Why aren't Dragonhunter traps red (or a different color) when set by an opposing DH?

Saharo.5381

When I say "set by an enemy DH" I don't mean show me a red/blue/whatever colored symbol when it's set on the ground, a set trap should remain hidden since it's... a trap. Upon activation, there should be a way for you to distinguish friendly traps from enemy traps.

@"Fueki.4753" said:There is one way to distinguish between friendly traps or not: check which team the DH is on.There rarely are matches with more than one DH.

DH traps are light blue because it's there theme colour.There is literally no reason for the traps to be red.

So there is no reason for enemy AOEs to appear different from friendly AOEs? All other AOEs can be distinguished.

I've been in plenty of matches with more than one DH. Is "it's uncommon therefore a nonissue" really your answer? lolIf there are 3 DHs on one node, doing a rollcall is utterly useless. I'd like to know whether or not I should waste my roll dodges when traps are triggered because I would obviously want to dodge enemy ones and am fine standing in friendly ones, as with any AOE.

@"Saharo Gravewind.5120" said:When I say "set by an enemy DH" I don't mean show me a red/blue/whatever colored symbol when it's set on the ground, a set trap should remain hidden since it's... a trap. Upon activation, there should be a way for you to distinguish friendly traps from enemy traps.

@"Fueki.4753" said:There is one way to distinguish between friendly traps or not: check which team the DH is on.There rarely are matches with more than one DH.

DH traps are light blue because it's there theme colour.There is literally no reason for the traps to be red.

So there is no reason for enemy AOEs to appear different from friendly AOEs? All other AOEs can be distinguished.

I've been in plenty of matches with more than one DH. Is "it's uncommon therefore a nonissue" really your answer? lolIf there are 3 DHs on one node, doing a rollcall is utterly useless. I'd like to know whether or not I should waste my roll dodges when traps are triggered because I would obviously want to dodge enemy ones and am fine standing in friendly ones, as with any AOE.

Actually you shouldnt dodge the trap but the cc

@Tharan.9085 said:

@"Saharo Gravewind.5120" said:When I say "set by an enemy DH" I don't mean show me a red/blue/whatever colored symbol when it's set on the ground, a set trap should remain hidden since it's... a trap. Upon activation, there should be a way for you to distinguish friendly traps from enemy traps.

Ahh yes I can dodge the CC which is not in any way related to the visual cue of a Dragon's Maw triggering.It can also be useful to dodge the non-CC traps like Procession of Blades, unless you recommend standing in those too...

@Saharo Gravewind.5120 said:

@Saharo Gravewind.5120 said:When I say "set by an enemy DH" I don't mean show me a red/blue/whatever colored symbol when it's set on the ground, a set trap should remain hidden since it's... a trap. Upon activation, there should be a way for you to distinguish friendly traps from enemy traps.

Ahh yes I can dodge the CC which is not in any way related to the visual cue of a Dragon's Maw triggering.It can also be useful to dodge the non-CC traps like Procession of Blades, unless you recommend standing in those too...

But why would anyone run those two traps?

@Koen.1327 said:Hostile traps have red rings around them

thank you, I'll probably need to turn up my graphics & pay more attention to the base of the trap and not the huge animation in the case of Dragon's Maw.

@Tharan.9085 said:But why would anyone run those two traps?

Dragon's Maw and Blades are extremely common for an offensive DH to run in PVP. Most people don't bother with Meditrapper/Test of Faith anymore since the burst is pretty mediocre.

thank you, I'll probably need to turn up my graphics & pay more attention to the base of the trap and not the huge animation in the case of Dragon's Maw.

Dragon's Maw and Blades are extremely common for an offensive DH to run in PVP. Most people don't bother with Meditrapper/Test of Faith anymore since the burst is pretty mediocre.

Why would anyone run bad traps?

Medi trapper with ToF is the only functional setup with traps. FYI most of the damage comes from ToF passing in and out and LB 3. No one will ever sit in PB and it has not tools to keep enemies inside of it. Dragon maw is a terrible skill. If I am willing to play without RIi would go for feel my wrath not that none functional trap. And I would not. You need the sustainability to be all to even remotely contend.

@otto.5684 said:

Medi trapper with ToF is the only functional setup with traps. FYI most of the damage comes from ToF passing in and out and LB 3. No one will ever sit in PB and it has not tools to keep enemies inside of it. Dragon maw is a terrible skill. If I am willing to play without RIi would go for feel my wrath not that none functional trap. And I would not. You need the sustainability to be all to even remotely contend.

Really? I was under the impression ToF was not common anymore. I'd say over 75% of the DHs I've been seeing through Gold for past two or so seasons run Maw or PoB, if not both. Maybe I'm just seeing the same players. Is the meditrap build you're talking about LB/SwSh, or LB/GS? I know ToF damage comes from crossing the trap, but I've seen people dodge the F1 spear/tether fairly often and DHs only get one pass with the LB knockback.

Really? I was under the impression ToF was not common anymore. I'd say over 75% of the DHs I've been seeing through Gold for past two or so seasons run Maw or PoB, if not both. Maybe I'm just seeing the same players. Is the meditrap build you're talking about LB/SwSh, or LB/GS? I know ToF damage comes from crossing the trap, but I've seen people dodge the F1 spear/tether fairly often and DHs only get one pass with the LB knockback.

LB/ sword and shield. Power for DH does not come trap pull to ToF or other traps. This is basic. It’s about:

1) being consistently able to land LB3. Not just against targets you just pulled.2) using ToF for control and positioning.3) knowing when to attack and when to kite.4) knowing when and where to use LB4.5) knowing when and where to use LB5.

Dragon maw is a terrible skill. Sure, you may catch under skilled not expecting opponent. In more serious play, even if you manage to pull opponent to it, they will have at least 2-3 things to throw at you. And PB does not work at all, except against blind enemies. You are not going to ward enemies in and PB them either. And the sustainability sacrifice of not using RI on DH is extremely high.

The only setup possible with several traps is trapper rune. And that is mediocre.

Overall, DH is not a meta build, but can be easily taken to P2, maybe P3 if you know what you are doing.