Hybrid self-heal renegade with Torment Runes + Battle Scars?

Esquilax.3491

I've been playing a viper renegade (trailblazer for wvw) with tormenting runes for a while now, the self sustain potential is incredible, especially with multiple targets. I see a lot of talk from people about Battlescars doing a lot of healing too, but I haven't played with that since the change was put in a couple months back.

So I was wondering, would these effects stack, and would it be worthwhile? Or is it more for a pure power build. Would basically be trading invocation for devastation, since corruption seems necessary for condi damage.

@Clownmug.8357 said:Maybe those people meant pve, battle scars are ridiculously weak in wvw/pvp. Stacks heal for only like 55 HP and they're a lot harder to generate + consume off of human opponents.

Thanks, I'm not very versed in keeping up to date with how skills are splitted between modes. This indeed does make it seem not worthwhile.

Battle Scars are horrifyingly bad in PvP/WvW because they are essentially the old GM Siphon minor trait split amongst 3 traits over the 3 tiers of Devastation.

It deals 64 damage and heals 55 Health, and the GM trait makes it heal 110 when at 50% Hp or less.

Idk how Anet came up with this.Old Siphon minor trait wasn't even broken or anything, but they felt a need to take what's not broken, cut it into 3 traits, in which 2 of them are useless.

In PvE tho? Huge improvement over the old trait I guess.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Takes notes for an alt

After eight years of warrior only, couple of days ago i made a condi renegade alt for relaxed pve like solo stuff, bounties and so. I enjoy it very much!

I run demon/renegade legends, dev/cor/ren traits, mix of viper/tb gear with tormenting runes, sb/mace+axe. Quite nice damage and absolutely insane sustain, and max dps rotation isn't (pleasantly) the easiest one to perfect. A sevenshot heals you to full with battlescars and runes, along with lots of other torment to spam. Also, renegade seems to be very versatile class when needed.

I like it so much i'm definitely going to craft full ascended gear, after i've figured the optimal viper/tb mix for my purposes.

Haven't tested it in wvw yet, but i've read it's crap.

@hammu.1752 said:

Takes notes for an alt

After eight years of warrior only, couple of days ago i made a condi renegade alt for relaxed pve like solo stuff, bounties and so. I enjoy it very much!

I run demon/renegade legends, dev/cor/ren traits, mix of viper/tb gear with tormenting runes, sb/mace+axe. Quite nice damage and absolutely insane sustain, and max dps rotation isn't (pleasantly) the easiest one to perfect. A sevenshot heals you to full with battlescars and runes, along with lots of other torment to spam. Also, renegade seems to be very versatile class when needed.

I like it so much i'm definitely going to craft full ascended gear, after i've figured the optimal viper/tb mix for my purposes.

Haven't tested it in wvw yet, but i've read it's kitten.

Well Sevenshot is regarded as a meme, but Mad King Runes with Kala elite still works there since they did not nerf the runes in WvW. If you do not know what I mean by that then go read up on the runes.

@jpsssss.7530 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:Well Sevenshot is regarded as a meme, but Mad King Runes with Kala elite still works there since they did not nerf the runes in WvW. If you do not know what I mean by that then go read up on the runes.They actually fixed seven shot so all 7 projectiles are targetted

I know, it's still regarded as a meme like true shot or Gunflame though or like Sic'em Rapid Fire.

@Yasai.3549 said:Battle Scars are horrifyingly bad in PvP/WvW because they are essentially the old GM Siphon minor trait split amongst 3 traits over the 3 tiers of Devastation.

It deals 64 damage and heals 55 Health, and the GM trait makes it heal 110 when at 50% Hp or less.

Idk how Anet came up with this.Old Siphon minor trait wasn't even broken or anything, but they felt a need to take what's not broken, cut it into 3 traits, in which 2 of them are useless.

In PvE tho? Huge improvement over the old trait I guess.

Prety much this :| and the assassin effect its kinda gona. ive seen rev shiros obliterating in 1 sec scrappers and fb's but i assume its cheaters with macro and package editing bursting other players. (the 2 ive actually foudn were on my side) and ive notice players abusing package editing over this months since Anet does nothing.

I doubt this weapons now that the damage woosh is gone are doing that much damage.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Prety much this :| and the assassin effect its kinda gona. ive seen rev shiros obliterating in 1 sec scrappers and fb's but i assume its cheaters with macro and package editing bursting other players. (the 2 ive actually foudn were on my side) and ive notice players abusing package editing over this months since Anet does nothing.

I doubt this weapons now that the damage woosh is gone are doing that much damage.

Funny yu should mention hackers, because I'm STILL fighting Mesmers who have the old version of CI which inflicts immob on interrupt.

@Yasai.3549 said:

@"Aeolus.3615" said:

Funny yu should mention hackers, because I'm STILL fighting Mesmers who have the old version of CI which inflicts immob on interrupt.

cheaters =/= hackers :P in my mind... not all cheaters are hackers, not all hackers are cheaters.

But atm idk what to think about that.. (there were always players reporting players with old versions of older skills). m8 be the game borking up actually and not hackers alone.. Maybe some persons knew how to change the game version.. still:when on zerg fight every one get culled in culled out culled it and out in just 4-5 sec :.When im reporting a mesmer on top of SMC some players were already folowing and other saying he already suicided, me and the others are sync but our enemy isnt, maybe some people just live on the future idk... no body was actually laggin it was pure desync, sometimes when one player get bursted is all the data queued and hapening at the same time, sometimes even lags the client, it m8 also be a player with package editing wich actually works as well.Ive seen players that dont receive the wall UP validation on the client and they can bypass wall in an out, and they they are like.. "oh wait why is every one there with catas?"IDK the game is weird, to much data getting botlenecked.... i guess, and gw2 its not coded to multithreaded perfomance maybe that would help the data flow faster.

TDLR; Welcome to Twilight Zone Wars.

EDIT: my Sword 4 did 4k crit ._.

@Esquilax.3491This is what i use, started with exotic armor and weapons since they are free in WvW and we can select all the stats :) (edit 2, corrected the build)http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAUlflhQLsIajJRaMIKjBSjMBygD1S+TF-zRJYsRNfhkTBEXE0RK49A-e