More than 5v5

uberkingkong.8041

Bring back PvP more than 5v5 less than or equal to 8v8.

4v4 3v3 2v2 1v1 modes just don't work.

Look at the other games that do it.Now some of you maybe thinking, 8v8 performance issue, conquest mode, etc.

Let me remind you, Conquest mode was designed for 8v8, it originated 8v8, the first game mode in PvP was 8v8.Yes many people played it, more than the amount of PvP'ers today.

Just because everyone is used to 1v1 2v2 etc and big mid fight,does not mean 8v8 is the oddball

There was good 8v8 games back then too, hotjoin zerging was one of the reasons why everyone loved 8v8 hotjoins back then.

You know they loved it because there was a LOT of players around.You know 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 does not work. Because IS NOT a lot of players around.

esports is dead in GW2

go back to casual pvp8v8

not #esports pvp1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4

Notice1v1 no conquest2v2 no conquest3v3 no conquest4v4 no conquest

5v5 conquest8v8 too much for conquest?How so? If 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 is not enough, 5v5 is enough,Its only 5v5? 8v8 too much?

Think about it.8v8 is just fine for conquest.Thats how conquest was originally designed.I've been playing since beta.

PvP is dead game mode when people start noticing and thinking about bots in 20%+ of their games.Probably was bots back then, but nobody noticed because its casual style, its for fun.

1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 is not casual style, its not for fun.8v8 is casual style, it IS for fun.Thats why PvP was thriving back then.

Think about it.

Also,Its 2020meaning time to get your act together,its 2020You have more than enough data.its 2020, no mistakes should be madeits 2020, no excuse why pvp should be in bad stateIts 2020

Sorry, but I think it's already past the point of no return for gw2 pvp, you just gotta accept it and let it go. Leave them to rot with conquest, and complain why the game keeps shrinking in population and filled with absurd amount of bots, and keep proposing dumb and dumber nerfs and changes. The game mode has no soul left and it's a shame.

@"Lucentfir.7430" said:Sorry, but I think it's already past the point of no return for gw2 pvp, you just gotta accept it and let it go. Leave them to rot with conquest, and complain why the game keeps shrinking in population and filled with absurd amount of bots, and keep proposing dumb and dumber nerfs and changes. The game mode has no soul left and it's a shame.

Man these forums are depressing.

I goto PvE forums,Hey do Guild Missions, hasn't been updated since long time. As in Guild Races, figure you be doing a race on a mount. Nope, still these being a spider, bunny rabbit, dolphin races.Everybody response. Fact they don't do Guild stuff anymore. Fact Guild vs Guild is not thing.When in reality, not a fact, just being negative is all. Theres no statement from GW2 saying "we aint doing Guild shit anymore"

I come here, try to revitalize GW2 PvP back to glory days.You know it started out 8v8.Yes Conquest 8v8.Not 1v1 No conquest 2v2 No conquest 3v3 No conquest 4v4 No conquest.,8v8 AND YES CONQUESTIf you can't do Conquest 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4, why fuck you even bring those garbage modes?Go duel someone 1v1 in the arena in HoTM for your ego.

Casuals don't want 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4.... They did it, they delivered. You see a lotta people playing PvP?All I hear is, bots have taken over, 20% chance meeting a bot.

People concerned about bots? how come, oh its too competitive.

PvP can be.... Not so competitive and fun.8v8 MUCH?

GW2 glory days of PvP.... Included the 8v8 HOTJOINS!!!!HOTJOINS rewards ALMOST if not BETTER and FASTER than ranked.....300+ glory a game guaranteed, no wait time vs wait 200 or so ONLY if you winRanks mattered back then, it WAS A GRIND, HOTJOINS was the way to go if you wasn't elite player. Even Elites grinded hotjoins.

Lot of people did the grind, because its good.... AND BECAUSE ITS FUN.

GW2 no return for PvP?GW2 no return for Guilds stuff?

yeah okI like to think glass half full, they listen, timing is everything.You've been getting new maps yes?GW2 pvp aint fully dead. Only there 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 decisions making it feel that way.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@"Lucentfir.7430" said:Sorry, but I think it's already past the point of no return for gw2 pvp, you just gotta accept it and let it go. Leave them to rot with conquest, and complain why the game keeps shrinking in population and filled with absurd amount of bots, and keep proposing dumb and dumber nerfs and changes. The game mode has no soul left and it's a shame.

Man these forums are depressing.

I goto PvE forums,Hey do Guild Missions, hasn't been updated since long time. As in Guild Races, figure you be doing a race on a mount. Nope, still these being a spider, bunny rabbit, dolphin races.Everybody response. Fact they don't do Guild stuff anymore. Fact Guild vs Guild is not thing.When in reality, not a fact, just being negative is all. Theres no statement from GW2 saying "we aint doing Guild kitten anymore"

I come here, try to revitalize GW2 PvP back to glory days.You know it started out 8v8.Yes Conquest 8v8.Not 1v1 No conquest 2v2 No conquest 3v3 No conquest 4v4 No conquest.,8v8 AND YES CONQUESTIf you can't do Conquest 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4, why kitten you even bring those garbage modes?Go duel someone 1v1 in the arena in HoTM for your ego.

Casuals don't want 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4.... They did it, they delivered. You see a lotta people playing PvP?All I hear is, bots have taken over, 20% chance meeting a bot.

People concerned about bots? how come, oh its too competitive.

PvP can be.... Not so competitive and fun.8v8 MUCH?

GW2 glory days of PvP.... Included the 8v8 HOTJOINS!!!!HOTJOINS rewards ALMOST if not BETTER and FASTER than ranked.....300+ glory a game guaranteed, no wait time vs wait 200 or so ONLY if you winRanks mattered back then, it WAS A GRIND, HOTJOINS was the way to go if you wasn't elite player. Even Elites grinded hotjoins.

Lot of people did the grind, because its good.... AND BECAUSE ITS FUN.

GW2 no return for PvP?GW2 no return for Guilds stuff?

yeah okI like to think glass half full, they listen, timing is everything.You've been getting new maps yes?GW2 pvp aint fully dead. Only there 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 decisions making it feel that way.

It is depressing, Don't get me wrong though, I know of the days you speak of, i used to enjoy a ton of hot joins myself back in the day and just chill with familiar names I'd see in there, Played in the days where we had PvP skin lockers and the glory system. Hot joins aren't coming back unless they remove the FFA arena in HoTM which is a big unlikely. 1v1/2v2/3v3 etc people want, but the way anet handled it, is a dumb restrictive gimmick. tying it to an off-season, rather than a permanent addition you can queue at any time, but no it's that way to try and keep conquest relevant as their main mode. You can make all the suggestions and attempt to revive the scene all you want, but the efforts are directed at a brick wall. They don't care.

@uberkingkong.8041 said:Bring back PvP more than 5v5 less than or equal to 8v8.

Look at the other games that do it.Now some of you maybe thinking, 8v8 performance issue, conquest mode, etc.

Let me remind you, Conquest mode was designed for 8v8, it originated 8v8, the first game mode in PvP was 8v8.Yes many people played it, more than the amount of PvP'ers today.

Just because everyone is used to 1v1 2v2 etc and big mid fight,does not mean 8v8 is the oddball

There was good 8v8 games back then too, hotjoin zerging was one of the reasons why everyone loved 8v8 hotjoins back then.

You know they loved it because there was a LOT of players around.You know 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 does not work. Because IS NOT a lot of players around.

esports is dead in GW2

go back to casual pvp8v8

5v5 conquest8v8 too much for conquest?How so? If 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 is not enough, 5v5 is enough,Its only 5v5? 8v8 too much?

Think about it.8v8 is just fine for conquest.Thats how conquest was originally designed.I've been playing since beta.

PvP is dead game mode when people start noticing and thinking about bots in 20%+ of their games.Probably was bots back then, but nobody noticed because its casual style, its for fun.

1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 is not casual style, its not for fun.8v8 is casual style, it IS for fun.Thats why PvP was thriving back then.

Think about it.

Also,Its 2020meaning time to get your act together,its 2020You have more than enough data.its 2020, no mistakes should be madeits 2020, no excuse why pvp should be in bad stateIts 2020

This hurts to read. Please structure your thoughts!Also conquest won't be competetive if you make it 8v8... people still around want competetive PvP. You can just go custom arenas and 8v8 with likeminded people. And if you cannot find 15 players to do it, maybe it's because nobody actually wants 8v8 conquest.

@Bazsi.2734 said:

@"uberkingkong.8041" said:Bring back PvP more than 5v5 less than or equal to 8v8.

esports is dead in GW2

go back to casual pvp8v8

Think about it.

This hurts to read. Please structure your thoughts!Also conquest won't be competetive if you make it 8v8... people still around want competetive PvP. You can just go custom arenas and 8v8 with likeminded people. And if you cannot find 15 players to do it, maybe it's because nobody actually wants 8v8 conquest.

Cannot find 16 players to do it?You played when they HAD 8v8? Or you just spectulating, dead GW2 PvP system now, and how increasing player amount ties with it?

From FACTS.As in, back in 8v8 hotjoin days.30+ FULL servers hotjoins, of 8v8 games.8v8 was LIKE THAT UNTIL they removed it.

It NEVER was "can't find an 8v8 game"FACTS when they had 8v8, till 8v8 went away

They brought 5v5 to support #esports initiativeNow #esports is dead because no casuals, aka 8v8 gone casuals gone

Facts first my manFACT is 8v8 never had issue with "good luck finding 16 players to do it"

Competitive modes?I'm thinking about making a thread, do you consider Ranked a competitive mode?

It feels more like a unranked mode, just you are in the season, and you W/L is public.... But is it really competitive?Thats tournament. Tournament is competitive.

Ranked isn't even a competitive mode, its just, best rewards, you get flashy thing by title, and thats it. Oh and a title if you score high enough.

Ranked was no where near competitive as the Ranked mode back in the hotjoin days, where you needed a tournament ticket to even participate in.

FACTs first again30+ FULL games of 8v8 till they REMOVED 8v8.Not because 8v8 died....THEY REMOVED itTHEY wanted to shove #esports down your throat and get everyone doing 5v5.8v8 NEVER had issue with "not enough players"

To even think that, because current state of PvPgoes to show why 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 and forcing 5v5 are failures along with #esports not here anymore.

8v8 was HORRIBLE, the maps were just too small at the time. the best thing they ever did was reduce it to 5v5 in the standard maps. I'm not against 8v8, but it needs to be done properly. 8v8 on a big map could be fun. And i dont want to see it on another conquest map. 8v8 capture the flag on a big map would be a lot of fun.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:8v8 was HORRIBLE, the maps were just too small at the time. the best thing they ever did was reduce it to 5v5 in the standard maps. I'm not against 8v8, but it needs to be done properly. 8v8 on a big map could be fun. And i dont want to see it on another conquest map. 8v8 capture the flag on a big map would be a lot of fun.

8v8 horrible?How come 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 not in conquest?If 5v5 is the minimum, whats the maximum?

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

@uberkingkong.8041 said:Bring back PvP more than 5v5 less than or equal to 8v8.

esports is dead in GW2

go back to casual pvp8v8

Think about it.

Cannot find 16 players to do it?You played when they HAD 8v8? Or you just spectulating, dead GW2 PvP system now, and how increasing player amount ties with it?

From FACTS.As in, back in 8v8 hotjoin days.30+ FULL servers hotjoins, of 8v8 games.8v8 was LIKE THAT UNTIL they removed it.

It NEVER was "can't find an 8v8 game"FACTS when they had 8v8, till 8v8 went away

They brought 5v5 to support #esports initiativeNow #esports is dead because no casuals, aka 8v8 gone casuals gone

Facts first my manFACT is 8v8 never had issue with "good luck finding 16 players to do it"

Competitive modes?I'm thinking about making a thread, do you consider Ranked a competitive mode?

It feels more like a unranked mode, just you are in the season, and you W/L is public.... But is it really competitive?Thats tournament. Tournament is competitive.

Ranked isn't even a competitive mode, its just, best rewards, you get flashy thing by title, and thats it. Oh and a title if you score high enough.

Ranked was no where near competitive as the Ranked mode back in the hotjoin days, where you needed a tournament ticket to even participate in.

FACTs first again30+ FULL games of 8v8 till they REMOVED 8v8.Not because 8v8 died....THEY REMOVED itTHEY wanted to shove #esports down your throat and get everyone doing 5v5.8v8 NEVER had issue with "not enough players"

To even think that, because current state of PvPgoes to show why 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 and forcing 5v5 are failures along with #esports not here anymore.

Over 90% of the playerbase left. Do you honestly think they would come back if 8v8 was reinstated?

@uberkingkong.8041 said:

I come here, try to revitalize GW2 PvP back to glory days.

Gw2 is old and anet is never going to prioritize pvp development. Even if they did it would take far more than they are capable of to "fix" pvp. I would love to go back and relive the glory days of cod 4, halo 3, wow wotlk, but its never going to happen.

@Avatar.3568 said:

@Filip.7463 said:In 8v8 single player doesnt matter that much. So someone who is p3 (5v5) will be possibly s2 (8v8)

This is the most funniest patt

Just allow 5 q ez. Party size is capped at 5 but the strict restriction of a minimum size party is actually choking pvp out of relevance so this could bring it back without being too opJust a theory though, it might not work actually