Is the "Kingslayer" title even worth something anymore?

@"Cynder.2509" said:Nah, PvP has become too toxic for my taste as you're more reporting players than actually playing. Participated in a few leagues but that was long ago before that system gor revamped and things like chest rewards were changed. For fractals, I can say that i hardly ever do them as I hate pugging and do them always alone. For "Envoys Herald" I first need to get back into raiding (which is actually happening) after my previous static group became inaactive and disbanded with the release of w2. "Acolyte of Dwayna" is doable but very expensive to be honest. "I'm rich you know" isn't even worth the 1k gold to put into as it only gives 5 AP aside from the title. If it was 50 AP I'd reconsider it however. "Kegmaster" is also doable but it's wortless actually since it's not requiring any skill. "Exhalted Achiever" isn't prestige as well as there are people who already got past 40k AP which is an achievement. However I feel that you're only worth something once you have 35k AP.

But what you see as a measure of worth is not held by all players. What you might see as a grail is instead a voluntary inconvenience in someone's professional or personal life.

If I make a value judgement, it's based on how you interact with others in game - particularly noting teamwork and modesty. Play whatever content in the game you enjoy, but if I could humbly suggest not thinking about whether other players think you're "worth something" or not, you will probably feel better for it...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed it on my core engineer (no expansions). Was a hard bit of work. I guess figuring out the mechaniby myself ... and i'd had wasted thousands of tickets or have had to watch other players. Reading up on it on the wiki helped a lot. Still a hard fight. Since you need to avoid getting hit/stunned and stuff. And that through the whole fight (at least for the stunning stuff).

Even if you manage to remove shield/sword he can make it hard to even use a block skill once he starts hitting you.

Fortunately engineer has a possibility for a good mix of movement (normal movement speed with mechanical legs, gadgets) and some ways to avoid stun (elixir but I dropped this for another skill I had needed) ... and most important the battering ram. After his shield got removed it was easy to knock him back a bit as well. Which greatly helped in the last part for me.

Still a hard fight. Almost got a hard attack and need to calm down a bit now. Very intense and often I lost concentration at parts I already had trained. (Like when he is at throwing the sword I often knock backed too fast before he even had the bar up - wasting the skill.) Might be easier for other classes and with elite. For me it was pretty hard. But I'm not considering me to be one of the better players. (In fact I avoid dungeons/raids because I could fail annoying others.) But training and concentration for about a 3 minutes fight is possible.

Wouldn't say the titles is worthless.I still have Liadri hitting with 8 orbs left and about 100 tickets.

Any "worthy" title in this game in my opinion is the Ultimate Dominator. Personally I never take pride in pixel titles and achievements and I can't really relate to your problems with Skyscale (easy content, really, can't see why you felt special), raids, legendarys as they are really nothing special at all.

And not to say ultimate dominator is a hard title to gain- not at all. It's really one of the easiest, however it's the time that has to be put into the title that counts. Because I simply can not see anyone completing ultimate dominator is less than a year. If anyone has done it in less than a year, however, I feel deeply sorry for you, you need to do something about your life.

Legendarys can be bypassed with credit card, 250k wvw kills can't.

@CashCow.9548 said:And not to say ultimate dominator is a hard title to gain- not at all. It's really one of the easiest, however it's the time that has to be put into the title that counts. Because I simply can not see anyone completing ultimate dominator is less than a year. If anyone has done it in less than a year, however, I feel deeply sorry for you, you need to do something about your life.

If you think Ultimate Dominator takes time wait until you see Furious Achiever.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"CashCow.9548" said:And not to say ultimate dominator is a hard title to gain- not at all. It's really one of the easiest, however it's the time that has to be put into the title that counts. Because I simply can not see anyone completing ultimate dominator is less than a year. If anyone has done it in less than a year, however, I feel deeply sorry for you, you need to do something about your life.

If you think Ultimate Dominator takes time wait until you see Furious Achiever.

Indeed, the high-end AP titles also deserve a spot on the more "special" titles list I suppose. Some of the PvP titles as well.

But PvE titles, items, etc... pointless.

Wait...why does it matter how many people have it? I don't use titles just because not many people have them, I use them cause they work with a character. I love my Light in the Darkness title regardless of how many people have it. Same for Good Apple and Honorary Skritt.

@"Cynder.2509" said:Just curious about if it's even considered an achievement anymore or if this is easy content that almost everyone has done by now given by the statistics that 13,043 of 219,483 (5.978%) unlocked it. Feeling kind of discouraged to even use that title after I aquired it way before the current festival since I have the feeling that it's too easy to get. Feeling the same way about other things like legendaries or the skyscale and even raid clears by now. But that's a different story however. What are your opinions on this matter? Is there any "hard" content left these days? Even "God Amongst Mere Mortals" is so common by now that I literally see everyone running around with it.

Edit: added the %)

You're asking everyone else if it's worth it to you? Listen, man. There are always going to be people out there who are better at the game than you are. If that's your standard, then nothing short of being the very best at everything is worthwhile. But then why even play? If you enjoy the content and find it challenging, and you like the rewards, then they are worth it. It's really that simple. You shouldn't measure your enjoyment of things based upon what everyone else thinks.

I love my "Honors in Applied Jumping" title. Not because I'm the only one who ever accomplished it, but because I really enjoyed SAB and I personally found it challenging to practice enough to get through it all on tribulation mode. I even enjoyed it enough to unlock all of the tribulation mode skins. There are people who can't stand SAB and others who are much better at it than I am. So what? I play for me. If I want to show off skins/titles it's because they mean something to me. Who cares what everyone else thinks?

The way i see it: gw2 eff is rather big in terms of population size and we can trust its % to relatively match the ingame ones.

So, you have a title that only 6%~ of the playerbase potentially has which you aquire from content that cannot be sold to you (unless theres a way i dont know of) so everyone must earn it.

I mean u might not find it hard but only a very tiny % of the playerbase has it. I think its likely to be one of the most prestigious titles ingame.

As most have mentioned, a title is only as worth as you see it. Most people in game don't care what flippin title you have.

But might I add that the 'kingslayer' title is in no way easy to get. Heck there are even posts on the forum suggesting he is 'impossible'

Must admit there has been a huge increase of people wearing the title from this festival, but still it's not everyone has done it