What is the use of the statistics? I want to see teammates' historical data before the game starts.

huluobo.7036

I want to know what my teammates are good at before the game.Which capture points do they like?Whether they belong to 10% of players or 90% of players.To be precise, I want to know if they have the ability to stick to the capture point.The game result data does not fully reflect the player's ability.I want to see this data before the game starts, not the end of the game, the total historical data of each teammate.

@huluobo.7036 said:I want to know what my teammates are good at before the game.Which capture points do they like?Whether they belong to 10% of players or 90% of players.To be precise, I want to know if they have the ability to stick to the capture point.The game result data does not fully reflect the player's ability.I want to see this data before the game starts, not the end of the game, the total historical data of each teammate.

You are not the employer and they're not here for an interview. You have no right to know anything more than the FACT that you're in game with them. You WILL NOT be give another opportunity to AFK from start anyway.

@BadMed.3846 said:

@huluobo.7036 said:I want to know what my teammates are good at before the game.Which capture points do they like?Whether they belong to 10% of players or 90% of players.To be precise, I want to know if they have the ability to stick to the capture point.The game result data does not fully reflect the player's ability.I want to see this data before the game starts, not the end of the game, the total historical data of each teammate.

You are not the employer and they're not here for an interview. You have no right to know anything more than the FACT that you're in game with them. You WILL NOT be give another opportunity to AFK from start anyway.

well said, you suprised me

@"huluobo.7036" said:The only way to solve the problem of new players tormenting old players

This attitude is why pvp will continue to slowly die.How bout all "vets" on this forum start encouraging new players/making them feel better so that they dont just quit, dropping population (and thus quality of matches) even further.

@Thorstienn.1642 said:

@"huluobo.7036" said:The only way to solve the problem of new players tormenting old players

This attitude is why pvp will continue to slowly die.How bout all "vets" on this forum start encouraging new players/making them feel better so that they dont just quit, dropping population (and thus quality of matches) even further.

The reality is most people leave because they don't want to take the time to learn so they just quit and focus on something else instead. Also, getting matched up with players who have been playing for years with or without toxicity..

Really toxicity plays a much smaller role in people quitting than class balance, matchmaking, lack of population (from the 1st 2 things I mentioned), lack of stream-ability which is pretty much the "meta marketing" nowadays to deliver exposure outside of Youtube of course, no marketing, no updates, same conquest mode for years which is rather irrelevant to the newer player but still, lack of variety plays a big role in 1st assessment views.

So not only is there very little numbers pouring in due to the lack of marketing, but what little people come in see the bad game design almost immediately and bail. This is with or without toxicity though.

@ZhouX.8742 said:

The reality is most people leave because they don't want to take the time to learn so they just quit and focus on something else instead. Also, getting matched up with players who have been playing for years with or without toxicity..

Really toxicity plays a much smaller role in people quitting than class balance, matchmaking, lack of population (from the 1st 2 things I mentioned), lack of stream-ability which is pretty much the "meta marketing" nowadays to deliver exposure outside of Youtube of course, no marketing, no updates, same conquest mode for years which is rather irrelevant to the newer player but still, lack of variety plays a big role in 1st assessment views.

So not only is there very little numbers pouring in due to the lack of marketing, but what little people come in see the bad game design almost immediately and bail. This is with or without toxicity though.

I did not mean for my comment to imply that that was the main reason people quit pvp; those would be 1 shots, condis, Mesmers, stealth, CC spam, matchmaking and general balance (if they stay long enough).I meant more that it is an attitude that permeates into all other thoughts and opinions.For example: (not sayin you actually meant it this way) you stated "most people leave because they don't want to take the time to learn" easily reads as "new players are just lazy and dont have the dedication to get gud". Now obviously I'm going a little extreme in that case, but you see it all over the forums (a place players can come for help/information).I general i agree with all you said though.

@"ZhouX.8742" said:The reality is most people leave because they don't want to take the time to learn so they just quit and focus on something else instead. Also, getting matched up with players who have been playing for years with or without toxicity..

I disagree with this. Toxicness is absolutely the 1st reason why PvP has been bleeding population. It's not toxicness itself though but the fact that the general toxicness makes every other thing look 10 times worse than it actually is. Except lack of game modes maybe since it's a fact there's only 1 official game mode.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@"ZhouX.8742" said:The reality is most people leave because they don't want to take the time to learn so they just quit and focus on something else instead. Also, getting matched up with players who have been playing for years with or without toxicity..

I disagree with this. Toxicness is absolutely the 1st reason why PvP has been bleeding population. It's not toxicness itself though but the fact that the general toxicness makes every other thing look 10 times worse than it actually is. Except lack of game modes maybe since it's a fact there's only 1 official game mode.

I don't agree with your post in regards to toxicness, I find more toxicness in the Gw2 forums then i do in-game. PvP has been bleeding a lot of players over the years the reasons are things like:-No platform for team play(Just give people another queue option for mixed rand queues)-It's not competative and exploiting/gaming the system is considered to be acceptable way to play the game.-7 years of the same old conquest and no other supported game variation (Stronghold was dropped in and abandoned soon after, I don't want to hear about it)-Lack of good support from the devs, right alongside WvW, Fractals, and Raids, you'll get memes like adding a new 2v2 map but no 2v2 queue so it's DoA, and tossed in the graveyard with Hot Join.-E-sports scene died

According to the reply, I know how cruel PVP is. You never know what the next reply is. There are always people in the world who think that the situation is just the opposite. People's psychological stress is limited. After years of fighting, I have been exhausted. If I am a newcomer, I have more energy to bear these failures, but I almost reach the limit, while some people don't, can't understand what I'm talking about, pvp needs to adjust the balance of the old and new players' environment, just like driving When, if someone in the car sings hard to hear, how long will you endure? People who haven’t got more pvp games will never understand

I have just played three games and met two double thieves. Why are there so many thieves? I blinked and they died. I can accept them. The most unacceptable thing is that they blame me. In fact, because I saw two unreliable teammates, I chose not to help them. Just because I was beaten in front, they had a chance to attack. However, only a few of the 10 thieves are powerful. According to my experience, the thief assigned to me must be dead fast. I would rather go to the problem in one direction and not cooperate with them.Because I still want to live more on the earth for a while.

@huluobo.7036 said:The only way to solve the problem of new players tormenting old players is ---> Cancel 3 capture points.Or give me a pre-match data so I lose no complaints

There's no new playera tormenting old players, if you don't play like 6 am all players in the match have about the same rating, I started adding ppl to friends to check their rating, maybe you get 100 rating gap between the highest and the lowest rank. So, if new players land direct on your match it's kinda your fault not theirs. Unless you're top 25 the matchmaking isn't that messy

@"huluobo.7036" said:I have just played three games and met two double thieves. Why are there so many thieves? I blinked and they died. I can accept them. The most unacceptable thing is that they blame me. In fact, because I saw two unreliable teammates, I chose not to help them. Just because I was beaten in front, they had a chance to attack. However, only a few of the 10 thieves are powerful. According to my experience, the thief assigned to me must be dead fast. I would rather go to the problem in one direction and not cooperate with them.Because I still want to live more on the earth for a while.

too bad this game doesnt have v1s, so if lose it's all on you, right?

WRONG

You'd blame opponent's "broken" build

@"huluobo.7036" said:I have just played three games and met two double thieves. Why are there so many thieves? I blinked and they died. I can accept them. The most unacceptable thing is that they blame me. In fact, because I saw two unreliable teammates, I chose not to help them. Just because I was beaten in front, they had a chance to attack. However, only a few of the 10 thieves are powerful. According to my experience, the thief assigned to me must be dead fast. I would rather go to the problem in one direction and not cooperate with them.Because I still want to live more on the earth for a while.

this whole response almost sounds like you don't play the same game as the rest of us.. this season, thieves don't die when you "blink". having 2 on your team is basically a gift now. especially if the other team doesn't have 2. I don't know if you've been living under a rock for the past few months, but right now d/d and s/d condi thieves are extremely OP and will carry a team 9x out of 10.