Expand the character slot amount for EoD?

18 minutes ago, Rod.6581 said:

I've had this conversation before, and I'm fairly certain that upper limit is actually 71.  At least, I've yet to hear anyone say they actually have more and explain how they managed the extra beyond 71.  I personally have 71, thanks to the full slots anomaly adding extras, and I didn't miss any opportunities to get more. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lyssia.4637 said:

I've had this conversation before, and I'm fairly certain that upper limit is actually 71.  At least, I've yet to hear anyone say they actually have more and explain how they managed the extra beyond 71.  I personally have 71, thanks to the full slots anomaly adding extras, and I didn't miss any opportunities to get more. 

I also have 71, but there are accounts listed on efficiency that have 72, and a single account with 73.

18 minutes ago, Miss Lana.5276 said:

I also have 71, but there are accounts listed on efficiency that have 72, and a single account with 73.

I think that might be a bug in efficiency.  Just in my own account, it still lists the beta characters, making it look like I have 74, and the number of expansions and the number of characters I actually have don't match. 

I know there was a bug at one point where I was able to buy a character slot above the max, at one point and then couldn't play that character or the first one in my list until I deleted the older one; the slot disappeared then, but if someone didn't delete the extra, that might account for the appearance of extra characters.  Especially if it was also retaining information on beta characters.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lyssia.4637 said:

I think that might be a bug in efficiency.  Just in my own account, it still lists the beta characters, making it look like I have 74, and the number of expansions and the number of characters I actually have don't match. 

I know there was a bug at one point where I was able to buy a character slot above the max, at one point and then couldn't play that character or the first one in my list until I deleted the older one; the slot disappeared then, but if someone didn't delete the extra, that might account for the appearance of extra characters.  Especially if it was also retaining information on beta characters.

If beta characters would count it would say that I have 74, which it doesn't. It only counts permanent ones.

There was a way to effectively get an extra slot back when HoT was released. I don't know the logistics of it, but there are accounts with 72 and 73 characters. Believe me or not, the data doesn't lie /shrug

4 hours ago, Miss Lana.5276 said:

If beta characters would count it would say that I have 74, which it doesn't. It only counts permanent ones.

There was a way to effectively get an extra slot back when HoT was released. I don't know the logistics of it, but there are accounts with 72 and 73 characters. Believe me or not, the data doesn't lie /shrug

Not sure what you're trying to prove here, my friend.  The bug is present in my own data on my own account in efficiency; it is still listing my beta characters.  I have no idea how you are even seeing the general account data, so I can't speak beyond what I saw, and apparently no one has confirmed 73 enough to update the wiki.  I'm not saying I don't believe you; I was reporting what I saw, and tossing out a possible explanation.  If 73 is possible, good for them.  Not that any of that matters to the actual topic of the thread, so I'll just bow out on that note.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Galmac.4680 said:

For what do you need so many chars? One per race per profession/spezialization, plus perhaps a handfull more, but then??? Cannot understand that wish, as much as I try.

i unno. I have 14 Charr, 1 Norn, 1 Asura and 1 Sylvari. I dont see the need for more. If they add another race ill buy more slots and make more characters. Maybe storage?

• Confused 1

I had no idea the maximum was 73(!) I have 22 and I think that is A LOT since I rarely play as most of them. I have one main, which I play as 70% of the time and then five that share about 28% and the remaining sixteen ones get 2% of my gaming time. I understand some people may alternate between their characters more than me, but 72? C'mon. That must be enough for most.

Edited by Paralux.6714
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Lyssia.4637 said:

same here,  71.  If I recall 69 was max then the xpacs allowed those with max to have the extras.   There was a time when they still showed character slots for sale or in a package as available to those who maxed.  I bought one.  Then went through a back a forth with Anet support trying to get it to be added to my account.  They even asked if they could log on my account and try to apply it themselves from their end.  Since they couldn't get it to work they changed the  character slot buy option for those who had max.  Also I agree with you on the gw2efficiency.  It's showing I still have my beta characters.  As far as 73 being max.  I don't know.  All I know is the store wont allow me to buy more or buy a package that has a slot.  Well, they will let me buy the package but it states  it is a reduced price because the character slot has been removed.

Edited by danielrjones.8759
add info
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, danielrjones.8759 said:

same here,  71.  If I recall 69 was max then the xpacs allowed those with max to have the extras.   There was a time when they still showed character slots for sale or in a package as available to those who maxed.  I bought one.  Then went through a back a forth with Anet support trying to get it to be added to my account.  They even asked if they could log on my account and try to apply it themselves from their end.  Since they couldn't get it to work they changed the  character slot buy option for those who had max.  Also I agree with you on the gw2efficiency.  It's showing I still have my beta characters.  As far as 73 being max.  I don't know.  All I know is the store wont allow me to buy more or buy a package that has a slot.  Well, they will let me buy the package but it states  it is a reduced price because the character slot has been removed.

For what it's worth, that's exactly what happened with me as well, complete with the back and forth with support, trying to get it to work.  Though I got a stern talking-to in email form at the end, warning me not to try to buy more than the max again, since they couldn't guarantee a refund if it didn't work.  😄

Sorry, I did say I was going to bow out and not derail this thread more.  On that note, to answer the OPs initial idea (since I never actually did): I totally support more character slots, but I'll be honest; whatever max they set, I'll always want to make just one more.  I do rather wish they'd just up the max to a hard 75 or something, just to end the confusion, but I'm sure that only bothers OCD people such as myself.

For those who wonder how a player can have so many: I like making characters as much as I like playing them.  For me, creating them, detailing their names and working out their stories for myself is half the fun.  I have a few I play the most, simply because they have the best gear and specs for group play (mostly WvW), but I do cycle through the rest regularly enough that all mine are 60 or above.  Grindy things are less grindy for me when I split them among many different characters.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Lyssia.4637 said:

For what it's worth, that's exactly what happened with me as well, complete with the back and forth with support, trying to get it to work.  Though I got a stern talking-to in email form at the end, warning me not to try to buy more than the max again, since they couldn't guarantee a refund if it didn't work.  😄

Sorry, I did say I was going to bow out and not derail this thread more.  On that note, to answer the OPs initial idea (since I never actually did): I totally support more character slots, but I'll be honest; whatever max they set, I'll always want to make just one more.  I do rather wish they'd just up the max to a hard 75 or something, just to end the confusion, but I'm sure that only bothers OCD people such as myself.

For those who wonder how a player can have so many: I like making characters as much as I like playing them.  For me, creating them, detailing their names and working out their stories for myself is half the fun.  I have a few I play the most, simply because they have the best gear and specs for group play (mostly WvW), but I do cycle through the rest regularly enough that all mine are 60 or above.  Grindy things are less grindy for me when I split them among many different characters.

I failed to answer the OP's questions as well.  Personally I wish they would at least increase the max to 90.  It would allow us to have all combinations possible as far a race/sex/professions.   I think 90 would cover that.  Right now my GW2 characters family feels incomplete.  And I totally get how each character means something different to you.  I feel the same way.   Unless they add more options to the race/sex/professions.  Then I would like for them to increase the amount to w/e the max possible combinations would be.

Edited by danielrjones.8759
edit
  • Like 1

I had no idea people had that many characters. Some things would be very streamlined with dozens of characters all parked at the right spot. But wow, I can only imagine how mind-numbing that would be to log into each one push *interact* over, and over, and over.

I have one of each profession and one extra slot just because I remade my ranger and the old one had been around long enough I felt bad deleting him. Every once in a while I think about making another character... I like creating them, but then I think about having to choose between playing the new one or the old of the same profession, and it makes me abandon the idea.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

45 minutes ago, Miss Lana.5276 said:

Stats > Account statistics > Characters. First is clearly 74. Your "value" is how many you have. Mine says 71, which doesn't include beta characters.

Ah, that's helpful, thanks!

My value IS 74, but I can assure you, I only actually have 71 characters in game.  So, I don't know.  🤷‍♀️

12 hours ago, Lyssia.4637 said:

Ah, that's helpful, thanks!

My value IS 74, but I can assure you, I only actually have 71 characters in game.  So, I don't know.  🤷‍♀️

GW2Efficiency still lists my three beta characters as characters on my account. It seems the API is still reporting those characters on our accounts, even though the beta is over. That would explain the 3 over max.

Edited by Gibson.4036