CoR, was it changed otherwise?

Justine.6351

@Justine.6351 said:Does CoR feel different to anyone else? I don't want to bias your perspective but I think I seen a couple changes myself but idk if I am just crazy.

I was thinking the exact same thing, which is why I came here looking to see if anyone else posted.

For one it seems like the aim is a bit off? Saw this last night in EBG and this morning on Red BL.

But I'm also noticing (thinking I'm noticing?) that the pulsing impact field takes longer to reach its end? Almost as if the increased speed they gave to Inspiring Reinforcement was leeched from CoR =/

It definitely feels different.The direction of the eruptions is determined on button press (or a short while after that), so if you change your character direction during the casttime the skill will not change direction. (I'm not sure if it was like that before, but it feels weird to me. I think the direction was determined on completed skillcast in the past)

The eruptions also seem to cut of early, like it used to be before they made a change for CoR to work better with terrain.

I noticed it as well. The aim of it no longer seems to follow your selected target and instead always just fires in the direction that your character is facing for one. It also definitely seems more buggy with catching on terrain or something now too. I never noticed the middle impact bug out and fail to cast with the first and last still being successful before the patch, but I did a couple of times yesterday testing it.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Does CoR feel different to anyone else? I don't want to bias your perspective but I think I seen a couple changes myself but idk if I am just crazy.

I was thinking the exact same thing, which is why I came here looking to see if anyone else posted.

For one it seems like the aim is a bit off? Saw this last night in EBG and this morning on Red BL.

But I'm also noticing (thinking I'm noticing?) that the pulsing impact field takes longer to reach its end? Almost as if the increased speed they gave to Inspiring Reinforcement was leeched from CoR =/

way slower and bugged post patch!

Fix please!

@"Knighthonor.4061" said:hahahahah this kind of funny in a way. some bugs get ya.

going down the staff path it seem. this will be interesting

At some point we've all thought "Why doesn't ANET tweak this/that a bit. I mean, what harm can there be?"

Sometimes it's safer if they just leave things alone =(

Yeah for me it seemed slower, not tracking even stationary targets properly and not completing it's cascade on even mildly non-flat terrain.

This cascade has been garbage forever and people keep asking for it to be nerfed in damage but it's like, please fix it first maybe? They actually made it's cascade worse.

@Raknar.4735 said:It definitely feels different.The direction of the eruptions is determined on button press (or a short while after that), so if you change your character direction during the casttime the skill will not change direction. (I'm not sure if it was like that before, but it feels weird to me. I think the direction was determined on completed skillcast in the past)

The eruptions also seem to cut of early, like it used to be before they made a change for CoR to work better with terrain.

I think... Once you get used to it, this will actually make the skill somewhat stronger (aside from the straight damage nerfs attached to it obviously), cuz you can kite/run away while channeling and still have the skill go in the original direction. Kind of reminds me of Camille's W in LoL.

The real challenge tho is if you even want to keep playing long enough to get used to it in the first place... ヽ(。_°)ノ

@narcx.3570 said:

@Raknar.4735 said:It definitely feels different.The direction of the eruptions is determined on button press (or a short while after that), so if you change your character direction during the casttime the skill will not change direction. (I'm not sure if it was like that before, but it feels weird to me. I think the direction was determined on completed skillcast in the past)

I think... Once you get used to it, this will actually make the skill somewhat stronger (aside from the straight damage nerfs attached to it obviously), cuz you can kite/run away while channeling and still have the skill go in the original direction. Kind of reminds me of Camille's W in LoL.

The real challenge tho is if you even want to keep playing long enough to get used to it in the first place... ヽ(。_°)ノ

I agree it could make the skill stronger if you get the timing right. Funny that you mention LoL, Blue Kayn's W was my first thought while trying out the skill ;)

@narcx.3570 said:

That would only be true if it had ground targeting. It would be like trying to land rapid fire without targeting the enemy.