Welcome to PoF's Beta PvP... balance is so bad, it's ruining MMR.

Saiyan.1704

Sad but true...

I used to be in Plat T2, hit 1700 when patch hit. I won a few games with FB but steadily went down hill fast thanks to the fact that FB can't handle power bursts and... players were getting better on their soon-to-be meta builds.

Here's the sad kicker, I have about 2 hours on Spellbreaker and the class already ended my losing streak. I'm confident I can; at the very least, keep my Plat rating with a class I don't even main. If you think that's a slap in the face, think about how disappointed I am with Firebrand's ineffectiveness - in every role except the punching bag one.

The reason there's no long term Beta or Test Server is the exact reason why Stronghold is a failed gamemode (must have took a lot of dev time there) and the exact reason why Platinum Division is a disgusting mess atm. It's because Anet lacks the resources to make any of these items happen.

On the bright side, I hear the PvE is pretty neat. I should try that someday, maybe.

@Kilthorn.8921 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:Aww what :( I thought we were onto something with the bunker build! I quite liked it!

It may be good after Scourge and Spellbreaker are tuned down. They're both hard counters to FB bunker, but they're grossly OP atm.

I much prefer this meta than guardiansx2 meta

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Kilthorn.8921 said:

@kKagari.6804 said:Aww what :( I thought we were onto something with the bunker build! I quite liked it!

It may be good after Scourge and Spellbreaker are tuned down. They're both hard counters to FB bunker, but they're grossly OP atm.

I liked the meta pre-hot. Although I didnt main my mes then or now really. Idk if my celestial builds will still be competitve (some were removed from game entirely like support/plague nec) but some like ranger might not be viable anymore. I quit then partially/mostly due to format/conquest and not seeing anything good in coming up stronghold not due to meta the meta with celestial was better.

@R E F L H E X.8413 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@Kilthorn.8921 said:

I liked the meta pre-hot. Although I didnt main my mes then or now really. Idk if my celestial builds will still be competitve (some were removed from game entirely like support/plague nec) but some like ranger might not be viable anymore. I quit then partially/mostly due to format/conquest and not seeing anything good in coming up stronghold not due to meta the meta with celestial was better.

I liked the meta pre-HoT too...then HoT came alone with dragon hunters-scrappers-druid-daredevil and chronomancers and that ruined the PvP scene for years

@Lavyros.6258 said:FB is just bad in pvp, same way burn guardian always was. Why u would want to play it pvp, besides that it's new, is beyond me. For guardian DH is still superrior option in pvp. Same goes for about half of new specs, they are just not that good in conquest.

I've gotten in Plat on burn guard PreHoT, Post HoT too. I've typically ran symbolic Marauders last couple of seasons but burn DH on occasion depending on comp.

Your argument is invalid sir.

@Saiyan.1704 said:

@Lavyros.6258 said:FB is just bad in pvp, same way burn guardian always was. Why u would want to play it pvp, besides that it's new, is beyond me. For guardian DH is still superrior option in pvp. Same goes for about half of new specs, they are just not that good in conquest.

I've gotten in Plat on burn guard PreHoT, Post HoT too. I've typically ran symbolic Marauders last couple of seasons but burn DH on occasion depending on comp.

Your argument is invalid sir.

The problem with burn guard is that it damage comes from just burn, in heavy condi cleanse meta it's not good. And then u take fb and fb doesn't bring much to the table besides healing, on top of that necro is now most popular class, and necro has condi conversion on 5s cd. Do u see a problem here?

lol same here, was able to keep my ratings between plat t2 and 1 playing DH...PoF hits, and I drop to gold while playing firebrand...with DH got even worst results...went back to main(warrior) and started getting wins left and right. pvp is a joke right now, refuse to play the game at this point...right now the game is only good to collect my "free" full set of warbeast armor, after that i am done.

Saiyan, i thought you were finding success with bunker FB?

It works for me sometimes, since a SB can't get me off a point i own, and i can at least for a time, keep my team clear of condis even during double scourge fights, but occasionally there's only so much you can do if teammates insist on standing on ghastly breach to make your life harder.

I do agree though, SB and Scourge make it almost impossible for any other spec, aside from bunker FB, of having a place in this meta.

I really worry about this game after major changes. 1 profession that wasn't good in PvP becomes good (imo just good) another which was strong becomes strong, suddenly everyone on previous strong professions can't live with it and are screaming nerf! Going to end up playing with rubber weapons.

@shippage.1983 said:

@Lan.1968 said:I'll believe that once you hit top 10

funny how top 10 is just 1 person because he knows how to exploit this broken gamemode. Doesn't take a top player to realize PvP is absolute garbage right now, what's your MMR btw?

Haha , the fact that almost all top 7 spots are almost all one person and literally a small circle of kids match fixing to get titles in a dead game mode. No consequences either since anet will do literally nothing.

@Saiyan.1704 said:

Sad but true...

I used to be in Plat T2, hit 1700 when patch hit. I won a few games with FB but steadily went down hill fast thanks to the fact that FB can't handle power bursts and... players were getting better on their soon-to-be meta builds.

Here's the sad kicker, I have about 2 hours on Spellbreaker and the class already ended my losing streak. I'm confident I can; at the very least, keep my Plat rating with a class I don't even main. If you think that's a slap in the face, think about how disappointed I am with Firebrand's ineffectiveness - in every role except the punching bag one.

The reason there's no long term Beta or Test Server is the exact reason why Stronghold is a failed gamemode (must have took a lot of dev time there) and the exact reason why Platinum Division is a disgusting mess atm. It's because Anet lacks the resources to make any of these items happen.

On the bright side, I hear the PvE is pretty neat. I should try that someday, maybe.

If you think PoF has anything to do with ruining mmr... I don't even.

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

@Saiyan.1704 said:

Sad but true...

The reason there's no long term Beta or Test Server is the exact reason why
Stronghold is a failed gamemode
(must have took a lot of dev time there) and the exact reason why Platinum Division is a
disgusting mess
atm.
It's because Anet lacks the resources to make any of these items happen.

If you think PoF has anything to do with ruining mmr... I don't even.

To clarify... not saying you are wrong. Justvtgat its been broken waaaaay before PoF.

Archived