Berserker Overhaul next week!

DanAlcedo.3281

@KelyNeli.4516 said:

@JTGuevara.9018 said:Terrible. What is this? Just...why?

So, for pve I guess these are good changes, but for pvp it is a DISASTER. Sure the damage boost is nice and all, BUT....look at all that warriors lose out on in the process: toughness penalty, adrenaline through rage skills, f1 skills, most of all: a cast time. The existence of a cast time means that berserk mode can now be interrupted. Mark my words, berserker warrior will be kited to DEATH by ranged classes. Once people see the obvious big, red glow, pew-pew rangers, short-bow revenants and deadeyes will focus it and down it in seconds. Berserker was already squishy enough, now it's even weaker in all terms except for damage.

Berserker was dead in pvp, now it's freakin BURIED.

He will have the same armor as light armor classes do.Does it make them 100% useless?

But my warrior needs to have tons of hp, armor, cc, burst and sustained dmg or it's 100% useless!

• Confused 1

@"Hitman.5829" said:"Berserk mode is no longer instant and has a casting time."making warrior more slow to play! jesus Christ! Anet please stop with this madness. Why don't you make steal with cast time?

Maybe they could change it to have a cast time for thief e.spec as well, would that be fair? Oh, wait...

This is what we get for asking a rework on berserker. They rework it allright, but in the wrong way!

Yes, don't try playing it, just decide it's unusable right away, that's the only correct way to go about anything. Knowing actual numbers on skills? HA! Kitten that, I know better.

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:I agree the cast time is a huge mistake. Its not too late to remove it Irenio, please!

It really might be. It's a potentially simple fix, so if it ends up being a mistake, lets hope it won't take them 6 months to realise that.

Nah they wond do anything.They want to bury warrior into the sand .In Pve mobs hit you, you got interruped constantly(imagine fractals or raids.That will be something fun to get mad at every mage-zerk transcormation) .In pvp you wont be able to get into berserk mode unless you hide in bushes , then go berserk and mayby then you'll be able to do something.In wvw just forget XD.Props for making zerker FUN to play ! GG devs.Next update give warrior tradeoff, if he goes zerker mode he gets like 10000 str and 10000000 condi damage but he kills himself instantly and if you wont get back with vengence you character gets deleted.That would be really FUN gameplay.Don't ya think?

@Crusader.7460 said:

@"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:I agree the cast time is a huge mistake. Its not too late to remove it Irenio, please!

It really might be. It's a potentially simple fix, so if it ends up being a mistake, lets hope it won't take them 6 months to realise that.

Nah they wond do anything.They want to bury warrior into the sand .

Do you play more classes or just stick mainly to the warrior? If you look through the respective class subforums you'll come to the conclusion that anet "wants to bury" pretty much every single one of them. Tempest? "trash level". Thief? "bugged forever and constantly nerfed". Warrior? "unusable because unknown cast time" Mesmer? "nerfed again, gg, anet hates us!"So which subforum is correct here? The one I like the most? People just like looking at themselves forgetting about other's perspective, it's easier this way.

In pvp you wont be able to get into berserk mode unless you hide in bushes

By that logic you won't be able to use any skill with cast time. Do we even know what is the actual cast time on berserk? I didn't really dig aroung so let me know if "we" do.

then go berserk and mayby then you'll be able to do something.In wvw just forget XD.Props for making zerker FUN to play ! GG devs.Next update give warrior tradeoff, if he goes zerker mode he gets like 10000 str and 10000000 condi damage but he kills himself instantly and if you wont get back with vengence you character gets deleted.That would be really FUN gameplay.Don't ya think?

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/74168/anet-d-p-daredevil-deserves-more-impactful-nerfI told you, all the subforums are pretty much the same. Any nerf "kills the class", even the jokes with "make it dmg/kill itself" are the same. And what I'm saying is: wait and try it ingame, then eventually complain.

• Confused 1

"Decapitate: This skill has been reworked. It is now a long-range melee attack that does not leap forward and only hits 1 target. This skill recharges instantly if it hits and can be affected by quickness and slow."

This seems weird..So if i pop berserk util which keeps my adren filled for a few sec i can spam Decap aslong as it hits, add frenzy and it might become nuts. Reset adren again with Fury sig for e.g. I wonder if the damage got a shave to it..It seems pretty lol.

@KelyNeli.4516 said:

@JTGuevara.9018 said:Terrible. What is this? Just...why?

So, for pve I guess these are good changes, but for pvp it is a DISASTER. Sure the damage boost is nice and all, BUT....look at all that warriors lose out on in the process: toughness penalty, adrenaline through rage skills, f1 skills, most of all: a cast time. The existence of a cast time means that berserk mode can now be interrupted. Mark my words, berserker warrior will be kited to DEATH by ranged classes. Once people see the obvious big, red glow, pew-pew rangers, short-bow revenants and deadeyes will focus it and down it in seconds. Berserker was already squishy enough, now it's even weaker in all terms except for damage.

Berserker was dead in pvp, now it's freakin BURIED.

He will have the same armor as light armor classes do.Does it make them 100% useless?

Light armor classes don't need armor, because they have access to Protection and huge healing. Berserker does not. Imagine running a Thief with a Berserker amulet, you can't get any work done because you just die.

@FyzE.3472 said:

@choovanski.5462 said:well holy kitten

i think i might have to reinstall the game

think my boy might be back

Welcome back man!

hmmm unsure how i feel about game at current time

wvw is complete aids & unplayable with no PoF, so that gamemode is dead for me & my pals. pve is trash as usual. i still have all of my fashion wars done, & no desire for skins so no need for gold. powercreep is still rampant, & game is still a shadow of itself pre expansions. still no way to play in teams regularly in a competitive environment (ATs are at too weird times, & unranked is just not competitive. seriously)

however

both my mains, engineer & berserker have had their elite specs reworked in ways that i really enjoy. so im having fun with that

i feel like this game really needs on demand tournaments with teams, back like it used to have. idk why they can’t just add it back in, wasn't hard for them to remove it.

because right now, as someone with more than one friend... uh we just have to play unranked dude... & let me tell you it’s not fun for the noobs when we can 1v3 them- & you know it’s gonna get boring, might make us all quit again

@choovanski.5462 said:

Welcome back man!

wvw is complete aids & unplayable with no PoF, so that gamemode is dead for me & my pals. pve is trash as usual. i still have all of my fashion wars done, & no desire for skins so no need for gold. powercreep is still rampant, & game is still a shadow of itself pre expansions. still no way to play in teams regularly in a competitive environment (ATs are at too weird times, & unranked is just not competitive. seriously)

however

both my mains, engineer & berserker have had their elite specs reworked in ways that i really enjoy. so im having fun with that

i feel like this game really needs on demand tournaments with teams, back like it used to have. idk why they can’t just add it back in, wasn't hard for them to remove it.

because right now, as someone with more than one friend... uh we just have to play unranked dude... & let me tell you it’s not fun for the noobs when we can 1v3 them- & you know it’s gonna get boring, might make us all quit again

I understand man. The thing is, after certain events, it seems like Anet are more active than even before (what I've heard at least). So I personally have hope for changes. Good ones too! Scrapper and Berserker rework were one of them, so I don't know... Seems like they are on the right track again. At least for me :)

@FyzE.3472 said:

Welcome back man!

however

I understand man. The thing is, after certain events, it seems like Anet are more active than even before (what I've heard at least). So I personally have hope for changes. Good ones too! Scrapper and Berserker rework were one of them, so I don't know... Seems like they are on the right track again. At least for me :)

yeah, we quit and uninstalled. power creep makes the game basically skill less. just spam and rotate invuns.

reworks are cool yeah, but basic gameplay is so awful atm.

I'm back to FH and really enjoying having to think thru my moves and playing mindgames. gave gw2 another chance, but it just hasn't changed enough for me and my pals to want to stick around.

got new characters and reworks to look forward to in FH. which should be more elegant than anets accidental one shot arc divider (that build is a total meme in PvP... kill w one skill lol wtf).

so yeah, have fun y'all- but I'm out cya

Just as i expected.Berserker melts down everything in sight, GS Arc diver is so stronk, with that and hundred blades you could hit over 100k burst holy cow.Have not played too much with axe yet but i guess good old pvp set of sword + axe deals nuclear amount of damage with stronger berserker mode.

@YuiRS.8129 said:Light armor classes don't need armor, because they have access to Protection and huge healing. Berserker does not. Imagine running a Thief with a Berserker amulet, you can't get any work done because you just die.

Why do you even need 300 toughness if you have nuclear weapons in your hands?With blood reckoning and this amount of dmg you heal from 1% to 100% in no time if you timed rightly lol.

• 2 years later...

@KelyNeli.4516 well only if you go fully glass Canon without any defensive and of course only in pve.  Berserker rly need some love back and with love i mean get rit off at least 1 trait off. Now you get -300 thougness and no way to stack ub adrenalin heal outside of the Berserker Mode.

Edited by Pati.2438