Tyrian Service Medal and Orr Temples

@"Ginormica.5078" said:I would like to see a rolling timer for attacks on the Temples. It´s not only the Tyrian Service Medal, for the Astralaria IV collection u need the attack on the Dwayna Temple to fight against the statue. But you have no chance when 5 people can defend it for the medal achievement.

You can also kill the Risen Lieutenant at the Cathedral of Zephyrs while the Pact control the temple. That's how I got mine, and I just finished Astralaria within the last couple of weeks. See: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ancient_Charting_Device

Just like you can get the Magnification Lens from the Eye of Zhaitan that's patrolling the Kings Passage in Malchor instead of just capturing the Promenade of the Gods.

BTW, good luck with Astralaria! It's my first legendary and it looks even better than the pics show on the wiki!

It's not only about temple events, there are several collections which have the same problem. Badazar's Champion is pretty famous for this reason ;p I think it's bad to set it on a timer... I'd prefer some item which notices me when the event I want to do is about to start. Of course all IP need to be taken into account.

@Ginormica.5078 said:I would like to see a rolling timer for attacks on the Temples. It´s not only the Tyrian Service Medal, for the Astralaria IV collection u need the attack on the Dwayna Temple to fight against the statue. But you have no chance when 5 people can defend it for the medal achievement.

Defense events count at all the temples (although I think at the entrance to Arah it's based on the boss, not the event itself). For various legendary bosses, I rarely participated in the assaults. For the service medal, I think it was half assault and half defense.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Ginormica.5078 said:I would like to see a rolling timer for attacks on the Temples. It´s not only the Tyrian Service Medal, for the Astralaria IV collection u need the attack on the Dwayna Temple to fight against the statue. But you have no chance when 5 people can defend it for the medal achievement.

Defense events count at all the temples (although I think at the entrance to Arah it's based on the boss, not the event itself). For various legendary bosses, I rarely participated in the assaults. For the service medal, I think it was half assault and half defense.

I sometimes even got it on failed defence event.

• 7 months later...

@TRAKTOR.7580 said:seems like none of anet staffs are reading this

They did read it, months ago, when it was originally posted...you get credit for either successful defense or victories(whether that's capture or just completing the event), it's either or no and you have to have sufficient participation to get credit...unless it bugged out again.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Boogiepop Void.6473 said:BTW while this thread is about Orr, the other events in the collection could also use some spiffying. Claw of Jormag in particular is pretty bad.

Wait. Why is the Claw of Jormag one bad? It's even easier to get done than Shatterer and Tequatl.

In Shatterer and Tequatl you are always doing something that advances the boss. Not so for claw. The design of the event is bad, and has been for a long time. The first part is nothing but ability spam (and tends to lag out so badly you can't even see what you are doing) and the second part is several minutes of standing around waiting for the boss to go prone from the golems, which you can neither speed up by succeeding nor slow down by failing. The measure of a good event is if it's interesting and your presence is impactful, not how easy it is. Claw is neither.

That’s because players are choosing to be lazy and just standing in one location spamming their skills. There are ways to speed up the entire fight.

If there are they are so badly communicated that no one knows what they are. As far as I can tell there is nothing to do in the BUT stand there and spam skills.

Phase one has bombs and other items that can be used to damage the wall. Phase two has blowtorches which help remove the ice so the golems get to the boss. Just standing there and auto-attacking only prolongs the fight.Actually, nowadays, both those cases offer a
decrease
in dps. These environmental weapons are simply not worth taking.

• 2 weeks later...

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@TRAKTOR.7580 said:seems like none of anet staffs are reading this

They did read it, months ago, when it was originally posted...you get credit for either successful defense or victories(whether that's capture or just completing the event), it's either or no and you have to have sufficient participation to get credit...unless it bugged out again.

I failed two events and succeeded on three events. Got credit towards the achievement for all of them.

• 2 months later...

Just spend over an hour waiting for one of these events to pop, this gives me plenty of time to play other games and spend money on them.

Now we all know everybody would rather have me spend this money on Guildwars instead, please make the defense events spawn quicker or something :+1:

I totally agree that the temples need to be revamped and put on some sort of a timer. I'm actually kinda hoping that's what they meant by revisiting older maps in the upcoming LW. They revamped the PoF metas, don't see why they can't revamp some core ones.

• 2 years later...