celestial warrior

bhaldor.9837

hey all,

bit sick of the usual power warrior. and i dislike condi beserker.

anyone been able to make celestial work for open world? that can take on harder solo content? extra quickness uptime is handy especially if using longbow. (i hate how slow long bow is)

anyhow, chasing some ideas on what other may have found that works?.

cheers

• Like 1

We lack the weapons to make Celestial Work.

Celestial works on classes that can Might Stack AND have Hybrid weapons that benefit both from Conditions and Strength, we dont have any.

The closes thing we have is bow if you trait for it, and it still sucks.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Apolo.5942 said:

We lack the weapons to make Celestial Work.

Celestial works on classes that can Might Stack AND have Hybrid weapons that benefit both from Conditions and Strength, we dont have any.

The closes thing we have is bow if you trait for it, and it still sucks.

Sword is a hybrid weapon, it's pretty good too. Off-Hand Sword should be pretty good as well actually, the 4 skill does insane damage afaik

I've used Celestial a bit thanks to legendaries, it's cool to have such a high amount of stats. I want to run it a bit more now I think and see how it feels if I seriously play that. Right now I am mostly using Diviner's so I can no brain my 25 stacks of might without pressing buttons.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Imba.9451 said:

Alot better than bow though. Thats what I noticed from condi berserker at least. Bow hits like a wet noodle.

Sure, that does not mean it is viable thou

Ill compare it to Guardians axe so you can see areal hybrid weapon.

Untraited on 25 stacks of might (physical + condition damage)

1-Sword`s chain: 1470, 1470, 1770
Axe Chain: 1000, 1000, 4271, plus they have 5 strikes that count towards additional burning

2-Sword`s gap closer: 800

Axe Simbol: 5123, plus 5 hits that count towards additional burning, plus fury, plus healing if traited.

3-Sword's "finisher": 2137 if hitting under 50% otherwise half that.
Axes pull: 2200

These, are all full celestial +25 stacks of might, the damage just is not there. If traited, axe scales much harder since symbols last longer and heal, thus extra hits that count towards burning.

Edited by Apolo.5942
  • Confused 1

I out longbow'd a soulbeast with Celestial Longbow/Greatsword in WvW, but that player was aweful (as many ranger players are in WvW).

Cele warrior has pretty kitten good base stats that can be turned into anything, even power GS, depending on the runes. 200# base crit damage, lots of defense, lots of vitality, and 50% crit chance with fury. Pretty great base stats.

Sword and LB are still Hybrid weapons even in this meta btw. Look at the whole weapon bar, not just the AA chain. Flurry has as high of a power coefficient as Eviscerate atm FWIW PLUS bleeding.

Thanks for the reply all.

Ive tried a few versions of core as both condi/cele and while ok the DPS and survivability is lacking.

Warrior seems to be one of the few classes without a tough as nails condi version you can switch to to solo group content.

Ive been soloing lots of group content on power, but im a tad sick of it.

cant find a decent condi/hybrid version as capable as the power version.

7 hours ago, bhaldor.9837 said:

Thanks for the reply all.

NP.

Ive tried a few versions of core as both condi/cele and while ok the DPS and survivability is lacking.

Try different runes and utilities then. Runes of the Undead are pretty good. Any source of passive healing like Adrenal Health goes further on Cele since the defense is so high.

Warrior seems to be one of the few classes without a tough as nails condi version you can switch to to solo group content.

Ive been soloing lots of group content on power, but im a tad sick of it.

cant find a decent condi/hybrid version as capable as the power version.

You do it by leveraging the base 3k defense and 25k HP from cele stats. 

Try this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAw6NlZwuYjMMWJOuPqJVA-zxIY1o7vUirACMEaNCyOBEZaAxnG-e
Has a passive 1,165 HP health regen in PvE which is stronger than some active heal over time skills. Passive heal is 952 in WvW. Bear in mind that assumes you are getting regen procs and hitting with your T3 bursts.

• Like 1

Cele stats are hard to use. It depends on the DPS split of your weapons + trait balance as well as having a critical look at the need to have all those stats. Most times, you can get a more optimized build by mixing non-cele stat gear. 

Personally, I have found that cele does have a purpose ... if you want a condi/hybrid build with lots of boon uptime. A tanky Condi Herald is one example where celestial excels. 

I find celestials hard to apply to warrior ... lack of reliable, on-demand boon application is my hangup to committing to it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Cele stats are hard to use. It depends on the DPS split of your weapons + trait balance as well as having a critical look at the need to have all those stats. Most times, you can get a more optimized build by mixing non-cele stat gear. 

Personally, I have found that cele does have a purpose ... if you want a condi/hybrid build with lots of boon uptime. A tanky Condi Herald is one example where celestial excels. 

I find celestials hard to apply to warrior ... lack of reliable, on-demand boon application is my hangup to committing to it. 

FGJ? Warhorn? Might upon might?

EDIT: Not to mention that cele is currently the only stat with Power/Precision/Ferocity/Expertise on it. Warrior's who want a power based build, but also want expertise for things like extending Immobilize, Cripple, and Vulnerability can use Cele gear for those purposes as well.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910

20 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

FGJ? Warhorn? Might upon might?

EDIT: Not to mention that cele is currently the only stat with Power/Precision/Ferocity/Expertise on it. Warrior's who want a power based build, but also want expertise for things like extending Immobilize, Cripple, and Vulnerability can use Cele gear for those purposes as well.

I'm not saying it doesn't have purposes, it's just difficult to justify. If the duration of those few conditions was that important, I would be looking at sprinkling Bringer gear into the mix. My problem with cele is that it pushes hard into sustain traits (and Heal Power skills scale terribly with it) at the same time pushing into not used stats. Sure, it's got Power/Precision/Ferocity/Expertise ... but it's also got Condi. It's also got other stats you aren't likely to get good mileage with depending on a build. What I said is still true ... it's a hard prefix to use. It's almost like you have to say "I'm using Cele" and THEN create a build around that to get use from all the stats on it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

I'm not saying it doesn't have purposes, it's just difficult to justify. If the duration of those few conditions was that important, I would be looking at sprinkling Bringer gear into the mix. My problem with cele is that it pushes hard into sustain traits (and Heal Power skills scale terribly with it) at the same time pushing into not used stats. Sure, it's got Power/Precision/Ferocity/Expertise ... but it's also got Condi. It's also got other stats you aren't likely to get good mileage with depending on your build. What I said is still true ... it's a hard prefix to use. 

Lets you use a longbow on the other weapon set pretty effectively to counter kiters as opposed to using rifle. It's a very useful stat set when the best traits in your traitlines all give passive stats.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2021 at 2:14 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Try this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAw6NlZwuYjMMWJOuPqJVA-zxIY1o7vUirACMEaNCyOBEZaAxnG-e
Has a passive 1,165 HP health regen in PvE which is stronger than some active heal over time skills. Passive heal is 952 in WvW. Bear in mind that assumes you are getting regen procs and hitting with your T3 bursts.

Good morning!

I apologize for sounding quite ignorant, but could you explain me why use Merciless hammer and Body blow?

thanks!

1 hour ago, Shprokets.9746 said:

Good morning!

I apologize for sounding quite ignorant, but could you explain me why use Merciless hammer and Body blow?

thanks!

Merciless Hammer provides 10 adrenaline per foe hit with a CC with 0 CD. Using it with Shield Bash is a way to gather adrenaline easily. You can swap out SiO for Stomp for an AoE CC and get a full 30 adrenaline with it if you hit 3 foes.

Body Blow will cause that Shield Bash to apply weakness to the foe so that their dodging is compromised, and their critical hits get negated 50% of the time thus providing you with an extra layer of defense. There is also an extra stack of bleed, but the real value in Body Blow at the moment is the weakness. 

Neither is required. You could easily take Berserker's Power, since Flurry hits as hard as a T3 eviscerate, just in 11 hits instead of 1, and comes with an immob and 11 stacks of bleed. You are also free to take FGS or GF.

Celestial will give you a fairly good baseline of Critical Damage, HP, and Defense, It's possible to build a warrior that still has 4k/4.1k/4.25k Power (Core/SpB/Ber) while fully buffed while running Celestial.

2.9k Defense, 25k HP, 207% crit damage 58% crit chance with Fury with Scholar runes. You can sacrifice some of that 4k power for precision (and you probably should).

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
typos due to lack of caffeine.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In terms of pvp/wvw,  warrior lacks a good hybrid weapon. Longbow and sword are made to fill the role but lack the ability to fill that role. The only reliable condition that warriors can apply are bleed and burn but can't inflict enough of either or in a fast enough manner to be effective. Sword does scale poorly with power but does have enough to be effective in conjunction with a significant condition presents. Bow is just trash power damage and would need a major buff. I would say warrior need access to more condis on bow weapons and higher damage scaling for power