Fastest gathering tools

Jojo.6140

I was looking around for a bit but the best info i got was this reddit thread and that is from 2018:https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/8bbwcm/science_exact_gathering_tool_speeds/

So i want to get some unlimited gathering tools since i dont have any and want to get the fastest ones, wich ones would that be? I assume the consortium sickle is still the fastest, but im not sure about the mining and logging tools.

Fastest is Consortium sickle for plants, and then Unbound Magic Logging Pulse for trees, and Unbound Magic Mining Beam for ore. There should be a new gathering tool with a timekeeper glyph coming out in a few days that says it has a 33% chance to finish gathering instantly. Not sure how that will be compared to Industry which is 50% faster gathering.

@Taylan.2187 said:Aren't they all supposed to be the same duration? You need upgrades to make gathering faster after all.

They are supposed to be the same duration, but it's buggy as hell and each skin has a different speed. There is also that bug on the Swarm Logging Flute where it's obviously supposed to gather 4 times, but the 3rd time never works and you just end up gathering 3 times just more slowly than any other tool because the last one takes ages to proc. So basically you pay for a downgrade.

@Vegeta.2563 said:Fastest is Consortium sickle for plants, and then Unbound Magic Logging Pulse for trees, and Unbound Magic Mining Beam for ore. There should be a new gathering tool with a timekeeper glyph coming out in a few days that says it has a 33% chance to finish gathering instantly. Not sure how that will be compared to Industry which is 50% faster gathering.

That fiery harvesting tool that summons the little screeching phoenix is very quick. Or is the Consortium sickle one of those that gathers the whole node all at once or something weird like that?

Best in slot?: Fused Molten/Consortium harv sickle + Focused solar logging tool + watchwork mining pick(If you dont cancel the animation from the tools then consortium sickle, and unbound logging axe, and unbound mining beam are the fastest without cancelling.)Heres proof that Fused Molten Sickle is equal fast as Consortium Harvesting sickle

For more see note by morbidel - https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/bx9z3u/unlimited_gathering_kit_speeds/( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1stw9RIOjS2ENOelHPhp494ne90e2G3xQNUUfmQ6mXBs/edit#gid=1489005975 )

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@Vegeta.2563 said:Fastest is Consortium sickle for plants, and then Unbound Magic Logging Pulse for trees, and Unbound Magic Mining Beam for ore. There should be a new gathering tool with a timekeeper glyph coming out in a few days that says it has a 33% chance to finish gathering instantly. Not sure how that will be compared to Industry which is 50% faster gathering.

That fiery harvesting tool that summons the little screeching phoenix is very quick. Or is the Consortium sickle one of those that gathers the whole node all at once or something weird like that?

same, i thought Fused Molten Sickle was supposed to be the fastest for gathering plants because it you can animation cancel it

with glyphs, reaper is still the fastest for node farmswhere as individual nodes, the new Timekeeper is too much to chance, lets assume it takes 1 second (easier to calculate) to gather a nodegather 3 nodes is faster with Industry at 1.5 sec whereas Timekeeper takes 2 secondsgathering 6 nodes Timekeeper needs to proc 3 times (50%) to be equal to Industry