Warrior lack of sufficient self healing

One Kiss Away.9180

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

it's never about self healing, what warrior lack is means to avoid damage.you just buff self healing, like they did in 2013 and warrior will be yet again the most complaint class on forum even tho it may not be best in high endand warrior will get nerfed for it as well and warrior high end will never be good ever again thanks to that.

@Lighter.5631 said:it's never about self healing, what warrior lack is means to avoid damage.you just buff self healing, like they did in 2013 and warrior will be yet again the most complaint class on forum even tho it may not be best in high endand warrior will get nerfed for it as well and warrior high end will never be good ever again thanks to that.

Cleric shout healing power builds xD

I play a solo Zerker build and usually switch between Defiant Stance and Healing Sig/Might Makes Right for heavier damage areas. Never have issues surviving, but my build is always focused on high damage output. I usually end up killing anything attacking me way before it becomes a health concern. In between bursts if I feel my health is declining too quickly I just stand still for a few secs and activate Defiant Stance. Let them hit you then Whirlwind away and attack again.

Imo if you make it too easy to keep up your health and never feel like you could get downed the game loses it's charm. This has worked for me for soloing Champs as well.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Rune of the Made King, Forceful Greatsword, Might Makes Right, Mender's Might, Phalanx Strength, Signet of Rage. Profit? Hit three enemies and have 4 allies nearby that is a 12.5k heal with some healing power. Sounds sexy, I'll try that tonight.

That rune... 16x hits, 3 targets, now this sounds sick af with all the might gain, share and healing lol. Time for some fun testing in wvw I guess :D

@cryorion.9532 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Rune of the Made King, Forceful Greatsword, Might Makes Right, Mender's Might, Phalanx Strength, Signet of Rage. Profit? Hit three enemies and have 4 allies nearby that is a 12.5k heal with some healing power. Sounds sexy, I'll try that tonight.

That rune... 16x hits, 3 targets, now this sounds sick af with all the might gain, share and healing lol. Time for some fun testing in wvw I guess :D

I under shot the number. Its closer to 24k in that situation. 8704 by yourself and three enemies, with an extra 3740 hp per ally up to the maximum for Phalanx Strength for 27.4k with 3 enemies and 5 allies.

I don't want to be called a bad, but I was trying mango pies + Dolyack Runes + healing Sig and my regen was the same before the nerf. Also was trying defense tree top, middle, middle. Seemed ok for small scale. Still its not a replacement for how it was before. The 300 toughness I got from the dolyak runes seems to offset the toughness nerf to def tree and scaled pretty well with armored attack.

Might be something worth looking into for core warrior str def dis

Rune of mad king sounds intresting except your only low CD elite is the signet and its not a low CD and its kinda bad now except for the heal with MMR.

@Warlord.9074 said:I don't want to be called a bad, but I was trying mango pies + Dolyack Runes + healing Sig and my regen was the same before the nerf. Also was trying defense tree top, middle, middle. Seemed ok for small scale. Still its not a replacement for how it was before. The 300 toughness I got from the dolyak runes seems to offset the toughness nerf to def tree and scaled pretty well with armored attack.

Might be something worth looking into for core warrior str def dis

Rune of mad king sounds intresting except your only low CD elite is the signet and its not a low CD and its kinda bad now except for the heal with MMR.

The rune is a 45s cd, the signet is a 40s cd in WvW/PvP, 4s cd is PvE if traited, so it lines up fairly well. The whole point of the comment was taking it with MMR+MM to turn the elite into another healing skill effectively since it generates a huge amount of might together. That and it'll put 12 stacks of vulnerability on up to 3 targets to aid in dps.

The swap for damage reduction from toughness in the defense line wasn't a nerf since its effectively the same damage reduction, but Dolyak runes and Trooper Runes are great options if you want some extra buffer. Sanctuary Runes are pretty good as well if you go all in on Might and MMR+MM. Lots of small barriers for the duration of a fight means damage you don't have to take.

You can also try Body Blow, Runes of the Aristocracy, MMR, MM, and Phalanx Strength. Possible 2k heal on every CC if you have allies nearby.

@"Lighter.5631" said:signet is useless for wvw, warrior without bubble is nothing,Only the case for zerg playbirds are dodgeable and blindable, damage is ok ish.So is just about everything else when relying on MMR and MM for sustain so what is your point?but nothing beats bubbleOnly in Zerg play. Bubble is sh!te in small scale or roaming.aristocracy is useless because it activates when you enter battle so you are full health...It activates on weakness https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_the_Aristocracy which with body blow is when you CC. Now if you are CC chaining someone at full HP, then sure no extra healing, but then you don't need it then anyway.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@"Lighter.5631" said:signet is useless for wvw, warrior without bubble is nothing,Only the case for zerg playbirds are dodgeable and blindable, damage is ok ish.So is just about everything else when relying on MMR and MM for sustain so what is your point?but nothing beats bubbleOnly in Zerg play. Bubble is sh!te in small scale or roaming.aristocracy is useless because it activates when you enter battle so you are full health...It activates on weakness
which with body blow is when you CC. Now if you are CC chaining someone at full HP, then sure no extra healing, but then you don't need it then anyway.

1.if you are running mad king in roaming, you may as well take other rune, I thought the point is to gain and share to heal with mending might with mad king in large fight.

2.my point is you are giving up bubble for something that's dodgeable and blindable, while everything else you arent giving up bubble so it's ok

1. yea, if you roam and small right, birds and mmr alone arent gonna do much, may as well just rune something else.

2. my bad, I was thinking rata sum, I was play aristocracy and rata sum yesterday and mixed up, anyway, again, you are giving up adrenaline health for 5 might on CC on weakness heal with mmr, not really worth it. i played aristocracy with mmr weakness and hammer with shout heal or defense, ain't doing much tbh.

@Lighter.5631 said:

@Lighter.5631 said:signet is useless for wvw, warrior without bubble is nothing,Only the case for zerg playbirds are dodgeable and blindable, damage is ok ish.So is just about everything else when relying on MMR and MM for sustain so what is your point?but nothing beats bubbleOnly in Zerg play. Bubble is sh!te in small scale or roaming.aristocracy is useless because it activates when you enter battle so you are full health...It activates on weakness
which with body blow is when you CC. Now if you are CC chaining someone at full HP, then sure no extra healing, but then you don't need it then anyway.

1.if you are running mad king in roaming, you may as well take other rune, I thought the point is to gain and share to heal with mending might with mad king in large fight.Mad King maxes out at 3 targets, PS maxes out at 5 allies. This combo is suited more for small scale than zerg fighting. Fighting inside a objective you own is a thing, as is trying to kill another player in objectives that they own. It isn't always about how many other players there are, the npcs count as well.2.my point is you are giving up bubble for something that's dodgeable and blindable, while everything else you arent giving up bubble so it's okBubble is blindable and dodgeable as well. It is of little use outside of zerging due to how easy it is to kite. Its the worst elite to take in WvW when not zerging.
  1. yea, if you roam and small right, birds and mmr alone arent gonna do much, may as well just rune something else.Alone its an 8k heal if you use it right when alone, upwards of 24k if you have allies, including npcs, around. That is a full self heal for most people. With boons. With damage on up to 3 targets. With Vulnerability on up to 3 targets.
  2. my bad, I was thinking rata sum, I was play aristocracy and rata sum yesterday and mixed up, anyway, again, you are giving up adrenaline health for 5 might on CC on weakness heal with mmr, not really worth it.There are a lot of rune options, its easy to conflate them sometimes.

How are you giving up Adrenal Health? Nothing stopping you from running Strength and Defense. That 5 might is ~640 health with MMR and MM. More with allies around with PS taken.

The only consideration is if you are running core or an e-spec, at which point the question is do you want Defense, Tactics, or Discipline with that e-spec.

My original post was about the warriors ability to self heal. I use the Shout To The Limit for healing due to fast regen and cause it heals the most initially combines with Tactics Shouts Vigorous Shouts . My problem was as soon as the warriors health starts dropping, it drops so fast... Might makes right is great as I use Signet of Rage as Elite.Your suggestions and remarks have been a lot of help. Thank You.

@One Kiss Away.9180 said:My original post was about the warriors ability to self heal. I use the Shout To The Limit for healing due to fast regen and cause it heals the most initially combines with Tactics Shouts Vigorous Shouts . My problem was as soon as the warriors health starts dropping, it drops so fast... Might makes right is great as I use Signet of Rage as Elite.Your suggestions and remarks have been a lot of help. Thank You.

Well warrior doesn't have the same mitigations as other classes other than endurance gain. Abuse the endurance gain from building momentum and MMR to keep dodging. Building momentum gives endurance per foe hit btw.

So dodge, burst, dodge, TTL, dodge, swap, burst, dodge. Extra dodge after swap before the burst of you have an endurance sigil.

• 2 weeks later...