Fractal LFG acronyms — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Fractal LFG acronyms

Just got all my ascended gear and tried to join some T4 fractals, but the LFG listings are loaded with unfamiliar acronyms:

• ess
  • hb
  • bs/pbs
  • LNHB
  • p+f

Im guessing hb and bs are healbrand and bannerslave. but I have no idea what the others mean...?

Comments

• Ess and lnhb are rewards from the challenge mode version of fractal 100. Ess refers to cosmic essences that people will ask others to ping for them as evidence of experience in that fractal. Lnhb is the title "leaves no Heroes behind" which you get for doing the entire fractal without anyone in your party dying.

P+f just means pots and food, so the group expects you to use consumable buffs.

• awesome, thanks! are there any others that come up often that I should be aware of?

• Pretty much what Cameron said, might see people use kp(kill proof) instead of ess every now and then as well.

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Winegum.2395 said:
    Just got all my ascended gear and tried to join some T4 fractals, but the LFG listings are loaded with unfamiliar acronyms:

• ess
    • hb
    • bs/pbs
    • LNHB
    • p+f

Im guessing hb and bs are healbrand and bannerslave. but I have no idea what the others mean...?

Hb - healbrand, might also be shortcut as hfb for healfirebrand. The alternative to this is qb or qfb for quickbrand/quickfirebrand

Bs/pbs - bannerslave warrior

LNHB - Leaves no Hero Behind title achieved

P+F - potions+food (and usually utility buff)

ESS vs KP might be a regional difference between US and EU since KP is far more common to get used on EU.

• @Cameron.6450 said:
    Ess and lnhb are rewards from the challenge mode version of fractal 100. Ess refers to cosmic essences that people will ask others to ping for them as evidence of experience in that fractal. Lnhb is the title "leaves no Heroes behind" which you get for doing the entire fractal without anyone in your party dying.

I have one big question
    Who are the people who use ess instead of kp?
    Honestly, I'd be afraid to join people who can't even use the proper lingo ;c

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@shejesa.3712 said:

@Cameron.6450 said:
    Ess and lnhb are rewards from the challenge mode version of fractal 100. Ess refers to cosmic essences that people will ask others to ping for them as evidence of experience in that fractal. Lnhb is the title "leaves no Heroes behind" which you get for doing the entire fractal without anyone in your party dying.

I have one big question
    Who are the people who use ess instead of kp?
    Honestly, I'd be afraid to join people who can't even use the proper lingo ;c

Probabely NA side never seen it in Eu lfg.

• Mouse.7382Mouse.7382 Member ✭✭✭

ESS is all we use here in NA. I never see KP.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Mouse.7382 said:
    ESS is all we use here in NA. I never see KP.

What do the na people say about kill proof=Kp that you get from raid bosses.
    Bdeco?