Ranger Shortbow 2 causing mini video freezes/lags

On 11/8/2021 at 9:15 AM, Mr White.8536 said:

There is no graphic setting that will make it go away. I think I tried all the combinations. On top of that skill also weaver's 2nd sword skill causes the stutter.

Glad to read that \sarcasm. Will we have a fix to this issue anytime soon? Probabily not.

Apparently it seems affecting mostly who has New gen GPUs (But I might be wrong on this last detail, it's just an assumption I've done asking to some ppl in game!).

Edited by Jariel.9274

13 minutes ago, Jariel.9274 said:

Glad to read that \sarcasm. Will we have a fix to this issue anytime soon? Probabily not.

Apparently it seems affecting mostly who has New gen GPUs (But I might be wrong on this last detail, it's just an assumption I've done asking to some ppl in game!).

I have RX 5700XT. Not so new anymore I would say :)

On 8/24/2021 at 10:49 PM, Mr White.8536 said:

Ever since beta started, I've notice that micro stuttering when in instances like strikes, raid, fractals, pvp. I've no idea who is causing it but I also believe that some skills are causing that micro freezes. Really annoying. Hopefully this can be solved.

This started happening to me for the past two days in daily fractals. Coincidentally we had a weaver in the group both times so not sure if any of the skills caused it. They definitely messed up something in a recent update as I've never had this issue on either dx11/dx9.

I have recently started getting a random mini freeze when playing on ranger. Either wordly impact slows down by a lot even without any condi on me (everyone moves normally though) or the game freezes a bit when using some gs skill. I have only had it since the last patch that prevented me from going into the character selection screen.

On 8/26/2021 at 6:19 PM, Mr White.8536 said:

I just had a pvp game against mesmer that whenever he cloned himself he caused everyone freeze. Something weird is going on with the game lately. I really hope this get fixed. I literally had a slide show during the fight. Dropping from 100 to 20 fps every second....

I had a mes who told me that when people party up with her and play with her their game crashes, I didn't believe it, so partied up and played a match with her, and loe and behold I had a crash. I don't know the technical jargon for stuff like that, but I think she was hacking. 

Not commenting on that particular skill, but short freezes have become a more noticeable issue with the DX9 version of the game since said patch, even on high.end machines.

Locations where fast movement and/or camera turns have caused micro freezes under DX9 before now cause noticeably longer stutters.

No such issue under DX11 (but that beta is not playable yet, with all the texture and effects display issues it has).

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have this issue as well...seeing it for the first time as it's the first time I've equipped a shortbow on my Ranger. Playing on the DX11 beta. RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra w/ Ryzen 9 5900x. Absolutely annoying and makes the shortbow pretty much not even usable for me. Unfortunately don't have any legendary skins to try. 

Edited by DragonMoon.6098

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...