attract me the most as i am very agressive in my playstyle.
Reminder: The discussion is as which class have a High skill ceiling so I can Gitgud. Not which is OP. i want to have fun and feel that I master a class and i am better than others.

Comments

  • @Psycoprophet.8107 said:
    Both are carry classes that are powercrept. Ull do great with either.

    What do you mean by « carry class » ?
    Powerful when master?

  • Psycoprophet.8107Psycoprophet.8107 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Ranger takes more skill to master and has some micro management but also has low skill floor to do very well.
    Warrior is strait forward across all specs. Warrior and spellbreaker are the better of its elites as beserker only has its zerk burst. Ranger is a bit less strategic forward and is good in all modes,warrior is wanted in all modes to for banners. If ur doing conquest warrior or spellbreaker will have u succeeding very fast and is good in higher tiers. Ranger has insane burst for it having so much range and is a noob stomper in lower tears but in higher tiers u need to be pretty skilled with it as alot of players will know how to avoid ur ranged burst. In wvw u can get alot of kills with sic em cheese build and just pew pew lol.

  • Kolly.9872Kolly.9872 Member ✭✭

    Strange you did't chiose thief...

    Seriously I would take soulbeast if you Just want to smash buttons in a random order and still have success

  • shadowpass.4236shadowpass.4236 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Both classes serve as duelists. Thus, both have a pretty high skill ceiling when it comes to winning all of the different matchups.

    However, I believe ranger is a lot more rewarding to play once you get good at it.

  • Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 15, 2019

    @Tataienstein.7581 said:

    @Psycoprophet.8107 said:
    Both are carry classes that are powercrept. Ull do great with either.

    What do you mean by « carry class » ?
    Powerful when master?

    I think it means whatever level you can play it at, you will be at an advantage against others on other classes at that same level.

    Or, maybe it means it can carry you to higher ranks even if you actually don't have the tactical skill or IQ.

    Are these classes carry classes? (_______________)

    Ranger would probably be the choice between those two, I think they have more variety in roles.

    Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

  • @Kolly.9872 said:
    Strange you did't chiose thief...

    Seriously I would take soulbeast if you Just want to smash buttons in a random order and still have success

    Its the actual opposite, the thread is aim at what class is Beyond good when mastered, What class separate a new commer to a veteran player. If skill floor is low and ceiling too i'm not interested at all. I want to practice and become good at that class. better than the majority. Something that i can take 1v1 1v2 1v3 when mastered.
    Thief looks gimicky and burst is low-ish. I don't really like always getting in and out of fight.

  • @shadowpass.4236 said:
    Both classes serve as duelists. Thus, both have a pretty high skill ceiling when it comes to winning all of the different matchups.

    However, I believe ranger is a lot more rewarding to play once you get good at it.

    On metabattle ranger use LB / GS. Is that the build i should go for? looks pretty simple but maby there are some thing i didn't understand yet.

  • TorQ.7041TorQ.7041 Member ✭✭✭

    @Tataienstein.7581 said:

    @shadowpass.4236 said:
    Both classes serve as duelists. Thus, both have a pretty high skill ceiling when it comes to winning all of the different matchups.

    However, I believe ranger is a lot more rewarding to play once you get good at it.

    On metabattle ranger use LB / GS. Is that the build i should go for? looks pretty simple but maby there are some thing i didn't understand yet.

    Yeah it's fun. If you change amulet and and rune to scholar and beserker you can basically instagib anything.

    Quicking>meld with pet>sic em>skill 4>skill 2. Can all occur within a few seconds. If not dead. Smoke assault worldly impact. The hard part is. If u get jumped on. You can die pretty quickly. Doesn't have the evade/blocks/ other defense stuff of a warrior, stealth of mesmer or holo.

    The key is to bind sight people

  • @TorQ.7041 said:

    @Tataienstein.7581 said:

    @shadowpass.4236 said:
    Both classes serve as duelists. Thus, both have a pretty high skill ceiling when it comes to winning all of the different matchups.

    However, I believe ranger is a lot more rewarding to play once you get good at it.

    On metabattle ranger use LB / GS. Is that the build i should go for? looks pretty simple but maby there are some thing i didn't understand yet.

    Yeah it's fun. If you change amulet and and rune to scholar and beserker you can basically instagib anything.

    Quicking>meld with pet>sic em>skill 4>skill 2. Can all occur within a few seconds. If not dead. Smoke assault worldly impact. The hard part is. If u get jumped on. You can die pretty quickly. Doesn't have the evade/blocks/ other defense stuff of a warrior, stealth of mesmer or holo.

    The key is to bind sight people

    But what about WvW tho? that's mainly where i will be focusing for outnumbered fight (1vX)

  • Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭

    @DanAlcedo.3281 said:
    Go Soulbeast and delete everything from 2000 range.

    Warrior gets actually nerfed.
    Soulbeast wont be nerfed ever.

    Save choice!

    Yeah, soulbeast seems to be getting buffed every patch with no stopping in sight.

  • Tataienstein.7581Tataienstein.7581 Member ✭✭
    edited May 16, 2019

    That's not really the point, i don't want to know which is OP or not. I'm looking at long term and we don't know what the balance gonna be. Which one have the ebs toutplay potential, which one can 1vX better. Which one is awsome when mastered at 100%. or is it just thief lol

  • TorQ.7041TorQ.7041 Member ✭✭✭

    @Tataienstein.7581 said:
    That's not really the point, i don't want to know which is OP or not. I'm looking at long term and we don't know what the balance gonna be. Which one have the ebs toutplay potential, which one can 1vX better. Which one is awsome when mastered at 100%. or is it just thief lol

    Honestly both classes have videos on YouTube where they 1vX. They can do this because the skill level in wvw is pretty low.

    So just play with the playstyle you like. Warrior is abit tankier and takes more hits to kill but is harder to connect. Ranger is more glassy. Both are awesome when mastered. Thief is the hardest out of all the classes. The other guy was just trolling. Thief is the hardest because you die basically in 2 hits from almost any class. And your damage isn't that high as sword thief. Dead eye on the other hand has over tuned damage that can instagib but very little defense.

    Long term both ranger and warrior are fine. They are anets core babies. Only thief gets nerfed over and over with no end in sight.because people cry about dying to backstabs and get annoyed they can't hit through evade.

  • Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Honestly, if you want an aggressive playstyle, you need to reconsider.
    You won't be successful/better than average on a duelist, especially vs another duelist, if you play too aggressively. There is a time for being aggressive, and time for kiting and defending. Purely aggressive would be something like Reaper which is a kill or be killed kind of playstyle.

  • kin korn karn.9023kin korn karn.9023 Member ✭✭✭

    Spellbreaker is currently a much stronger class than Soulbeast in higher divisions and ATs.
    Berserker is just a meme with insane bursts for culling plebs.

  • @Yannir.4132 said:
    Honestly, if you want an aggressive playstyle, you need to reconsider.
    You won't be successful/better than average on a duelist, especially vs another duelist, if you play too aggressively. There is a time for being aggressive, and time for kiting and defending. Purely aggressive would be something like Reaper which is a kill or be killed kind of playstyle.

    I said agressive playstyle not stupid facetanking. I want to outsmart and outplay. NOT kite forever.
    I like a class where i get to improve, adapt on the situation.
    I don't like a fix rotation where you always do your one shot combo wombo and start again.

  • Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2019

    @Tataienstein.7581 said:
    Hi! I want to get back into PvP Rank and WvW roaming. Both class look cool and i like 1vX encounter. I want to master ont class and spend alot of time. Which class gives the most room to improve and stomp people ?

    Soulbeast / Spellbreaker / thief / engi are the one that attract me the most as i am very agressive in my playstyle.
    Reminder: The discussion is as which class have a High skill ceiling so I can Gitgud. Not which is OP. i want to have fun and feel that I master a class and i am better than others.

    When you go to create a character, the orientation of the columns matters. ArenaNet purposely put the classes it thinks are easiest on the left (War, Ranger, Necro) and the classes it thinks are hardest (Rev, Engi, Mesmer) on the right. The ones in the middle (Guard, Thief, Ele) are supposed to be medium difficulty.

    Is this true with all builds? No. But it's ArenaNet's estimation of the skill level involved in each class.

    Meta builds are generally focused on maximum damage output and survivability for the least amount of effort. Meta builds will always be easier to play and more effective than other builds.


    The statistics for which classes are most played also follow this trend, with the most complex classes being the least played:

    https://gw2efficiency.com/account/player-statistics

    Revenant is the only anomaly because it was introduced in the first expansion, rather than at launch.

    The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

  • Tataienstein.7581Tataienstein.7581 Member ✭✭
    edited May 18, 2019

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    @Tataienstein.7581 said:
    Hi! I want to get back into PvP Rank and WvW roaming. Both class look cool and i like 1vX encounter. I want to master ont class and spend alot of time. Which class gives the most room to improve and stomp people ?

    Soulbeast / Spellbreaker / thief / engi are the one that attract me the most as i am very agressive in my playstyle.
    Reminder: The discussion is as which class have a High skill ceiling so I can Gitgud. Not which is OP. i want to have fun and feel that I master a class and i am better than others.

    When you go to create a character, the orientation of the columns matters. ArenaNet purposely put the classes it thinks are easiest on the left (War, Ranger, Necro) and the classes it thinks are hardest (Rev, Engi, Mesmer) on the right. The ones in the middle (Guard, Thief, Ele) are supposed to be medium difficulty.

    Is this true with all builds? No. But it's ArenaNet's estimation of the skill level involved in each class.

    Meta builds are generally focused on maximum damage output and survivability for the least amount of effort. Meta builds will always be easier to play and more effective than other builds.


    The statistics for which classes are most played also follow this trend, with the most complex classes being the least played:

    https://gw2efficiency.com/account/player-statistics

    ALOT of people says ranger is hard to master depending on build so is spellbreaker. that was 7 years ago when there was no elite spec

    The statistic are cool tho! Not alot of rev (due to expansion i guess) but engi and thief too

  • Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2019

    @Tataienstein.7581 said:

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    @Tataienstein.7581 said:
    Hi! I want to get back into PvP Rank and WvW roaming. Both class look cool and i like 1vX encounter. I want to master ont class and spend alot of time. Which class gives the most room to improve and stomp people ?

    Soulbeast / Spellbreaker / thief / engi are the one that attract me the most as i am very agressive in my playstyle.
    Reminder: The discussion is as which class have a High skill ceiling so I can Gitgud. Not which is OP. i want to have fun and feel that I master a class and i am better than others.

    When you go to create a character, the orientation of the columns matters. ArenaNet purposely put the classes it thinks are easiest on the left (War, Ranger, Necro) and the classes it thinks are hardest (Rev, Engi, Mesmer) on the right. The ones in the middle (Guard, Thief, Ele) are supposed to be medium difficulty.

    Is this true with all builds? No. But it's ArenaNet's estimation of the skill level involved in each class.

    Meta builds are generally focused on maximum damage output and survivability for the least amount of effort. Meta builds will always be easier to play and more effective than other builds.


    The statistics for which classes are most played also follow this trend, with the most complex classes being the least played:

    https://gw2efficiency.com/account/player-statistics

    ALOT of people says ranger is hard to master depending on build so is spellbreaker. that was 7 years ago when there was no elite spec

    The statistic are cool tho! Not alot of rev (due to expansion i guess) but engi and thief too

    In the adventurer class (medium), ranger is by far and away the easiest.

    Warrior has gotten more complexity over time, but I wouldn't say it's the hardest either.

    The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

  • Yannir.4132Yannir.4132 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tataienstein.7581 said:

    @Yannir.4132 said:
    Honestly, if you want an aggressive playstyle, you need to reconsider.
    You won't be successful/better than average on a duelist, especially vs another duelist, if you play too aggressively. There is a time for being aggressive, and time for kiting and defending. Purely aggressive would be something like Reaper which is a kill or be killed kind of playstyle.

    I said agressive playstyle not stupid facetanking. I want to outsmart and outplay. NOT kite forever.
    I like a class where i get to improve, adapt on the situation.
    I don't like a fix rotation where you always do your one shot combo wombo and start again.

    I'd still say reconsider. I never advocate for a particular class as I play them all, and Reaper, for example, has a surprising amount of complexity to it. Facetanking as a reaper will just get you killed a few too many times. For a skill class you want to play Thief/Revenant/not holo anyway.

  • shadowpass.4236shadowpass.4236 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tataienstein.7581 said:

    @Vagrant.7206 said:

    @Tataienstein.7581 said:
    Hi! I want to get back into PvP Rank and WvW roaming. Both class look cool and i like 1vX encounter. I want to master ont class and spend alot of time. Which class gives the most room to improve and stomp people ?

    Soulbeast / Spellbreaker / thief / engi are the one that attract me the most as i am very agressive in my playstyle.
    Reminder: The discussion is as which class have a High skill ceiling so I can Gitgud. Not which is OP. i want to have fun and feel that I master a class and i am better than others.

    When you go to create a character, the orientation of the columns matters. ArenaNet purposely put the classes it thinks are easiest on the left (War, Ranger, Necro) and the classes it thinks are hardest (Rev, Engi, Mesmer) on the right. The ones in the middle (Guard, Thief, Ele) are supposed to be medium difficulty.

    Is this true with all builds? No. But it's ArenaNet's estimation of the skill level involved in each class.

    Meta builds are generally focused on maximum damage output and survivability for the least amount of effort. Meta builds will always be easier to play and more effective than other builds.


    The statistics for which classes are most played also follow this trend, with the most complex classes being the least played:

    https://gw2efficiency.com/account/player-statistics

    ALOT of people says ranger is hard to master depending on build so is spellbreaker. that was 7 years ago when there was no elite spec

    The statistic are cool tho! Not alot of rev (due to expansion i guess) but engi and thief too

    Are you on NA? I can duel you on a variety of builds for both ranger and warrior if that would help you make up your mind.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.