Warhorn Master doesn't advance — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Warhorn Master doesn't advance

Hello,

I would like to get this one done and unfortunately progress is blocked.

With my necro, I have tried killing ambient creatures in instances and also in the open world, and the achievement does not advance.

I have not tried other classes, I will do so and post back.

Is this a known issue? I do not see any record of it.

Comments

• https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weapon_Master#Weapon_Master
    To acquire weapon-related achievements, the last hit must be dealt with that particular weapon a specific number of times. Only the weapon related to the weapon skill that strikes the killing blow will earn a point. If the target dies from any other source of damage such as Pets, trait effects, condition damage or most utility skills no credit is given, although several utility skills count as kills from a certain weapon.

With necro, it helps to remove the main hand and just use Warhorn 5.

Hype is the path to the dark side. Hype leads to unfulfilled expectations. Disappointment leads to anger. Anger leads to disgust. Disgust leads to "oh, new shinies! I'm back!"

• I tried removing main hand weapon, no luck. I also tried elementalist with no main hand weapon. The warhorn kill count is not advancing. Strange, because shield kills are advancing their count.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Weapon_Master#Weapon_Master
    To acquire weapon-related achievements, the last hit must be dealt with that particular weapon a specific number of times. Only the weapon related to the weapon skill that strikes the killing blow will earn a point. If the target dies from any other source of damage such as Pets, trait effects, condition damage or most utility skills no credit is given, although several utility skills count as kills from a certain weapon.

Warhorn 5 dont work on necro after the change to it, its not counted as a warhorn skill anymore

• Tempest kills with warhorn are counting. It's necro kills that don't count.

• MysticReaper.4318MysticReaper.4318 Member ✭✭
    edited October 9, 2019

@Linken.6345 said:

Warhorn 5 dont work on necro after the change to it, its not counted as a warhorn skill anymore

why did anet change it?

@MysticReaper.4318 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

why did anet change it?

No idea why the deamed it not a warhorn skill anymore mate.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭

more easy way create new char - ranger, and use warhorn.
    also keep attention - this count ONLY killng blows from you AND that weapon skill, if you use util skill or another wep at blow - it not count.
    so if u wiht necro spamm f1 f2 f3 f4 and put conditions, you descrease chance to get +1 to warhorn achiv.

• @Linken.6345 said:

@MysticReaper.4318 said:

@Linken.6345 said:

why did anet change it?

No idea why the deamed it not a warhorn skill anymore mate.

locust swarm still does dot damage.

• @lare.5129 said:
    more easy way create new char - ranger, and use warhorn.
    also keep attention - this count ONLY killng blows from you AND that weapon skill, if you use util skill or another wep at blow - it not count.
    so if u wiht necro spamm f1 f2 f3 f4 and put conditions, you descrease chance to get +1 to warhorn achiv.

tyvm for the workaround.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2019

Some weapon achievements are impossible to achieve due to the count mechanic. It's ridiculous; you have used the weapon thousands of times, yet the game insist you haven't, because of some weapon skill mechanic.

Every kill should count for the equipped weapon(s), regardless of whether the respective weapon finished the enemy or not.

• lare.5129lare.5129 Member ✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:
    Some weapon achievements are impossible to achieve due to the count mechanic. It's ridiculous; you have used the weapon thousands of times, yet the game insist you haven't, because of some weapon skill mechanic.

Every kill should count for the equipped weapon(s), regardless of whether the respective weapon finished the enemy or not.

And we have achievements that you described, they named https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Slayer
    example Kill 1000 ogres. They count every kill )

one more moment - achievement progress is long if you check it each time, but if you put on druid warhorn, spam all skill and get pleasure from game-play - progress is incredibly fast

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

Actually you can finish most of the land weapons while AFK ...

for warhorn I would go tempest since thier warhorn skills are aoe compared to ranger 4

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Linken.6345 said:
    for warhorn I would go tempest since thier warhorn skills are aoe compared to ranger 4

and 5 skills instead of 1

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.