Siren's Landing Bots

First off the water logged chests aren't nearly as valuable as the chests your referring to. As someone that has many characters parked at chests, I still haven't gotten to locations with as low a value as the waterlogged chest. Second, I've seen the same character do this at multiple chests within moments. Do you disagree that this is something the devs should look into?

• Like 1

@kharmin.7683 said:

@DarcShriek.5829 said:Second, I've seen the same character do this at multiple chests within moments. Do you disagree that this is something the devs should look into?Report them and move on. Anet can only look into this when it is reported.

What do you think I'm doing here? Also, it's extremely difficult to report someone that blinks in, opens the chest and blinks out. You know this, so I don't understand your comment.

• Like 1

@DarcShriek.5829 said:

@DarcShriek.5829 said:Second, I've seen the same character do this at multiple chests within moments. Do you disagree that this is something the devs should look into?Report them and move on. Anet can only look into this when it is reported.

What do you think I'm doing here? Also, it's extremely difficult to report someone that blinks in, opens the chest and blinks out. You know this, so I don't understand your comment.

Noting it here won’t ‘report’ them. It is highly unlikely the moderators here are actually with the dev team. By in game reporting they have the ability to check game logs with their time stamps.

If you have video, do not post it here, but send it via the exploits email that is available for it. I am not saying it will work, but posting here has a far less chance of helping.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Noting it here won’t ‘report’ them. It is highly unlikely the moderators here are actually with the dev team. By in game reporting they have the ability to check game logs with their time stamps.

If you have video, do not post it here, but send it via the exploits email that is available for it. I am not saying it will work, but posting here has a far less chance of helping.

I don't have video. Why would I have video. I see lots of bots on Siren's landing that blink in, open the chest and blink out. I don't have the reflexes to tag the player so I thought I'd mention it here. All I get are people that have no idea what the situation is giving me horrible advice.

@Parasite.5389 said:

@"DarcShriek.5829" said:I've seen the same character do this at multiple chests within moments.

how are you getting to these chests faster than this "same character" in order to see them? either you're in two places at once, or you're moving faster than they are.

In Siren's Landing there are lots of nodes and chests near each other. You can see them teleport to each one., from the one near you to one in the distance. I usually see at least a dozen bots in the few minutes I spend there for a daily, especially during off peak hours.

@DarcShriek.5829 said:

I don't have video. Why would I have video. I see lots of bots on Siren's landing that blink in, open the chest and blink out. I don't have the reflexes to tag the player so I thought I'd mention it here. All I get are people that have no idea what the situation is giving me horrible advice.

I asked ‘if’, you don’t have it. Ok.

I can’t help if you think that my advice of sending a report in on channels that are actually seen more than here is bad advice.

Again, reporting here in this forum is highly unlikely to help. Please reference the following thread:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/121390/an-update-on-game-security-and-player-reporting-in-guild-wars-2#latest

It's funny how people complain about the economy and barrens messing with it but when it's bots doing it there's push back from people "why should I care?" and then there's lag in a bunch of maps from bots teleporting around gathering nodes and opening chests all the time but "why should I care" because they don't understand. I mean if you don't care, why are you pushing back against the people that do care about the health of this game? Maybe just be quiet and let the people who actually care voice their concerns.

• Like 1

@"Jwake.7013" said:It's funny how people complain about the economy and barrens messing with it but when it's bots doing it there's push back from people "why should I care?" and then there's lag in a bunch of maps from bots teleporting around gathering nodes and opening chests all the time but "why should I care" because they don't understand. I mean if you don't care, why are you pushing back against the people that do care about the health of this game? Maybe just be quiet and let the people who actually care voice their concerns.

Concerns are being voiced for years without end and nothing happens. ANet gives us the "they're not bots, they're just unattentively gaming which is ok" speech. I'd care if they did. But as long as ANet doesn't care it's kinda effortless to voice your oppinion.

• Confused 1

@"lokh.2695" said:Concerns are being voiced for years without end and nothing happens. ANet gives us the "they're not bots, they're just unattentively gaming which is ok" speech. I'd care if they did. But as long as ANet doesn't care it's kinda effortless to voice your oppinion.

That's the exact opposite approach I'd personally have in that situation; where I want to keep voicing my concerns to make sure they're continued to be heard so anet knows they aren't just long forgotten gripes by the player base, especially something that such fundamentally ruins their game for the player base.

I also don't believe they are just ignoring it, however they have not been putting the resources needed to actually fix the larger issue of bot and hacking detection and have just tried to fix the symptoms over and over which clearly is a bandaid and not a solution.

• Like 1